Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where is the best pvp?

13»

Comments

• ValuaValua Member Posts: 520
    Originally posted by Gymrat313

What mmorpg has the best pvp?

World of Warcraft (possibly until GW2.)

It's the most polished and non buggy PvP out there.

Whatever people say about the game you can't deny that is has the most class balanced PvP in any MMO.

Random battlegrounds are fun, as long as the team you're on is evenly matched with the other team.

Arena's are very stratigic and intense, as are Rated Battlegrounds.

• GamerUntouchGamerUntouch Member Posts: 488

For structure "arena" type - GW2 or GW1

For open world FFA - EVE

Edit: It appears I've already posted in this thread, lolwat.

• LoganFordLoganFord Member Posts: 4
    If you want s FPS with combined persistent universe, customisable apartments, deep crafting system and end game PVP then try Neocron 2 - yes graphic are dated, but by selecting your skills, armour, implants, buffs, weapon and damage type you can truly play your own style.
    Have a fast character, low damage resists, dodge your way out of trouble.
    Have a slower character, high damage resists And face damage head on.
    There are many ways you can customise your char to your style,

And it's FREE, no subscription(currently) no start up few, no cash shop. Cyberpunk, FFA - what you got to lose :)
  • ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871
    Originally posted by Gymrat313

What mmorpg has the best pvp?

Anarchy Online pre-means (NGE)

Let's internet

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

FFXI but nobody playedFFXI for PVP.

FFXI is a NO spam game [at least before Haste gear comes into affect] and the pvp took place in the real game world ,no instances.The setup was controlled as players set the match up prior and the teams were balanced.Long timers means you think about your decisions,no easy outs as even the strongest healing takes a long time to cast.

It would all depend on you like manual aim or not.This is why i picked FFXi,it was more about your thinking than aim.IMO the auto aim works best in rpg's because RPG's have far too many spells and abilities to manage all while aiming.You can't have a skillful pvp if you have to look elsewhere rather than the aim.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977
    Originally posted by ThemePork

Planetside 2

+1

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• kDeviLkDeviL Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Guild Wars 2. Hands down. By a mile.

If WoW was released today even in its' entirety it would be f2p in 3 months.
    Why is it still such a big deal?

• ValuaValua Member Posts: 520
    Originally posted by kDeviL
    Guild Wars 2. Hands down. By a mile.

It's not even out yet.

• S4ndurS4ndur Member UncommonPosts: 19

Even after 2 years of playing EVE Online I still get mad adrenaline rushes when PVPing. So does many of my  friends.

Maybe its the fear of loss (you lose what you fly) noone knows but its a sensation no other game has given.

If you are a sci-fi lover EVE Online is definately worth checking out.

Catch you on the planetside!

• RamzeppelinRamzeppelin Member Posts: 101

There will seemingly never be another game like World of Warcraft...Yes I mean PvP wise.

Here is the deal for me and my son.

Warcraft before the just...harsh choice of forcing us to level in PvP , had the most fun PvP I have ever had the utter joy to partake in.

People talk about the wrong things when they talk about PvP. What Blizzard did first thing was make the connection between the player and his avatar seemless.

Then they created a seriously amazing happy chaos in the battlegrounds. Ice mages were utterly different from a rogue and warrior, yet all 3 could win out if the player using him was better, and you new why afterwords.

It did not move too fast so it did not feel like a FPS.

We still talk about matches we had, matches that went back and forth for a few hours only to end because my son and I pulled off a heroic move and capped a flag with 8 people doing everything undder the sun to prevent it.

After matches like that we would take a break and talk about what had happened to each of us at various points in the match and then hurry back to our PC's to play another.

Then they forced us to level ( their fix for us made sure getting a match for PvP with EXP turned off was not going to happen unless we paid the crazy price of over 2 to 3 hundred dollars to move out avatars to another server!

This after we worked for months to outfit our characters. Then they gave PvE'ers all the power, of which they still say insightful things like " I think the changes were good"

Well duh, you unlike myself are not interested in everyone enjoying the game. Anyways...it still stings. And now after trying at least 20 MMO's since, nothing manages that same "feel" WoW had. 

Warhammer may be the one that is sorta close, but every time I play it it feels off somehow.

GW2 was a massive let down Pvp wise, they did everything right but the action feels hectic and less strategic. You mash buttons. and you avatar feels not as well connected. (In wow you did not button mash, if you did you lost)

SWTOR had decent mechanics but getting into open world PvP was super hard. The Battleground system was a joke for several reasons. Notice nobody stayed for it like Warsong Gulch.

The list goes on and on. amazing as it sounds, WoW had my ideal PvP and I would still be playing had they not said FU to us way back when.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    See to me wow and swtor have awful pvp.

Gw2 has pretty good pvp, but it lacks rivalry.

For me the best games for pvp have been daoc, eve & planetside. Perpetuum was pretty good too, war was above average.
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072

I stand by my original assertion that you will not find better PvP anywhere than in Vendetta Online.  That is one of the things the game is known for, especially among its players.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/10/10/vendetta-now-available-on-windows-8-rt/

(check the comments section)

If you would like to read a more detailed write-up here on this site you can find it here.

It is not a button-masher; in team situations it feels more like playing soccer. It is definitely more than a FPS due to the MMORPG mechanics (persistent world, dynamically conquerable content etc.) Think X-Wing meets Escape Velocity in an MMORPG, with semi-realistic physics.

Ramzeppelin, what stood out to me the most in your post were the fun times you and your son had together.  I think that, depending on the community, you could find that type of experience anywhere if the conditions were right.  I've spent many long nights going back and forth with my guild and its allies versus enemy groups over conquerable stations; I know the feeling of a battle hard fought ending in a strategic victory.

I've since taken a different stance in the game, leaving the guild, but the mechanics are still there.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance