Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

9/1/2012 Status Update [ArenaNet]

bookworm438bookworm438 Member Posts: 647

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_status_updates

Highlights:

Hacked Accounts

Our customer support team is prioritizing tickets from customers with hacked accounts or who are otherwise blocked from logging into the game. If your account was hacked, please follow these instructions for submitting a ticket, to make sure that your ticket is correctly prioritized and to make sure you're submitting all the information we need to restore your access.

Trading Post
For hacked accounts, expect a response within 72 hours. As of this writing we're working on tickets submitted August 30. If you submitted a hacked account ticket on August 29 or earlier, and haven't received a response yet, your ticket may not be correctly prioritized. In that case, please submit a new ticket using the above instructions, and in the title write, "Hacked Account - Ticket submitted August 2x - Ticket number xxxxxx-xxxxxx" (fill in the date and ticket number), and we will prioritize your existing (August 29 or earlier) ticket."

We're periodically opening the Trading Post for testing. This morning it was open to all players for six hours. As of this writing, the Trading Post is offline so we can apply further bug fixes and performance improvements.
This morning during testing, some users purchased items and didn't immediately receive them, or sold items and didn't immediately receive the gold. We do have record of these transactions and are working on completing them. Check the "pick up" tab on your commerce panel to see if your transaction has completed.

Comments

• GaborikGaborik Member Posts: 251
    In those " 6 hrs" our gem sales decreased so we have decided to take down the AH for another week to sucker you into buying more gems. Thats what they mean right?
  • SheepduckSheepduck Member Posts: 32
    Originally posted by Gaborik
    In those " 6 hrs" our gem sales decreased so we have decided to take down the AH for another week to sucker you into buying more gems. Thats what they mean right?

I've been enjoying the game since the head start began but I do find it funny that throughout the bugs and trading post problems that the gem store has been going without a hitch, gotta make that money

• KrytycalKrytycal Member Posts: 520

No word on the official forums yet? It's 2012, it's really not that hard to host a forum.

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    Originally posted by Sheepduck

I've been enjoying the game since the head start began but I do find it funny that throughout the bugs and trading post problems that the gem store has been going without a hitch, gotta make that money

Yes, just weird, the CS or gem store have been up since day one

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I noticed the gem store been up the whole time also.

• bookworm438bookworm438 Member Posts: 647
    Originally posted by Krytycal

No word on the official forums yet? It's 2012, it's really not that hard to host a forum.

Follow the link I posted. Yes there is information on official forums. 

"

Forums
    Our most important priority at the moment is to ensure that the game runs stably and flawlessly. So as to not create additional demand on our infrastructure and on our programming team, we made the decision not to open the forums until the initial mass influx of players has calmed down a bit."
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    WTB a customer service number like everyother AAA mmo has.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • KrytycalKrytycal Member Posts: 520
    Originally posted by bookworm438

"

Forums
    Our most important priority at the moment is to ensure that the game runs stably and flawlessly. So as to not create additional demand on our infrastructure and on our programming team, we made the decision not to open the forums until the initial mass influx of players has calmed down a bit."

They had perfectly functional forums for BWEs and stress tests with massive influx of players too. It's not like they need programmers to code new forums, or lack "overflow" servers. Whatever reason they chose not to open them, it's a shame because official forums go a long way in helping helping people find answers to their problems instead of googling and having to go to 10 different forums to look for solutions.

I guess it's a good thing their Costumer Service is on top of things.

I kid.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by bcbully

Since only 10 folks play that other AAA mmo they have more cs reps then players

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Baddogbill

Since only 10 folks play that other AAA mmo they have more cs reps then players

You talking about WoW?

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

It didn't help my friend with SWTOR.  He got "Indians who didn't know shit about the game".

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

"

Forums

They had perfectly functional forums for BWEs and stress tests with massive influx of players too. It's not like they programmers to code new forums, or lack "overflow" servers. Whatever reason they chose not to open them, it's a shame because official forums go a long way in helping helping people find answers to their problems instead of googling and having to go to 10 different forums to look for solutions.

I kid.

The just dont want people talking about all the real problems that the game have in their website, if people know the truth, maybe they wont buy the game.

"

Forums

We dont want people to come to our forum and express the issues ingame we are having. We want our blind flock of sheep to stay blind . Isnt that what that means?
  • TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by hikaru77

"

Forums

They had perfectly functional forums for BWEs and stress tests with massive influx of players too. It's not like they programmers to code new forums, or lack "overflow" servers. Whatever reason they chose not to open them, it's a shame because official forums go a long way in helping helping people find answers to their problems instead of googling and having to go to 10 different forums to look for solutions.

I kid.

The just dont want people talking about all the real problems that the game have in their website, if people know the truth, maybe they wont buy the game.

If they only keep the forum open to current customers, they would avoid the problem with potential future ones.

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

Or if we look at it putting the conspiracies aside, the regular AH has a ton more demand from players meaning it's under tremendous load and spam, unlike the gem store that only some people use, and even then the gem store has been reported to have hiccups and freezings too. Also they must be on different servers and under additional protection when it comes to gem store since it uses cred card info. Just maybe.

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    Originally posted by Eir_S

It didn't help my friend with SWTOR.  He got "Indians who didn't know shit about the game".

They outsourced their customer service?

Originally posted by Kuinn

Or if we look at it putting the conspiracies aside, the regular AH has a ton more demand from players meaning it's under tremendous load and spam, unlike the gem store that only some people use, and even then the gem store has been reported to have hiccups and freezings too. Also they must be on different servers and under additional protection when it comes to gem store since it uses cred card info. Just maybe.

If that is true please explain why they cant manage a simple forum. When you start connecting the dots it all starts to add up and not their favor.
  • kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

no different than any other mmo..most have their AH up well before and sorted..even TSW had theres up..although there was a time delay on some items..has for the credit card stuff..it should be on a seperate secure server..what gets me is if they can make the credit card shit so secure why cant they use that stuff for account info..tbh i aint got a fuckin clue how it works ...great game though..gt feel for the guys gettin hacked or being billed 3 times for gems.personally i dont purchase out of these cash shops,never have,never will.

If that is true please explain why they cant manage a simple forum. When you start connecting the dots it all starts to add up and not their favor.

First of all, you dont think that's possible what I said? Really not even a small chance? That the standard AH is under a shitton of more load and on a different hardware?

Second, they dont have a forum up, for the same reason I wouldnt have forum up for the couple of first weeks after launch, massive trolling and abuse of the forums taking a huge amount of resources to maintain and to moderate, endless hater vs. fanboy total war threads, having very little actual help or usefulness for customers, just like in every mmorpg launch ever. Just a guess.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Second, they dont have a forum up, for the same reason I wouldnt have forum up for the couple of first weeks after launch, massive trolling and abuse of the forums taking a huge amount of resources to maintain and to moderate, endless hater vs. fanboy total war threads, having very little actual help or usefulness for customers, just like in every mmorpg launch ever. Just a guess.

Well it's all well and good to avoid user conflict etc., but what about technical support?  Where are we supposed to go for that? It seems to me they just need to hire some temps.

Originally posted by kevjards

no different than any other mmo..most have their AH up well before and sorted..even TSW had theres up..although there was a time delay on some items..has for the credit card stuff..it should be on a seperate secure server..what gets me is if they can make the credit card shit so secure why cant they use that stuff for account info..tbh i aint got a fuckin clue how it works ...great game though..gt feel for the guys gettin hacked or being billed 3 times for gems.personally i dont purchase out of these cash shops,never have,never will.

Yeah I assumed that the AH would work, but then I heard it's across the whole game and not just your home server, so that must have been a lot more hammering on the AH system than anyone anticipated. They should have tested it properly, like everything else, but it makes more sense that it's not working since it's across the game and not just your server like in almost every other mmorpg. If it would be just on your own server I bet it would work. Or maybe it's the conspiracy afterall, who knows, UFO's and shit, cant prove they dont exist so.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    I haven't been able to log in all day nor this evening.  Keeps referencing an email unlock, but never sends the damn thing.

Well it's all well and good to avoid user conflict etc., but what about technical support?  Where are we supposed to go for that? It seems to me they just need to hire some temps.

Good point on the technical support part, didnt even think about it since I've never had the need for it. Maybe they're just lazy afterall.

First of all, you dont think that's possible what I said? Really not even a small chance? That the standard AH is under a shitton of more load and on a different hardware?

You give me one example of any other MMO that didnt have a AH or a forum in the 1st week. Its not acceptable in this day and age to release a game not finished. I understand the fanbois can try and brush these under the table, but in a month when everyone starts to realize there is no endgame or what they do have is broken the $#$@ will hit the fan.
  • aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

This ^.

It really is looking like they just don't have a good support pipeline setup for this game. And yes, they probably need to work on getting some temps asap. Otherwise the CS people that they do have are going to get burnt out and cranky (if they aren't already), trying to fight such an uphill battle. It's really not fair to the CS they already have.

- That said, I'm glad the OP posted the link. If anyone hasn't checked it out yet, you may want to make sure that any tickets you've submitted are submitted how they seem to want them. I submitted a ticket a couple days ago, but sadly it's not labelled in exactly the way they are prioritizing them. So, I created a new one, and now get to wait 2 more days! to get a response. Joy.