Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PvP mobility get's DESTROYED by Swifty!

ClawzonClawzon Member UncommonPosts: 188

About 11:00 into the video it is all clear... the mobility gets destroyed pretty much by Swifty!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loRN9dNkKgw

When he turns he goes like this image   Epic!

:)

Comments

• IneveraskforthisIneveraskforthis Member Posts: 374

lol

one of the most unintentional hilarious reaction ever.

Dude play too much wow.

• yaoming36yaoming36 Member UncommonPosts: 189

A) I don't understand the point of this video/post.

B) Who is he?

C) What do you mean by "DESTROYED"?

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

GW2 took a more realistic approach to movement and WoW kiddies are not happy with it.

I would love for him to strafe left and right without a pause in real life. Would be an amazing feat of athleticism.

• KrytycalKrytycal Member Posts: 520

I would love for him to strafe left and right without a pause in real life. Would be an amazing feat of athleticism.

Conjuring fireballs in real life would be even more amazing.

• ClawzonClawzon Member UncommonPosts: 188
    Originally posted by heartless

GW2 took a more realistic approach to movement and WoW kiddies are not happy with it.

So, if I get your point of view stratight here....; That game you're mentioning are and will be for kids only and that your game will contain adults only? I'm reading you correctly?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

italic; wow

bold/underlined; gw2

:)

• EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Swifty is an idiot.
  • RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

I dont really care about the pause, but one of the things I said a while back is that the character doesnt have the correct weight and I stand by that statement, not for realism but for the general feel of the chracter movement in my opinion. They need to add a bit more weight to the animations, there is also still some slight character gliding left, but hopefully they will polish this at some point.

It makes me chuckle a little bit when people use the word "realistic" to describe anything in a fantasy game, because you know that is how realistically a humanoid like plant would move, right?

Looking through your post history I am not entirely surprised by this response tho. 

On topic tho, I dont really get what this topic is about, the guy doesnt like the little pause when he turns? How did he destroy anything?

Originally posted by Clawzon

So, if I get your point of view stratight here....; That game you're mentioning are and will be for kids only and that your game will contain adults only? I'm reading you correctly?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

italic; wow

bold/underlined; gw2

No. I actually like WoW and do play it on and off. The term "WoW kiddies" apply to people like the person in that video, for obvious reasons.

• GamerUntouchGamerUntouch Member Posts: 488
    It's the same thing as WoW, just the animations are different.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Chaging direction takes time.  I don't get the problem.  He says it is bad for PvP but if everyone has the same issue . . I don't see it.  Makes it less twitchy?

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

Originally posted by Raven

I dont really care about the pause, but one of the things I said a while back is that the character doesnt have the correct weight and I stand by that statement, not for realism but for the general feel of the chracter movement in my opinion. They need to add a bit more weight to the animations, there is also still some slight character gliding left, but hopefully they will polish this at some point.

It makes me chuckle a little bit when people use the word "realistic" to describe anything in a fantasy game, because you know that is how realistically a humanoid like plant would move, right?

Looking through your post history I am not entirely surprised by this response tho. 

On topic tho, I dont really get what this topic is about, the guy doesnt like the little pause when he turns? How did he destroy anything?

Whatever way they move, no animal or human can strafe left and right without a slight pause.

• GamerUntouchGamerUntouch Member Posts: 488
    Originally posted by Aethaeryn
    Chaging direction takes time.  I don't get the problem.  He says it is bad for PvP but if everyone has the same issue . . I don't see it.  Makes it less twitchy?

It doesn't take time, unless you're keyboard turning, which really if you're PvPing while keyboard turning you shouldn't be talking about anything.

• k-damagek-damage Member CommonPosts: 738
    Originally posted by iamjason1989

Dude play too much wow.

This. Making such a fuss about such a detail, AND instantly mentionning how penalizing in PvP it would be ... without having actually played the currently tested game's PvP .. is sad.

***** Before hitting that reply button, please READ the WHOLE thread you're about to post in *****

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

There is a problem with mouse turning. When you hold the right button, then slide you mouse right or left sometimes you will not turn. It's sparadic and deadly apparent in pvp.

Wait till official severs come up. It's the biggest problem facing this game in becoming an Esport.  It's not so bad when just messing around in hot join or Wpvp, but in serious play for awards and titles, being killed because of sluggish/non repsonsive mosue movement is a "no go."

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • k-damagek-damage Member CommonPosts: 738
    Originally posted by bcbully

There is a problem with mouse turning. When you hold the right button, then slide you mouse right or left sometimes you will not turn. It's sparadic and deadly apparent in pvp.

Never had this problem, for the 50+ hours of play I got.. wouldn't it come from your mouse ?

***** Before hitting that reply button, please READ the WHOLE thread you're about to post in *****

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by k-damage

Never had this problem, for the 50+ hours of play I got.. wouldn't it come from your mouse ?

Yeah I've played constantly too. Try right clicking then slide you mouse left and right real fast (like in pvp) it will eventually skip.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • KrytycalKrytycal Member Posts: 520
    Originally posted by k-damage

Yeah I've played constantly too. Try right clicking then slide you mouse left and right real fast (like in pvp) it will eventually skip.

I know what you're referring to, and I think it has more to do with the terrible camera (it's still terrible even after you adjust the speed) rather than the actual movement.