Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welp back to WoW....

Comments

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    I reckon the OP was going back to wow regardless of how guild wars 2 was.
  • thanoskkkthanoskkk Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Originally posted by Istavaan
    I reckon the OP was going back to wow regardless of how guild wars 2 was.

This. Holidays are over guys, pandas are coming so head back to where you belong now and leave the rest of us enjoy the poor end game gw2 has to offer..

He that lives upon Hope dies farting.

• SeunlauSeunlau Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Originally posted by Karteli

Well if you are down with a good old fashioned raping of your wallet, there is an alternative to WoW and pandas.

I hear SWTOR is releasing content on a monthly basis (coming soon).  They have about as much to offer as WoW.. I heard it from the EA forum shills.  They even have pets!

Gotta Catch 'Em All!...

Oh really? 10 bucks a month? So its better to pay 60 bucks for a pile of **** GW2 (Feels good to say finally) ?

Ehmmm 60 bucks for WoW = 5 months Sub = New patch = Worth it?? Hallo am I the only one here ????

P.S I am having so much fun seeing this forum lately, I kinda should have saved those Hyped and "Inspirational" GW2 Topics and extracting them, so I could post them here :) Would be epic wouldnt it..

Words cant describe it...Its like telling a donkey beforehead "You are a donkey, get over it" and the donkey is like "No I am going to be EPIC, transforming to a Dragon soon just wait and see"

hahahah (L) all these people PURE Entertainment at ITS Finest.

• EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Originally posted by Seunlau
    Originally posted by Karteli

Well if you are down with a good old fashioned raping of your wallet, there is an alternative to WoW and pandas.

I hear SWTOR is releasing content on a monthly basis (coming soon).  They have about as much to offer as WoW.. I heard it from the EA forum shills.  They even have pets!

Gotta Catch 'Em All!...

Oh really? 10 bucks a month? So its better to pay 60 bucks for a pile of **** GW2 (Feels good to say finally) ?

Ehmmm 60 bucks for WoW = 5 months Sub = New patch = Worth it?? Hallo am I the only one here ????

P.S I am having so much fun seeing this forum lately, I kinda should have saved those Hyped and "Inspirational" GW2 Topics and extracting them, so I could post them here :) Would be epic wouldnt it..

Words cant describe it...Its like telling a donkey beforehead "You are a donkey, get over it" and the donkey is like "No I am going to be EPIC, transforming to a Dragon soon just wait and see"

hahahah (L) all these people PURE Entertainment at ITS Finest.

Guild Wars 2 a fail? I think that is in your head.

• kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455
    I dont understand how can u refund a game. U hit max level and now u want your money back. Its the same thing with few guys here thet were playing diablo 3 more then 100h and then asked for refund. There is a word for ppl like u:
    Asshole
  • noseforautonoseforauto Member Posts: 46

Originally posted by kostoslav I dont understand how can u refund a game. U hit max level and now u want your money back. Its the same thing with few guys here thet were playing diablo 3 more then 100h and then asked for refund. There is a word for ppl like u: Asshole

For starters, this game does not take 100 hours to beat. I hit 80 in under 70 hours. Not only am I getting my money back, but I'm also suing them. I got really dehydrated while I was playing and I had to go to the hospital, so I'm going to get them to cover my bill. Who knows, maybe they'll settle for a million, then I can just make a better game. Who's the asshole now?

• zimboy69zimboy69 Member UncommonPosts: 395
    im wondering what he will play after 1 day of MOP  when he is at  max level

• igsmitherigsmither Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Originally posted by noseforauto

Originally posted by kostoslav I dont understand how can u refund a game. U hit max level and now u want your money back. Its the same thing with few guys here thet were playing diablo 3 more then 100h and then asked for refund. There is a word for ppl like u: Asshole

For starters, this game does not take 100 hours to beat. I hit 80 in under 70 hours. Not only am I getting my money back, but I'm also suing them. I got really dehydrated while I was playing and I had to go to the hospital, so I'm going to get them to cover my bill. Who knows, maybe they'll settle for a million, then I can just make a better game. Who's the asshole now?

OMG!! this is the funniest thing I have read in a long time image

(you can't be serious)

• Method01Method01 Member UncommonPosts: 128

So, I got to 80 in GW2, dinked around in WvW, did some sPvP, and I think I'm done. Chasing achievements doesn't do it for me, and despite what people say, there is a grind at the end of GW2; you just don't get much out of it. I only imagine there will be many more people like me in the coming months. It seems like lack of endgame might hurt them after all. Who woulda thought?

It's the same in all mmo's. ppl rush trough the game and complains when they reach the endgame. 

Rushing trough gw2, makes it kinda clear to me, that you don't know anything about what gw2 is about. The game is really nothing for you, so i understand why you quit playing it. Guess WoW would fit more of your type of gameplay. 

I really don't get it.. Getting lvl 80 in the same week as the game was released... Why?

• sargey123sargey123 Member UncommonPosts: 102

Seriusly ? I think ArenaNet would offer you to go to  psychiatric hospital for free then ;)

they will add a note.. he was talking about moving Pandas with wands and stuff Pandas riding on dragon he sees them everyday.. we didnt knew GW2 would affect him so much that he would think MoP was real ... no shit ! PANDALAND !

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

Blizzard isn't stupid, and they are going to adapt as the genre changes.

This is not true and why I quit WoW, because after all these years it's still the same game with nothing new except maps and textures every expansion set. Last time WoW advanced was in TBC when it went to normals->hc's->raids style of play, and that's where it is today.

The open world, the core of mmorpg world is irrelevant in WoW as always, only purpose for it is to level up. This is why I dont like the game anymore since you are only supposed to sit in an isolated instance with your guild. That's not a mmorpg, that's a lobby game. Nothing wrong with that, not at all, I'm just saying that I want to play an actual mmorpg with open world that has some relevance and content in it, and GW2 has that.

Sitting all day long in instances or standing idle in major cities waiting for an instance to pop up is kinda not a massively multiplayer rpg, not saying it's bad, just not really a mmorpg. It's perfectly fine if you want that, I how ever have been waiting for a mmorpg for long time, where I have a huge open world to conquer with stuff to do, and GW2 is filling that game spot finally and does pretty well so far.

• Method01Method01 Member UncommonPosts: 128

Im out of words.. Im actually starting to feel a little sorry for you. You really don't know better, do you?

• FarandirFarandir Member UncommonPosts: 111

HAHAHAHAHAHA! /facepalm

• KonyakZeroKonyakZero Member CommonPosts: 48

Wait a minute, you pointed out it's the same as WoW...

So why would you go back to WoW when you have to pay monthly fees for that game but not for GW2? Makes no sense. Someone needs to think before they post.

• JayarisJayaris Member Posts: 308
    Originally posted by Urko

Enjoy the bamboo , and dont let the door hit yer ass on the way out.

You are at top level in less than a week , you probably didnt sea tenth of what the game has to offer.

Chasing achievements didnt do it for me either and that all i found to be available in WoW or PvP , which was a pile of garbage when i left a year/half ago.

[mod edit]

I'm level 57 at the moment, I've played about sixty hours. The games really left me with an Elder Scrolls feeling, that is to say I enjoy it going through it the first time, but I'm coming to the point where I just can't see the point in it anymore. 

I wish I could actually tolerate WoW, so I had something to go back to. 

Hi

• KremlikKremlik Member UncommonPosts: 716
    I just get the feeling the OP is the kind of person that expects a refund for completing single player titles too...

Bring on the WARRRRGGHH!

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Ignoring the obvious satire here, you don't "beat" an MMO when you hit max level, even GW2.  The reason I address that part is because some people actually believe it.

• stayBlindstayBlind Member UncommonPosts: 512

Originally posted by SkullyWoods I also suspect there will be more people like you. That being people who rush through the game without taking the time to enjoy the experience. If you swallow a strawberry in one gulp, you'll never know how sweet it is...and you'll probably choke to death. My guess is that for some reason you feel that the best stuff is always in the "end-game" so you rush to get there all the time. Anybody could have told you that gw2 is not that type of game, and this point has been made clear many a time.  Anyway, you seem very much like the WoW type, perhaps you should stick to that game for the rest of the duration of your gaming life instead of learning to enjoy new experiences. 

GW2 is totally a "rush to the end" type of game. It's pretty much the same as WoW. All you do is busy work for NPCs until you hit max. The only difference is that GW2 stops there. The DEs are quite overrated. Admittedly, they are better than regular quests, but not so much better that it makes it worth it, considering how much harder they are to make, and how much longer they take. It's going to be a long, long time before you see any more content for that game. GW2 still has the carrot that you chase, it's just not a very good one. You get gear that doesn't make you any better, but you're still supposed to grind for it. It's funny how people have delusioned themselves into thinking that it's totally different.

So basically its just like GW1 (which I played for 2.5 years)?

Sounds good to me.

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

• JayarisJayaris Member Posts: 308
    Originally posted by Kremlik
    I just get the feeling the OP is the kind of person that expects a refund for completing single player titles too...

Seems a strange conclusion to draw, given the massive differences between an MMORPG and a Single-player one.

Hi

• ThraliaThralia Member Posts: 219
    Originally posted by Urko

Enjoy the bamboo , and dont let the door hit yer ass on the way out.

You are at top level in less than a week , you probably didnt sea tenth of what the game has to offer.

Chasing achievements didnt do it for me either and that all i found to be available in WoW or PvP , which was a pile of garbage when i left a year/half ago.

[mod edit]

he is max lvl. he seen it ALL obviously. let him play the better game dude. dont hate him for choosing the better game again.

• TyvolusNextTyvolusNext Member Posts: 192

So, I got to 80 in GW2, dinked around in WvW, did some sPvP, and I think I'm done. Chasing achievements doesn't do it for me, and despite what people say, there is a grind at the end of GW2; you just don't get much out of it. I only imagine there will be many more people like me in the coming months. It seems like lack of endgame might hurt them after all. Who woulda thought?

you will grow out of that wow funk one day.  just like the 5 year old who stops playing with his Legos, it will happen.  might take a while, but...ya.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Well, at least I was smart enough to get out while I could still get a refund. I just feel sorry for the people that are going to realize it too late. Blizzard isn't stupid, and they are going to adapt as the genre changes. That's why they've managed to stay on top, and will continue to. They already smashed GW1, and they're going to do the same to GW2. It's funny how WoW is going to outlast both of them, despite there being a 7-year gap in their releases. LOL

As far as I'm concerned, you didn't even PLAY GW2.  Rushing to end game you miss a great deal of content, so you're one of the people I would pay no mind to when they're rambling about the game.  I have more interest in the "ramblings" of people who actually took the time to play it.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

deleted

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• sugar4freesugar4free Member Posts: 26

to the thread OP:

mate, you go back to WoW ? Your choice, I just don't get it why to let it know to the forums... for notoriety ? :D

Anyways, have fun ^^

• Cosmonaut79Cosmonaut79 Member UncommonPosts: 175

So, I got to 80 in GW2,

Right there I stopped.  You are not the target audience.  This game isn't about "getting" to level 80.  It's about enjoying the game as you level.