Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soo.. how many of you with 60fps?

Comments

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

I'm calling Shennanigans on this one.

I have an older PC too. In fact I built it in 2008. Except for an upgraded GPU and 2G more RAM, it's the same PC from then. Intel Core2 Duo 2.66 OC'd to 3.5, 4GB RAM (WinXP32Bit), HD6850 GPU (upgraded from the original 8800GTS), I just went in and turned my settings on Best Appearance, and then went and roamed around and faught a few mobs and averaged 40 FPS.

Go buy a better GPU. If you can afford GW2, you can afford the GPU.

• Masa1Masa1 Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Originally posted by vort3x
    Originally posted by Zyllos

i7 3820

Radeon HD 7970

16gigs of DDR3 memory

I run at 1440x900 @ 75hz (vsync on) and I usually get around 40 and up with it being an average of 60.

I run all settings max except for reflections off, shadows set to low or medium, and FXAA off. I am really surprised I do not just always get 75 FPS due to the hardware I have.

You should indeed get much more. I play on highest possible settings with same results as you (my average could even be higher than 60), with a much weaker PC:

processor: AMD 1055T

GPU: radeon 6850

4GB of memory

The thing is, it doesn't matter how settings are. I didn't notice any difference when i switched from mid to lowest settings.

Originally posted by Reklaw
    Originally posted by Masa1                 

In the end I trusted fanboys, ArenaNet and NCSoft and THIS IS WHAT I GET. A SHIT DAMN UGLY GAME WHICH IS BARELY UPDATING THE SCREEN WITH IT'S VOMIT GRAPHICS HECK EVEN WOW HAS BETTER! OH MY GOD IT'S SO UGLY!

It's to bad you are new to gaming online.

Often most people who can play games at high settings is what I would consider GAMERS, we gamers know we need to upgrade our systems unfortunaly to often, we know tech will keep pushing us to get new hardware.

We know older games will run allot better then newely released games.

So who's to blame, well it's very obviosuly you yourself.

Minimum System Requirements*

* Due to potential changes, system requirements may change over time, and you may be required to upgrade your current system (or obtain a new system) to continue to play the game.

• Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or better
    • Intel® Core™ 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3, AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 or better
    • 2 GB RAM
    • NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800, ATI Radeon™ X1800, Intel HD 3000 or better (256MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better)
    • 25 GB available HDD space
    • Broadband Internet connection
    • Keyboard and mouse

https://buy.guildwars2.com/en/

Sorry didn't mean to sound too harsh but you might want to consider updating (if possible) your system. Since the game is very pretty on the eye's you just miss out allot on how the game actually looks.

But then again I am more of a graphics whore, I mean if I have to look at something on my screen it better be looking good, graphics should be equel to it's gameplay. Being a gamer for lets say 35 years out of 40 I already had my share of gameplay over graphic games and don't feel that is needed anymore.

And? My PC meets those minimum requirements and yet it's barely playable.

• itsbigmikeitsbigmike Member Posts: 86

I have latest drivers, I doubt that updating BIOS is going to help.

The fact is, the performance of this game is horrible. The engine which supports the whole game blows quite simply. Programmers who made it only cared about getting it to work, there wasn't enough effort and/or time to get it to work well. It could probably use at least 200 manhours of optimization and even then it would just barely run with 40 fps on my PC.

They wanted money fast so they released the game. They milked customers out of their money already so there's no more need to please those who bought the game, but can't run it well enough. GW2 is finished. At least for those with not super computers.

twitch.tv/boonmackle

Originally posted by GeezerGamer

I'm calling Shennanigans on this one.

I have an older PC too. In fact I built it in 2008. Except for an upgraded GPU and 2G more RAM, it's the same PC from then. Intel Core2 Duo 2.66 OC'd to 3.5, 4GB RAM (WinXP32Bit), HD6850 GPU (upgraded from the original 8800GTS), I just went in and turned my settings on Best Appearance, and then went and roamed around and faught a few mobs and averaged 40 FPS.

Go buy a better GPU. If you can afford GW2, you can afford the GPU.

Very bad advice. The game is obviously CPU bound and my current GPU can handle GW2 just fine. Not even close to 100% usage for GPU.

The fact is, the performance of this game is horrible. The engine which supports the whole game blows quite simply. Programmers who made it only cared about getting it to work, there wasn't enough effort and/or time to get it to work well. It could probably use at least 200 manhours of optimization and even then it would just barely run with 40 fps on my PC.

They wanted money fast so they released the game. They milked customers out of their money already so there's no more need to please those who bought the game, but can't run it well enough. GW2 is finished. At least for those with not super computers.

The fact that you can play the game with a video card 4 generations old and only 3gb ram (ddr2 at that) should leave you relieved.  Is GW2 optimized for an extremely old setup? No, but it runs really really well on my mediocre setup.

Maybe you can youtube some Low vs High videos of the game then realize its time to upgrade your dinosaur

twitch.tv/boonmackle

• dbgagerdbgager Member UncommonPosts: 175
    I have a gtx 550 ti running the new beta NVidia drivers and I am running 30-75 fps. Never hardly see it below about 31-32. Thos enew drivers make a world of difference.
  • OUT51D3ROUT51D3R Member UncommonPosts: 8

I run everything on high, 1920x1080 resolution.  I'm generally getting 60fps(vsync on), with the occasional dip down to 45.

I play on a gaming rig I built two years ago:

I5 2.8ghz overclocked to 4.2ghz.

8 gb ram

60 gb SSD

A pair of Geforce 465s in sli.  Bios unlocked to 470, and overclocked about 20% over stock 470 speed.

OS is a highly stripped down version of Win7 64 bit.

Was having some serious stability issues and some performance issues when I first got the game.  Updated to the nvidia beta 304.79 drivers and everything is smooth now.

Originally posted by itsbigmike

The fact that you can play the game with a video card 4 generations old and only 3gb ram (ddr2 at that) should leave you relieved.  Is GW2 optimized for an extremely old setup? No, but it runs really really well on my mediocre setup.

Maybe you can youtube some Low vs High videos of the game then realize its time to upgrade your dinosaur

I have to suffer just because I don't buy a new PC once every 2 years? Dinosaur? I think not.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    I get 60FPS 90% of the time (max my monitor can punch out ><). That sometimes drops to the 40's when entering the likes of cities where huge amounts of players are loading, but once they have its smooth again.

I have to suffer just because I don't buy a new PC once every 2 years? Dinosaur? I think not.

No you dont man, you can get 8gb ram for ~$40, and your video card is getting severely outdated, misc upgrades every few years is relatively inexpensive and unfortunately necessary. Of the 2 I would bet the 3gb ram is holding you back the most

twitch.tv/boonmackle

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849

Intel core 2 quad q6600 2.4 ghz

3gb ram ddr2 (I think)

Vista 32 bit

6850 Overclocked through the CCC 900/1150

1920 x1080

Everything on high with the exception of Shadows :Med , Post Processing :Low , & Reflections set to none

Game looks incredible at these settings, FPS Is a amazing 50-70 fps out in the world where not many players are around, In Dynamic events with alot going on I can dip as low as the Mid 20's, Divintys Reach i see a steady 30 -33 fps.

I hope this helps anyone with a similiar PC. Overall i am very pleased with the fps i am getting on this rig after playing Tera with their shit optimization. It seems as each day goes on my fps keeps on improving , A-Net is obviously very focused on improving our FPS in game which is great.

• Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• unknown769unknown769 Member Posts: 45

irun minimun 45 to a max of 84 fps,

but of course whit you graphic card you will have that fps

No you dont man, you can get 8gb ram for ~$40, and your video card is getting severely outdated, misc upgrades every few years is relatively inexpensive and unfortunately necessary. Of the 2 I would bet the 3gb ram is holding you back the most

Wrong, wrong and wrong.

GW2 barely uses any memory so what's the point of getting more? If I want faster memory I have to get a new motherboard and more or less everything with it.

GW2 barely uses any GPU so getting a better one seems a bit useless. It's clearly draining my CPU, not GPU.

If I get a new processor, I have to also get a new motherboard and more or less everything with it.

• crazynannycrazynanny Member Posts: 173

Considering that OP doesn't even know his GPU model(4800 is GPU series name) and nobody else having any issues even on quite old PCs - I'd say problem clearly lies between monitor and keyboard. Expecting that wolrld(or in this case game development) will eveolve around him and his clearly dated PC + his raging on forums is quite funny.

Anyways my FPS is solid 60+ on i5 3570, 8GB RAM @ Radeon 7870. Anet made nice game with fluid engine. Everyone who played at least few newer MMORPGs knows that. So either upgrade or don't play.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Wrong, wrong and wrong.

GW2 barely uses any memory so what's the point of getting more? If I want faster memory I have to get a new motherboard and more or less everything with it.

GW2 barely uses any GPU so getting a better one seems a bit useless. It's clearly draining my CPU, not GPU.

If I get a new processor, I have to also get a new motherboard and more or less everything with it.

I did read that AMD CPUs struggled with the game. I forget where. Anyway. Regardless of any advice, correct or incorrect posted in this thread, you got 3 choices.

1. Deal

2. Get hardware

3. Dont play

• rimaxo14rimaxo14 Member Posts: 118
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

EVGA FTW-3 MOBO X58
    EVGA GTX 580
    G.SKILL RIPJAW 12GB
    INTEL I7 950
    CORSAIR H70 CPU COOLER
    CORSAIR 1200W 80+GOLD

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

I stay pinned at 60 fps with vsync on. i can go quite a bit higher with it off, but then I bounce around a bit so i prefer the consistancy of it being on.

i5 3570k

8gb 1600

HD 7850

all stock clocks

edit - 1920 x 1080 with everything on max settings except sampling on native and bloom off.

• TalketzantoTalketzanto Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Originally posted by Mithrandolir

I stay pinned at 60 fps with vsync on. i can go quite a bit higher with it off, but then I bounce around a bit so i prefer the consistancy of it being on.

i5 3570k

8gb 1600

HD 7850

all stock clocks

edit - 1920 x 1080 with everything on max settings except sampling on native and bloom off.

I got same setup accept with 16gb ram....

For some reason as soon as i pvp i start freezing non stop and people are just skipping around me..........yet when im in pve im hitting  120 fps with vsync off......This only started happening 3 days ago

• eAzydamaneAzydaman Member Posts: 218

I'm running on a Quad core Q8200, anyone else using that? I have 60-70 fps out and about PVE'ing with only a few players around. Around 15-30 in Lions arch and a damn slideshow in WvWvW zergs and big DE's. I have the settings on medium and the big FPS droppers turned off(vsync, AA etc).

Funny thing is that I start FPS dropping when I close in on a zerg in WvWvW, i don't even seen any players on my screen but aslong as they close (behind a keep or sum) my FPS drops way down, around 5-10. When I leave a zerg I continue on low fps for a couple of minutes, really strange.

Got a small boost from the new beta drivers, maybe 5 fps.

Complete specs:

Q8200 2,37ghz

6 gig ram

GTX 460

• eAzydamaneAzydaman Member Posts: 218
    Originally posted by tomr0897
    I2500K   580gtx   84 fps

I2500K seems to be the best processor for this game, everyone I know with that CPU runs the game like a charm on highest settings, shame I need a new motherboard for that one.

• bobbymobobbymo Member UncommonPosts: 48

Main pc - HIS HD5770 1gb,    AMD X3 (triple core) 3.3ghz  4gb ram 1680x1050 windows 7 64bit

about 40-60 all settings on high, game looks and runs great.

I installed the game on a USB hard drive and tested the performance on a few computers I have or have access to.First one is a core2duo 2.20 ghz, 2gb ram,  8300gs 256mb windows xp 32 bit  1440x900

The game shouldn't play based on the graphics card. That's right, that is a 8300gs, look it up. The game runs with everything on low. Never gets over 20fps but never drops below 10.

Second computer is a P4 3.0ghz HT, 2gb ddr2 667 dual channel ram, hd 4350 512mb pci-e, windows xp 32 bit

The game runs. All settings on low, getting slightly better fps than the first computer. The game does run on a single core processor despite what the system requirements say.

I will try on a third computer tommorow. Athlon xp 3000+, 1.5gb ram, hd4650 agp, windows 32. I doubt the game will run on this but I want to see.

• AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 294
    70+ all the time with a very average setup by today's standards.
  • HunterrorHunterror Member UncommonPosts: 21
    I'm running with Windows 7, intel core i5, 6GB ram, and intel integrated graphics... and I even get 20 FPS. I'm just happy it runs at all.... I really need a new rig
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321

my fps sucks, and lowering resolution to the lowest doesn't change it at all. In fact, I lose 2-3 fps at the lowest resolution. So I keep it at my native resolution (1920x1080). I actually don't gain any FPS on the high performance setting, or if I do it is only 3-4, maybe 5 at most.

Everything on, except reflections are completely turned off. NO other setting gained/lost nearly as much FPS as turning off reflections. I lose around 20 fps with reflections (even if it is just sky/terrain) turned on. About same amount with all reflections on.

I get 30-35 fps outside, 40-50 in interiors. It is playable, but nowhere near 60. I also have the latest Nvidia drivers. And no setting except turning off reflections, gains me any FPS at all...and if it does, its too little to matter. So I just have everything maxed out.

System specs

Geforce 260GTX 896MB

Windows 7 64bit

8gig DDR3 ram

i7 CPU 3.4 GHz

Dunno why the game has so little fps for me. And in some cases, turning down graphics details (like resolution) just makes me lose FPS...

In any case, the game is playable at 30+ FPS. Never drops below that. Though haven't tried world vs world out.

(edit: And 1680x1050, the next res below my native...drops my FPS too. Same amount as all the others lower than my native res. Windowed mode drops my fps by around 5. Windowed fullscreen doesn't drop my fps, but doesn't raise it either)

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul