Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am SICK and TIRED of the "more difficult" crowd

Comments

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by Gravarg
    I miss the days when a game took a year or even more to get to max level.  MMOs are all about the journey, that is why people never like endgame...in any game.

Taking a long time != challenge.

In fact, it is worse .. it is just tedium. If it is about the journey, make it short and fun .. then move on to the next journey.

you clearly dont know what rpj means, there a game for you they are called fps. you click start, you choose your name and gun and you enter the action.

Lets go fast, fast and just fast, dont take the time to look around and see the world so when i die i will tell o i didnt see nothing but hell that was fast.....

• f0dell54f0dell54 Member CommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by Elikal

Seriously, I so HAVE it had with those people always yelling "MORE DIFFICULT" please. Why are the devs always listen to them? I am really pissed. First The Secret World, which I quit because I died 2000 times. And now with GW2 it is the same again. The difficulty was just right in the late beta, but a few people whined with Esports mentality, some 16 year old action zergers asked for more hardcore, and now beyond level 16 both my Mesmer and my Thief are unplayable. I HATE those people. Why must they always cater THEM? While the world is fully crowded you get along, but play on irregular times, and those classes are a DAMN CHORE. And worse, the story instances are nightmares! I even took a friend along, and we died several times, even had to just ignore some instances, because even with two we simply could not do it, and to hell with levelling, because the DAMN GAME levels you down again, no matter.

I am so fed up with developers always listen to this hardcore crowd who ruin every game because they need games to be a dick size contest to PROVE themselves!

Grrrr

Thank you sir, I for one agree with you 100%.

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    Originally posted by f0dell54

Seriously, I so HAVE it had with those people always yelling "MORE DIFFICULT" please. Why are the devs always listen to them? I am really pissed. First The Secret World, which I quit because I died 2000 times. And now with GW2 it is the same again. The difficulty was just right in the late beta, but a few people whined with Esports mentality, some 16 year old action zergers asked for more hardcore, and now beyond level 16 both my Mesmer and my Thief are unplayable. I HATE those people. Why must they always cater THEM? While the world is fully crowded you get along, but play on irregular times, and those classes are a DAMN CHORE. And worse, the story instances are nightmares! I even took a friend along, and we died several times, even had to just ignore some instances, because even with two we simply could not do it, and to hell with levelling, because the DAMN GAME levels you down again, no matter.

I am so fed up with developers always listen to this hardcore crowd who ruin every game because they need games to be a dick size contest to PROVE themselves!

Grrrr

If you aren't being sarcastic, you sir, are the definition of a care bear. Especially with how easy everything is now a days. 

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Silok
    I miss the days when a game took a year or even more to get to max level.  MMOs are all about the journey, that is why people never like endgame...in any game.

In fact, it is worse .. it is just tedium. If it is about the journey, make it short and fun .. then move on to the next journey.

you clearly dont know what rpj means, there a game for you they are called fps. you click start, you choose your name and gun and you enter the action.

Lets go fast, fast and just fast, dont take the time to look around and see the world so when i die i will tell o i didnt see nothing but hell that was fast.....

LOL .. RPG means long and years of leveling? Have you played Diablo, Diablo 2 and 3? Have you played Torchlight? Have you played any SP RPG .. none requires a year of play.

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732

LOL .. RPG means long and years of leveling? Have you played Diablo, Diablo 2 and 3? Have you played Torchlight? Have you played any SP RPG .. none requires a year of play.

Well first, all the game you name are not mmorpg or even mmo. Second when you play a good mmorpg, the journey is not supposed to finsih after 1 month.. hell people still paly dungeon and dragon with pen and paper after what 10 years or more

So again you dont know what rpg mean. The funny part in this is that you probably think that max payne is an rpg cause hey you take the role of max payne and then you shoot everybody and then after 20 hours of playing you finish the game.

• rissiesrissies Member Posts: 161

It can be a pain to die a lot, but it makes finding the correct strategy more rewarding. Personal stories in GW2 can be ridic, especially if you're soloing it, but when I get stuck, I just leave that part alone for a bit and think of a different way to try things. Or I just keep going at it until my armour all breaks and then take a break from it. Even if I don't feel like a genius for not knowing what approach is best right away, it feels good to figure it out in the end. It doesn't feel nearly so good to just spam a macro and steamroll through content.

Certain portions could definitely be tweaked not to be punishing to the point of discouraging further play, but I like it that the game respects me enough to expect more.

• DrachasorDrachasor Member Posts: 2,678

I like having to up my game.  It's nice.  It is especially nice that it feels like going around outside of a group helps hone skills you'll need in harder areas like dungeons.  A lot of MMOs absolutely fail in this area with harder content requiring dramatically different skills.

If a game is easy, then I get bored.  That said, it is usually better if some parts are easier than others.  Stomping on things now and then is fun (though one-shot kills gets old very, very quickly, so I like how GW2 avoids that).  However, I also want hard stuff and having to think on my feet.  GW2 delivers here and that's great.

For what it is worth, regarding GW2, I think it is more about picking up general skills you apply to the whole game than it is about learning the dance routine for each raid boss.  There's a big difference there, and a better feeling of personal progression of skill to me.  Combats also feel better and more realistic when you are planning what to do moment-by-moment with some tactics in your head and maybe a general strategy for a fight...as opposed to having a dance card defining what you do.  The latter sort of difficulty I don't find very engaging.

Though, I can understand that difficulty in general can bother some people.  Well, hopefully there'll be a larger variety of MMOs out there since it looks like GW2 is going to do well.  I am sure some of them will be easier.  It isn't possible for one MMO to be all things for all people, even in terms of difficulty.  So...tough, I guess?

Well first, all the game you name are not mmorpg or even mmo. Second when you play a good mmorpg, the journey is not supposed to finsih after 1 month.. hell people still paly dungeon and dragon with pen and paper after what 10 years or more

Supposed to? You decide that? Genre changes all the time. I do not want to play a 10 year RPG. And i play D3, Torchlight, and some MMOs for a while. Who says i cannot do that?

And Diablo is not a RPG?

Originally posted by madazz
    Originally posted by f0dell54

Grrrr

If you aren't being sarcastic, you sir, are the definition of a care bear. Especially with how easy everything is now a days. 

How elitist. We are talking about GAMES here.

Easy? Have you finished hard mode raiding in WOW without over-gearing it, and before they nerf it? Have you finished hardcore mode Diablo 3 inferno?

THere are lots of games people are complaining about too difficult left and right.

• ValuaValua Member Posts: 520

Grrrr

If theres no challenge in a game it loses fun for the majority of people, clearly you're not part of that crowd.

If you don't the way MMO's are becoming more difficult then I suggest you either stick with WoW (easiest MMO there is) or just stick with single player games where you are actually the hero that you want to be.

The Secret World's difficultly level is what a lot of people like, I know it's the reason I've got an active sub (along with the setting, story and class system.)

I wouldn't say Guild Wars 2 is difficult though, just as easy as other MMO's, granted I'm only level 31 right now, but on a Mesmer which I was told was one of the harder classes to play, and I'm breezing through the game, my only deaths coming from PvP.

• shinkanshinkan Member UncommonPosts: 240

95% of alle games are mede for the "its to hard for me" crowd, so stop complaining

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

Supposed to? You decide that? Genre changes all the time. I do not want to play a 10 year RPG. And i play D3, Torchlight, and some MMOs for a while. Who says i cannot do that?

And Diablo is not a RPG?

Actually, when the original Diablo came out many felt it wasn't a proper RPG when compared to other titles in the genre. They were right IMO. But it still was very fun, regardless.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Valua

Grrrr

If theres no challenge in a game it loses fun for the majority of people, clearly you're not part of that crowd.

If you don't the way MMO's are becoming more difficult then I suggest you either stick with WoW (easiest MMO there is) or just stick with single player games where you are actually the hero that you want to be.

The Secret World's difficultly level is what a lot of people like, I know it's the reason I've got an active sub (along with the setting, story and class system.)

I wouldn't say Guild Wars 2 is difficult though, just as easy as other MMO's, granted I'm only level 31 right now, but on a Mesmer which I was told was one of the harder classes to play, and I'm breezing through the game, my only deaths coming from PvP.

There *is* challenge in current games. The point is that some are TOO difficult. People are blinded. Too much challenge is also not conducive to fun. You need the RIGHT AMOUNT.

Just take D3 inferno mode .. it is too difficult and Blizz has to nerf it several times. Also hard mode WOW raids are nerfed.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    I find it boring when you can just rip right through the mobs, tera at least had good combat so it kept your interest a little longer.  SWTOR had the Story line and voce overs, same with TSW, but most games are an easy grind and are so tedious
  • gaugemewgaugemew Member Posts: 158
    Originally posted by shinkan

95% of alle games are mede for the "its to hard for me" crowd, so stop complaining

source?

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    Originally posted by Valua

Grrrr

Yea , WOW, EQ2, these are the games you should be playing

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Two sidenotes.

First, people may not like what I say. That is the right of everyone. But irony or sarcasm or pretending is not what I do. What you see is what I think and feel. I came to understand humans like to pretend, for whatever reason. I may not say all I think, but you can count that what I say is what I honestly feel. Like it or not. I don't even fully understand what you mean by "trolling". I assume it means lying for some presumed entertainment. Though I do not understand why someone would do that. *shrug*

Second, the overland mobs may be managable. But I can tell you at least a lot of story instances I experienced beyond ~ level 15 are VERY hard to solo. Let me just tell one example. My Sylvari Mesmer was in some of the Rat-men's cave for a mirror. I was with 4 bots and 3 NPCs fighting at my side and then some enemy mobs attacked us. ALL 7 supporters were dead within three seconds! They lay in the middle of the enemy mob, where I could not even rezz them. When I tried to lure out one mob, usually ALL of them attacked me so fast, I died before I even could kill ONE of them alone. On top, the few time a single mob WAS coming alone, I could not lure him, because he walked back and resetted. I played that later with a friend and even as duo we wiped 5 times before we finally killed all. And trust me, I played *literally* almost EVERY MMO the last 8 years. So while I am surely not an expert, I think I can claim to have average experience with MMOs.

And for the open world, it is like with the Rifts: if you play now with 30 people in your vincinity, it's nice and jolly. But in half a year with super fast respawn and danger people will sing a different tune, when you have to fight for every inch, wading through mobs.

So you demand special rights for hardcore players? Of course it stings and angers the hardcore fans, that others want to be heard equal. Such is the nature of things that they yell and demand a game is catered only for them. It is not surprising, but in a very immature way self-centered. I think a MMO should cater for many different playstyles and difficulty levels. We have over 10 years of MMO history, I THINK MMOs should be able to manage that by now. The world does not revolve around you hardcore players who usually go to forums, you know.

Also, is a game not a product? And is a developer not offering a service? So why must *I* adapt to the developer? When I buy a product, is it not my right to say my wishes and speak of my experiences? Is not customer service usually and rightfully highly esteemed in America? (Alas, much unlike here in Germany, were customers are often treated like servants...) I do not understand why you put this idea upside down and demand I must adapt to the game, the product I have paid for. If a company produces, say, T-Shirts, it creates many sized from S to XXL. If I do not find a fitting size because the company only creates S, is it NOT justified to say "hey, I love your t-shirts, but can you please make it in L for me and people like me?" What is so difficult to grasp about that? Like difficulty settings or difficulty servers.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    Play swtor if you want something less difficult.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• SunscourSunscour Member UncommonPosts: 186

I like games that feature different levels of difficulty.

I will have to admit that I do like games that are easier. I am not a great player and lets face it I am kinda lazy.

I guess I prefer games that start easy at the lower levels and by the time I get to a higher level I have figured out what I am doing.

Life is Short, Read a Book.

• DrachasorDrachasor Member Posts: 2,678

Also, is a game not a product? And is a developer not offering a service? So why must *I* adapt to the developer? When I buy a product, is it not my right to say my wishes and speak of my experiences? Is not customer service usually and rightfully highly esteemed in America? (Alas, much unlike here in Germany, were customers are often treated like servants...) I do not understand why you put this idea upside down and demand I must adapt to the game, the product I have paid for. If a company produces, say, T-Shirts, it creates many sized from S to XXL. If I do not find a fitting size because the company only creates S, is it NOT justified to say "hey, I love your t-shirts, but can you please make it in L for me and people like me?" What is so difficult to grasp about that? Like difficulty settings or difficulty servers.

No game can satisfy everyone.  So if a game doesn't cater to your desires...well, sometimes that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

Edit:  Also, there's a big difference between hardcore players and players who like difficulty.  There's an overlap between the two groups, but they certainly aren't identical.  Casuals can like difficult content.

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517

[mod edit]  Most games have been getting dumbed down with each new release.

Most games now made for people to blitz through to endgame.  The training wheels are on.

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

I got wiped a few times in the story as a completely squishy Elementalist with a pure power/crit set up. But then I set the toon up for combo/support pvp so getting binned a few times in story pve is no biggie. Generally the open world (although I am loathe to call it that) content is very, very easy (thus far).

As an aside, for me it was a bit of a "meh" moment when I realised that getting wiped in an instance allowed you to simply carry on with all the mobs you killed still dead.

Most mmorpgs are not punishing for those that fail, most do not have a high entry skill level required. So I am not sure how the "more difficult crowd" can be seen to be getting their way.

As an aside, I see some people seem to be directly comparing mmorpgs with non sub, non community based, non (supposed) long life games...really? No wonder the genre has been going down the pan if people only want 4 weeks out of a title before moving onto the next one.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by bunnyhopper

I got wiped a few times in the story as a completely squishy Elementalist with a pure power/crit set up. But then I set the toon up for combo/support pvp so getting binned a few times in story pve is no biggie. Generally the open world (although I am loathe to call it that) content is very, very easy (thus far).

As an aside, for me it was a bit of a "meh" moment when I realised that getting wiped in an instance allowed you to simply carry on with all the mobs you killed still dead.

Most mmorpgs are not punishing for those that fail, most do not have a high entry skill level required. So I am not sure how the "more difficult crowd" can be seen to be getting their way.

As an aside, I see some people seem to be directly comparing mmorpgs with non sub, non community based, non (supposed) long life games...really? No wonder the genre has been going down the pan if people only want 4 weeks out of a title before moving onto the next one.

The "funny" thing with my Mesmer was, I had NO difficulty with my Mesmer in PVP. On the contrary, even though I am a sucker at PVP, I won usually 3 out of 5 sPVP matches and fared very well in WvW. The point is: human players easily attack a clone. For some mysterious reason mobs however 80% of the time find out directly who the real player is and attack me within moments.

Sense, this makes none.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751
    Originally posted by bunnyhopper

The "funny" thing with my Mesmer was, I had NO difficulty with my Mesmer in PVP. On the contrary, even though I am a sucker at PVP, I won usually 3 out of 5 sPVP matches and fared very well in WvW. The point is: human players easily attack a clone. For some mysterious reason mobs however 80% of the time find out directly who the real player is and attack me within moments.

Sense, this makes none.

Get that kind of crap (AI ignoring pets, seeing through stealth, ignoring clones) in pretty much every game to be fair to some extent or another.

Are you mainly getting trouble in "story mode"?

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• Darkahn21Darkahn21 Member Posts: 20
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

*snip*

Now this I can understand.  I really wish the story instances could be shared because it would be more fun for me and my son.  He's having a hard tiime with a few and I can't go in an help him.

I really wish people could choose how they want to approach isntanced content.  If I'm grouped up with my friends or family we don't want to split up solo to accomplish content.  If I'm solo I don't want to stop just because it is supposed to be group only.  For instances the game should adjust to party size automatically and players should be able to choose their difficulty level.

I've also experienced some crazy repop timers, but I don't hold that against them.  Those sorts of tweaks take time.  I would recommend reporting crazy fast respawns if you think they're game breaking.

Overall I think you should consider what I and a few others recommended and that is that mez and thief might not be very strong solo classes or fit your solo style of play.  I haven't played them yet, but so far I'm having pretty good luck with both ranger and ele for how I like to play.  Try a couple other classes.  It's just time.

You can go in and help your son! As long as you are partied together and in the same map (or overflow) then when he goes to enter the instance it will ask you if you would like to join.

To the OP, I'ma  lvl 30 thief, don't find soloing difficult. I use plenty of traps and blinds to help manage the mobs. I think the difficulty is at a nice level. Any easier and it would just get boring and take no skill to do.