Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Torchlight 2: TORCHLIGHT II Release Date Sept. 20th

garrettgarrett MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 284

Torchlight II will launch as a digital download from Steam, Runic Games, Perfect World GamersGate, GameFly, and GameStop on September 20, 2012.

Runic Games’ CEO, Max Schaefer comments, “We worked incredibly hard to make sure we could release Torchlight II before Summer’s official end. Development will continue right up until we ship, and we couldn’t be happier to be putting the finishing touches on a great game. We want to get it to the fans as quickly as possible. Honestly, we can’t wait.”

Torchlight II was announced in August 2010, as the sequel to Runic Games’ debut Torchlight. The sequel features an expansive overworld, four new classes, and multiplayer games via LAN or Internet, providing a much larger world, a deeper gameplay experience, and hours of replayability.

:p 

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Guess its time to preorder.
  • SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732

At last.. funny enought tough that they said they launch the game for summer but still the launch it 2 days before fall ehehe. oo yeah it's still in summer.

Joke apart im glad

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188
    Goodbye Diablo 3 and hello Torchlight II! 

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I actually didn't realise it wasn't common knowledge the game was releasing on the 20th until my steam decided to not show me that anymore. When I pre ordered torchlight 2 and I highlighted it on my game list it said available september 20th. That was late july when it was telling me this. Then it dissapeared one day, now maybe I should have released my screen shots or something earlier. Hmm.
  • RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238
    Originally posted by Silok

At last.. funny enought tough that they said they launch the game for summer but still the launch it 2 days before fall ehehe. oo yeah it's still in summer.

Joke apart im glad

I remember when they promised it would launch before last Christmas. They're almost a year late...

Nice that we finally have a date though. Sadly, I will not be buying at release because Borderlands 2 comes out 2 days prior. Ah well, maybe Steam will put it on sale around the holiday.

• gizmovisiongizmovision Member UncommonPosts: 16
    coolio! I love playing Torchlight I got with the pre-order of Torchlight 2. My brother showed me the game, somehow I missed it the first time around. I can't wait. I'll uninstall D3 for room on the SSD.
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Nice , I bought this game ages ago, I can finally play it.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

Originally posted by Rednecksith

Joke apart im glad

I remember when they promised it would launch before last Christmas. They're almost a year late...

Nice that we finally have a date though. Sadly, I will not be buying at release because Borderlands 2 comes out 2 days prior. Ah well, maybe Steam will put it on sale around the holiday.

bah at 20$ for me it is already on sale.

• SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531

Joke apart im glad

Hard to tell if that's a troll or something , "Maybe Steam will put it on sale around the holiday"? Grab 3 friends , buy the 4 pack for 60$ which comes 15$ each (Which I did with my friends).  TL2 and BL2 aren't even in the same category of game play , so I fail to see any logic.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Guild Wars 2, Borderlands 2, Torchlight 2...

Too much to play.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • JoreelJoreel Member UncommonPosts: 148
    So many games and so little time to play them all. TL2 is at the top of my list of games to play. I've seen the vids of BL2 and it doesn't look that impressive at all, so it's a game to pass on...
  • EcocesEcoces Member UncommonPosts: 879
    well was excited for this game too bad they decided to wait so long to release it, now with GW2 consuming my life I will wait till its on steam sale.
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Borderlands 2 is going to be sweet but from what I've seen it looks too similar to BL1. Anyways I am quite happy playing Diablo 3 at the moment but I will play TL2 too (which I already have...) and BL2!

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

Originally posted by SuprGamerX

Joke apart im glad

Hard to tell if that's a troll or something , "Maybe Steam will put it on sale around the holiday"? Grab 3 friends , buy the 4 pack for 60$ which comes 15$ each (Which I did with my friends).  TL2 and BL2 aren't even in the same category of game play , so I fail to see any logic.

huh what? troll... Why a troll?

The game is 20$ on steam now and they give you the first one so for me this is a sale.

Seriously troll?

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    Loot loot and more loot.. let the torchlight team show blizz how you make these game in this generation.. Blizz and there silly loot algorithm, plus always Online thingy can go die a quick death..
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by fivoroth
    Borderlands 2 is going to be sweet but from what I've seen it looks too similar to BL1. Anyways I am quite happy playing Diablo 3 at the moment but I will play TL2 too (which I already have...) and BL2!

I have the impression that borderlands 2 is going to have a ton of DLC. Any idea if that it just rumors or true?  I think I am going to pass on it......

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Hope this game is better than Diablo III.
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

Well for me it is, i played the beta and i like it. D3 is not so bad but i dont like the direction they haved taken.

• JoreelJoreel Member UncommonPosts: 148
    Originally posted by waynejr2

I have the impression that borderlands 2 is going to have a ton of DLC. Any idea if that it just rumors or true?  I think I am going to pass on it......

It's gonna have a craplode of DLC's so that they can milk the cash cow until it's bone dry... just kile every other game triple-A that has come out in the past few years.

• Paradigm68Paradigm68 Member UncommonPosts: 890
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

That won't be too hard. Offline lan party with my friends gonna be sweet.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by Joreel
    Originally posted by waynejr2

It's gonna have a craplode of DLC's so that they can milk the cash cow until it's bone dry... just kile every other game triple-A that has come out in the past few years.

Oh well, I might just pass on this. 

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

I hope this game had something closer to battle.net servers.

Being able to hack the shit out of your toon (easily) is a downer for me.

Well gotta play this one with friends and friends only :j

• sargey123sargey123 Member UncommonPosts: 102
  • expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Bah I'll pick it up when I am done with GW2 and MOP and it's up for $10 on steam.  It's nothing special and does nothing new, only thing going for it is the cheap price and you have to wonder about that.  Quantity sold over Quality?
  • oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855
    Originally posted by expresso
    Bah I'll pick it up when I am done with GW2 and MOP and it's up for $10 on steam.  It's nothing special and does nothing new, only thing going for it is the cheap price and you have to wonder about that.  Quantity sold over Quality?

yeah, the 60 bucks D3 realy was worth the money </ end sarcasm>