Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My friend from other MMOs dont like exploring

CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Seriously he just runs around 100%ing the map and move on to the next.   I mean...Seriously? o.O  I try telling them we should start some dynamic quests and hes like "Ill level too slow!" and stuff and Im just like "WHOA O.o.O" and I became a 3 eyed alien.

Why do people not like exploring n going around the map?

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
( o.o)
(")(")
**This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

Comments

• feena750feena750 Member UncommonPosts: 330
    That is one of the problems I have seen with GW2.  It does become easy to go from point of interest, to heart, to skill point, ect and at that point it becomes too much of a string you along path to me.
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Castillle

Seriously he just runs around 100%ing the map and move on to the next.   I mean...Seriously? o.O  I try telling them we should start some dynamic quests and hes like "Ill level too slow!" and stuff and Im just like "WHOA O.o.O" and I became a 3 eyed alien.

Why do people not like exploring n going around the map?

in fairness,

theres different playstyles people enjoy, im an explorer

• Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360

If he's leveling too slow then just do WvW the whole time you play Guild Wars 2. You'll never level slow again. Then do Dungeons and some Dynamic Events that are bugged and you'll be good to go.

Exploring the map is a slow way to level.

• blastermasterblastermaster Member UncommonPosts: 259

I have a few friends like that also. They are pretty much all the ones that liked being taken by the hand and shown around like in most theme park mmo.  They were a bit lost at first in GW2, then, they quickly associated the various points on the map to what they should aim for. They get 100%, then move along...

I think ArenaNet has made a mistake by putting all the points on the map.

I can understand Hearts were added for such person who need to be pushed in one direction until they find out that going off the road is way more fun. I can also understand why skill points are shown since they are pretty important, ( but IMO they should have made some "hidden" ones too).  But I think they could have hide vistas and POIs and let people find them by exploring (granted now we have to physically go there to unlock them, but when you see them on the map, it takes away a bit of the feeling of discovery).

Anyways, there are still a lot of things to discover (hidden caves, jumping puzzles, rich harvesting nodes,etc.), so I will probably get them converted once I show them a couple of these! ;)

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    Originally posted by Syno23

If he's leveling too slow then just do WvW the whole time you play Guild Wars 2. You'll never level slow again. Then do Dungeons and some Dynamic Events that are bugged and you'll be good to go.

Exploring the map is a slow way to level.

Its not that hes levelling too slow is that he feels that hes levelling too slow because of the lack of quests. Heck if he spent more time moving around, wed be finding/starting dynamic events more but no he just sits there whining "where do we go next for the quests??" and stuff -.-

Its like..He cant level without hearts and he cant be bothered to go around for dynamic events o.O

( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• MaggonMaggon Member UncommonPosts: 360
    Certainly sounds like he has the wrong mindset for GW2 if he wants quests, to progress - if he's to stubborn to actually be able to see things differently, then he's got issues D: (no offence)
  • fundayzfundayz Member Posts: 463
    Originally posted by Castillle

Its not that hes levelling too slow is that he feels that hes levelling too slow because of the lack of quests. Heck if he spent more time moving around, wed be finding/starting dynamic events more but no he just sits there whining "where do we go next for the quests??" and stuff -.-

Its like..He cant level without hearts and he cant be bothered to go around for dynamic events o.O

I don't wanna be insulting but your friend sounds pretty dense... I'm just not a fan of people who need hand-holding and spoon-feeding for everything

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    Originally posted by Maggon
    Certainly sounds like he has the wrong mindset for GW2 if he wants quests, to progress - if he's to stubborn to actually be able to see things differently, then he's got issues D: (no offence)

I tell him that but he just cant seem to think differently for some reason o.O  He must have been conditioned by his past mmo experiences!

( o.o)
    (")(")

• UsulDaNeriakUsulDaNeriak Member Posts: 640
    Levelling too slow is not a valid argument, if levels are meaningless. I wonder why ArenaNet introduced levels at all in this game. Same stupid compromise as they did with these superflous hearts.

played: Everquest I (6 years), EVE (3 years)
    months: EQII, Vanguard, Siedler Online, SWTOR, Guild Wars 2
    weeks: WoW, Shaiya, Darkfall, Florensia, Entropia, Aion, Lotro, Fallen Earth, Uncharted Waters
    days: DDO, RoM, FFXIV, STO, Atlantica, PotBS, Maestia, WAR, AoC, Gods&Heroes, Cultures, RIFT, Forsaken World, Allodds

• MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415
    Originally posted by UsulDaNeriak
    Levelling too slow is not a valid argument, if levels are meaningless. I wonder why ArenaNet introduced levels at all in this game. Same stupid compromise as they did with these superflous hearts.

Becaese the game is like other mmo themeparks in that regard? You know, level gated content from areas, dungeons, personall story, gear, weapons, etc? Levels before max, are not meaningless. Actually, at max level in any game, levels become meaningless because there's no more.

But on topic, OP, it's a play style. What's the problem? If he enjoys playing like that, who are you to say he's been "conditioned by other mmos". How is your play style better?

Don't get me wrong, i'm an explorer and socilizer ALOT more than completing everything on the game, race to cap, etc. I usually don't like these types of players because they tend to be somewhat elitist and arrogant. And if your friend is like this, then i say, forget him. If a person is friendly, that's all i care about.

But if he's a nice guy and simply likes powerleveling for the sake of it, not to then show off or whatever, let him. GW2 as levels, progressions and all the traditonal stuff, so it's a valid way to play. Just make sure you have fun yourself, and, hopefully, with himaswell eventually.