Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

out leveling content?

tzattzat Member Posts: 26
I seem to be out leveling content. I fil all the hearts and points of intrerest as well as skill point in a zone, and I'm too low of a level to continue on. Baddies are several levels ahead of me. I've done all the group events, many several times over. What gives. Seems like they need more quest.

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

goto your capital city - goto Asura gate for Lions Arch - go visit another racial area

dont worry about spoiling the game for other alts

• ButregenyoButregenyo Member UncommonPosts: 483
    a 15-25 zone is not supposed to gain you 10 levels, it just means it is suited for them. There are several zones of the same level. And if you do those you will be well above the zone's level.
  • thexratedthexrated Member UncommonPosts: 1,368
    Originally posted by Butregenyo
    a 15-25 zone is not supposed to gain you 10 levels, it just means it is suited for them. There are several zones of the same level. And if you do those you will be well above the zone's level.

Doesn't seem to be that many choices past level 25. You are pretty much have to zones in a particular order:

1-15: Zones adjacent to all major cities (there are 4 since Rata Sum and the Grove seem to share a zone for this)
    15-25: Kessex Hills, west of Kessex Hills, west of Wayfarer Foothills and north of Plains of Ashford
    25-35: Gendarran Fields
    30-40: South of Blazeridge Steppes (this doesn’t seem right position-wise but that’s what I seem to see), Timberline Falls
    35-45: Valley Headland
    40-50: East of Timberline Falls, Blazeridge Steppes
    50-60: NW of Blazeridge Steppes, south of Timberline Falls
    55-65: Sparkfly Fen
    60: Island SW of Lion’s Arch
    60-70: The zone with the volcano SW of Ancient Dwarflands, Regrown Flame
    70-75: NE Orr
    70-80?: Northernmost Shiverpeaks zone (with the big lake)
    75-80: NW Orr
    80: W Orr

"The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in."

worth noting

the higher level content has more DEs for experience and dungeons begin at level 30

I assume the Op is under level 30, or correct me if im wrong

• NibiruXNibiruX Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by thexrated

1-15: Zones adjacent to all major cities (there are 4 since Rata Sum and the Grove seem to share a zone for this)

not true my level 6 sylvari is totally not in the same zone as my level 10 asura

• Deto123Deto123 Member Posts: 689
    Originally posted by Nadia

goto your capital city - goto Asura gate for Lions Arch - go visit another racial area

Isn t this the content that you re supposed to do at end game, which makes GW2 so great. I too out leveled areas, and bounced around areas to an appropriate level. I can guarentee, if I ever hit max, I won t want to go back.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by tzat
    I seem to be out leveling content. I fil all the hearts and points of intrerest as well as skill point in a zone, and I'm too low of a level to continue on. Baddies are several levels ahead of me. I've done all the group events, many several times over. What gives. Seems like they need more quest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g36woC3LJ8Y

Watch that, it explains everything quite clearly.

If all you want to do in this game are quests (i.e. hearts, and the ocassional dynamic event), then that's fine. However the game is designed for people to be doing a variety of things. There is actually a lot to do, and while you can limit yourself to only 1 or 2 things, it will require you to branch away from the main areas and quest in other zones at times.

Furthermore, quests get more scarce in higher lvl zones, so it won't hurt to start getting used to the game not being reliant on heart quests. They are there to transition you into the game. They aren't the main source of content.

• MystlynxMystlynx Member UncommonPosts: 68
    Yep, you pretty much have to go sideways and explore other areas.  There is not enough content in one races set of zones to level up on.  My norn is map complete on Wayfarer, Snowden and Hoelbrak and got only to level 22 doing it.  I did any DE's I came across, some more than once.  The game is content light by zone but travel is easy between them.
  • grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927
    I found content to drop off in quantity very quickly after hitting 30.   While one can go to other zones earlier, it does spoil the leveling for alts.
    Originally posted by Deto123

Isn t this the content that you re supposed to do at end game, which makes GW2 so great. I too out leveled areas, and bounced around areas to an appropriate level. I can guarentee, if I ever hit max, I won t want to go back.

ANET will be adding *new* DE content for all levels

you dont want to see new content because it exists in a zone you did before?

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by NibiruX

not true my level 6 sylvari is totally not in the same zone as my level 10 asura

You are right, Asuras start in Metrica, Sylvaris in Caledon forest.

The info is 2 years old, CF was patched into the alsa a year ago.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Deto123

No, it is content you can do at endgame if you want to but do as much of it as you need to level up.

My theif got to 16 fine in Sheamoor without repeating much stuff, have you really gotten everything? (It say so on your map).

You could also craft yourself up a level or 2, or go into the mst and pvp level it if you wnt to do something different.

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646
    For me it is opposite. I feel i am being penalized because i have no interest in crafting and PVP. So being a purely PVE playeri am struggling to level.
  • monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622
    I've encountered this problem also. Make sure you complete the whole map, gather as much as possible, craft, and when you've done all that fill out the city maps and also try WvW. There is a ton of xp in WvW for the taking. When that doesn't help you can always level in lower zones
  • blastermasterblastermaster Member UncommonPosts: 259

If all you do is go from points to points on your map and then hope to be ready for the next one, I think that"s probably impossible. The game is not built around quests like others, where they can calculate that after doing all quest from Hub A and B, people are ready to move to hub C. 

There are events that may (or may not) happen when you go through a zone, etc.  so while you may end up with 100% map, you may have miss a lot of content . Also, there are jumping puzzles, hidden caves with chests,etc. that are not marked on your map, so you got to explore more in depth.

Originally posted by lifeordinary
    For me it is opposite. I feel i am being penalized because i have no interest in crafting and PVP. So being a purely PVE playeri am struggling to level.

ive been leveling 3 chars  (2 are level 20)  -- i do not pvp,  i do not craft

i exclusively PVE, I harvest nodes, i do occasional DEs, hearts, vistas

the only thing i try to always do, if its local to me, are the skill challenges

the only thing i find redundant are getting the waypoints and skill challenges -- everything else is optional and lets me skip around while I visit different racial areas

I cannot speak for the regions above level 25 yet

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646

ive been leveling 3 chars  (2 are level 20)  -- i do not pvp,  i do not craft

i exclusively PVE, I harvest nodes, i do occasional DEs, hearts, vistas

the only thing i try to always do, if its local to me, are the skill challenges

the only thing i find redundant are getting the waypoints and skill challenges -- everything else is optional and lets me skip around while I visit different racial areas

I cannot speak for the regions above level 25 yet

Well you are goign to other racial areas too right? i tried that but it is going to kill all freshness of area when i roll an alt. So i have been avoiding that too.

However, this problem can be solved by triggering DE's in lower areas and maybe increase amount of heart quests.

Well you are goign to other racial areas too right? i tried that but it is going to kill all freshness of area when i roll an alt. So i have been avoiding that too.

yes i visit other racial areas while PVEing but my characters choose to do different hearts / events

i do not do the same thing in each racial area w different characters

theres some mandatory overlap (like the waypoints and skill challenges i mentioned)

but i skip around randomly w each character i play while visting several racial areas -- and it feels new enough for me

• chryseschryses Member UncommonPosts: 1,453
    I have the opposite problem. I am about 2 levels ahead all the time. However I do the following:

Personal story
    Lots of DE's
    Exploring and harvesting
    Crafting
    Hearts

Zero pvp yet. Secret is to engage in other activities. Personal story and crafting/harvesting pay xp quite well
  • NailzzzNailzzz Member UncommonPosts: 515
         Im just going for map completion on a single toon and I hit lvl 40 last night while still working on completing a 25-35 zone. i havent touched any crafting or pvp. Im not even really doing DE's unless im working on filling a reknown heart and one happens to be there. No idea why people are so skittish about using more than 1 races area. Im doing map completion so that i will be able to assist any guildees that need it no matter where. I would hate to have a lvl 80, have a friend ask for help and not be able to help them because i thought it would ruin things for my alts. It seems that would also lock me out of a few dungeons as well.
  • CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

How can you be out levelling the content when youre clearly underlevelled for the content? *confuzzled*

Anyways! On my ranger alt, I just explored Queensdale and by the time I felt like I fully explored it, I  was already 18 so I dont really understand being underlevelled....Did you just run up to all the hearts and POI and vistas and skill points then did them without exploring at all or talking to the npcs? 

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• fundayzfundayz Member Posts: 463
    Originally posted by tzat

So which one is it? Those are two opposing things.

Originally posted by Nailzzz
         Im just going for map completion on a single toon and I hit lvl 40 last night while still working on completing a 25-35 zone. i havent touched any crafting or pvp. Im not even really doing DE's unless im working on filling a reknown heart and one happens to be there. No idea why people are so skittish about using more than 1 races area. Im doing map completion so that i will be able to assist any guildees that need it no matter where. I would hate to have a lvl 80, have a friend ask for help and not be able to help them because i thought it would ruin things for my alts. It seems that would also lock me out of a few dungeons as well.

this already happened to me

a friend asked for me to join them in a different racial area - and i had no waypoints for the zone

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Just do a little more than hearts and events. Gather materials, maybe a little bit of crafting, do achievements (especially daily) and you will be lvling nicely. The game is designed in a way so you do a lot of different activities.
  • HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    Originally posted by Butregenyo

Doesn't seem to be that many choices past level 25. You are pretty much have to zones in a particular order:

15-25: Kessex Hills, west of Kessex Hills, west of Wayfarer Foothills and north of Plains of Ashford
    25-35: Gendarran Fields
    30-40: South of Blazeridge Steppes (this doesn’t seem right position-wise but that’s what I seem to see), Timberline Falls
    35-45: Valley Headland
    40-50: East of Timberline Falls, Blazeridge Steppes
    50-60: NW of Blazeridge Steppes, south of Timberline Falls
    55-65: Sparkfly Fen
    60: Island SW of Lion’s Arch
    60-70: The zone with the volcano SW of Ancient Dwarflands, Regrown Flame
    70-75: NE Orr
    70-80?: Northernmost Shiverpeaks zone (with the big lake)
    75-80: NW Orr
    80: W Orr

That's not an exhaustive list, and that map you linked is old. 

At launch, GW2 offers 5 unique starting zones that lead to 4 unique level 15-25 zones (the Sylvari and Asura share one.)  After that, there are 3 completely distinct paths to 60.  From there, there are 2 distinct paths to 80. 

That said, just because a zone says it stretches from 25-40, for example, doesn't mean that 100% completion of that zone will net you 15 levels.  The beauty of GW2's downleveling system is that they can make a zone that would give you 5 levels in any other MMO--say a 35-40 zone--and stretch out the lower level requirement to 25, making it more accessible to more players.  Level 35 players venturing there for the first time will still feel like they're exploring a brand new, high level territory because the content is new and still challenging.   

THAT said, you can get infinite levels in any zone because there are dozens of events, many of which you probably haven't seen by just 100% completing the map, and all of which are repeatable should you be inclined to do so (though that will surely begin to feel "grindy.")