Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rate your luanch experience [POLL]

Comments

• KrossliteKrosslite Member Posts: 317
    Once again thank for all the votes, and the comments. It will be used in my blog in October.

A MMO is like life. It is something to cherish and enjoy upon in it journey. So why race to the end of it. In life at the end you die.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    I gave it a 7, because TP is still down, Mail stopped working, EU launch botched, Email Authentication stopped working, Forums still down.  And many other issues.
  • MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by dumbo11

Honestly, the pre-launch in the EU was bad/terrible.

Weirdly, in a few months no-one will actually remember this :).

For some.   I was part of the approximately 25% who were locked out for a long while.   So most of my guild got in, but I and another dozen or so didn't get in until later that day.

I put this up with SWTOR in the 'good launch' category.   Some people had issues.   Most did not.   Instead of 2-to-6 hour lines it was a small fraction couldn't log on at all and a lot of people were shunted to over-load servers (but could play).

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

I'd say 5

mediocre

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by Weretigar
    Originally posted by Istavaan
    Originally posted by Weretigar
    Until they get thier act together and make it as good as it was in beta it gets a 6 for lack of game features most f2p has. Even games like eden eternal have a working trade/auction system.

swtor and wow didn't have one at release

SWTOR galactic trade network was at launch. They also had a working forums. and if you were in a party with multiple people you dind't have to walk in and out of the closest loading point repeadedly or wait an unknown point of time before you could meet up with your team. Voting it higher then 8 and then pretending everyone else that says it's lower is lying because of X game you've never plaid is just so funny.

Using SWTOR's GTM is a joke!   The Trade Market sort and find fuctions did NOT work and it took a week, or more, for even basic functionality to be restored.  Even worse it is the dumbest AH design in the history of MMO AHs as they grouped the mats by 'mission' you got them on instead of what craft skill you use them on.  AND there were ONLY TWO (one Imperial and one Republic) in the whole universe.   So, yeah, it was 'there...'   It was broken and so low functional as to be useless, but it was 'there...'   Whoopee!!!!

ANet doesn't do forums.    I don't blame them.  It's nothing but QQ and whining.   Plus, if they enforce the rules they're 'jerks' and 'nazis' and if they don't people whine about that...

No.  You had upto 6 hour waits and it was common to wait 3-to-4 hours.   And you were always losing connection and would be booted to the END of the log-in queue.    Even on Kathol Rift, one of the last two US EGA servers, the waits were 2-hours in prime and 30-minutes in off until January when the game started bleeding players.    But, hey, at least the running in and out of instances should be familiar to anyone who played SWTOR...    After all, wasn't that what the game was about?   It sure seemed like it every time I needed to do something in game...

• XristoXristo Member UncommonPosts: 41

I am loving it so far but I had to give it an 8/10. Without giving it much thought (since I'd rather be playing), I deducted 1 point for the Trading Post issues and 1 point for all the expected issues (i.e. lag, frequent maintenance, bugged quests, etc).

I speak from US server standpoint. I see the EU servers are have much more issues. :( Hope those guys get their servers stable soon.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Headstart = 7

Day Before yesterday = 3

Yesterday and today = 8

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

7 - Had some problems connecting on the 26th, and 28th which I was expecting. I miss the trading post, but I cant really say it makes the game any worse at all.

Certain areas had alot of lag since too many people were in the zone. 

I should of given it a 10 since the game is just too awesome, but due to the problems I will have to go with a seven. 

• ZenIrishChaiZenIrishChai Member UncommonPosts: 527

I haven't had a single problem yet on any level, except for not getting on the server I wanted (yet). So just from the fact I can't get with my other friends, I rate it a 9. It'd be less if I knew it was permanent, and a perfect experience if I could've started with them. No biggie to me. It's very fun so far with or without others.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

The only thing Ive run into that impacted me was the trading post being down, which we're already all aware of that theyve been working hard on and testing to finalize the fixes. Ive personally not experienced any of the lag issues people keep reporting. Other than a few hiccups (likely due to my own connection anyway) that lasted moments out of the past week, everything has run smoothly for me. Overflow queues tend to not last more than a few minutes for me as well, and I have checked out 3 different servers so far. 1 Medium and 2 High. If youre picking a serve rthat is nearly always full.. dont really know what to tell you when you seem shocked by queues and consider them a "problem". Maybe pick a different server for now that doesnt have the long queues.

Some of the other problems people mention, like mail being down, is not a technical issue. It was intentionally brought down by them so that the people getting hacked could not have their stuff stolen, since mail is the only way to trade. It is not broken.

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

= 8 =

Everything is more or less a 10 for me. I do understand there will be bugs and random crashes.

But I seem to be getting almost regular crashes on zoning.  - 1 point

And WvW is so clogged that I have to wait sometimes 3-5 hours to get in, just to zone crash *grrr!*.  - 1 point

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• eggy08eggy08 Member Posts: 525

Much better launch then most but crafting is a bitch without the AH and I feel like they need to buff gold output just slightly. Only got like a gold and 50 silver at 50+ and my crafting supplies to make bars for armorsmith costs a fortune for me to smelt. I'm going to go bankrupt real quick.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Gave it an 8. Really enjoyed the launch, and the game was extremely playable / enjoyable.

Reason I can't give it a 9 or 10 is due to issues with account security & support, WvW, and the trading post.

• CallsignVegaCallsignVega Member UncommonPosts: 288
    This is one of the laggiest MMORPG's I've ever played. That and people not appearing until they are right on top of you is fail. Rating - 3. 
  • DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

8 for me.

I have not had any lag, and just had an issue the first time i tried to log in. On the first day of 3 day head start.

Waited a couple hours, then logged in and have not had a single time i tried to log in and could not.

Wish the forum and trade was up.. but that is not really a launch issue to me.

I know it was rough for some folks.. but guess i have been extremely lucky or something. Playing 3-4 hours a night with no issues. See some talking about lag in game.. but i have not had any at all. Strictly PVE so far so no clue on PVP.

• Elt-The-CatElt-The-Cat Member Posts: 3

Account hacked, support hasn't replied to me in two days.

I wish i could give my launch experience a "one" with more intense prejudice, but I can't.

• IneveraskforthisIneveraskforthis Member Posts: 374

on par with TOR

Rift handled it better, pretty hard to top Rift tbh.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    8 here, agree rift was top notch, but I'm happy enough. No lag here, but did get issues with not joining guildies, but the amount of patching Anet are doing on the fly with no adverse affects is pretty slick ( I'm impressed as a dev)and reassuring.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• AwDiddumsAwDiddums Member UncommonPosts: 416

I found this to be a terrible launch, however with that in mind the game itself has managed to change my mind from immediately giving up and heading back to SWTOR to actually being so sucked in that I find it difficult to log off, except when you suddenly get the message "New build available"

I never really followed GW2 however I am just so amazed at what Anet has been able to do with the game, pack so much into each area and make it such an enjoyable experience.

My son starts university in under 3 weeks time, he is an avid WoW player, however as his funds will be rather low I will be buying him GW2 for his online fix, no need to worry about that pesky monthly sub for WoW when you can play a triple A title for free, plus he won't have to fork out for a new PC to play it on.

This game gets a massive thumbs up from me, it has surprised me on all fronts.

• KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217
    i gave it a 9  GW2 launch was in no way as bad as some recent launches like TSW and TERA

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• ChrisxenonChrisxenon Member Posts: 6

9/10

No problems whatsoever bar some lag at peak times which is to be expected at this stage

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ

I give it nine, because of the lack of friend joining and lag

when solved, 10 straight.

these are already solved xD

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

I gave the launch experiance a mark of 8, because it has not been amazing and has def had issues, but the core game is working fine.

I must say here though that launches come and go. The situation is temporary and I actually think way too much drama is put on stuff that obviously will be fixed pretty quickly.

Plus the game is good enough for me to cut it some slack.

• everlandeverland Member Posts: 71

So... little over 400 votes. So, that would be most people that play gw2 and read this forum, right?

Isn't it to small percentage of entire community to make any conclusion at all?

It is.

It's the same as doing statistic on xfire. Pointless.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by everland

So... little over 400 votes. So, that would be most people that play gw2 and read this forum, right?

Isn't it to small percentage of entire community to make any conclusion at all?

It is.

It's the same as doing statistic on xfire. Pointless.

Well you're no fun.