Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] General: MMOAsteroids, No Kidding!

garrettgarrett MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 284

No, I'm not kidding. I don't think you can even make this kind of stuff up. A dude out there actually went out and made an honest-to-god MMO version of Asteroids. In case you're too old to remember the classic, Atari released the original version of Asteroids back in 1979 and is widely regarded as one of the most popular and influential games of the Golden Age of Arcade Games. How popular? Really popular. They managed to sell over 70, 000 arcade cabinets.

Check out the full article here.

:p 

Comments

• DestructhorDestructhor Member Posts: 88
    W...T...F...
  • anemisanemis Member Posts: 39

LMAO image

Nice try image

• DashiDMVDashiDMV Member Posts: 362
    Cassandra Khaw > Hillary Nicole
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Nice find!

Sent the link to our internal gaming/OT mail list. Very curious as to how this affects the usual lunchtime EVE/WoT/LoL gaming today. :)

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    It is no wonder he is having trouble getting funding.....perhaps he should flesh it out some more....
  • spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

I am litteraly speechless..........................................................................................................................

.....................................................................................................You see? Speechless! Had the same thing when I heard they where makiing a film out of the board game Battleships. :)

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630
    Whats worse is this is more fun than all but 2 or 3 of the current MMOs .......

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

Frigging amazing!!

Guys, click the link, you can play it in about 10 seconds from the time you click it.

• ThreeSixtyThreeSixty Member UncommonPosts: 41
    Originally posted by Isane
    Whats worse is this is more fun than all but 2 or 3 of the current MMOs .......

Indeed, but it'll probably get ruined by the cash shop.

• NhyxNhyx Member Posts: 18

Nice, passed 1.5h of boredom with this game. Fun but could be more fun with more players than the max of 5 i saw and a few more additions. But after all just a demo.

• Radar11xRadar11x Member UncommonPosts: 118
    Its not bad a good simple gameplay idea.
  • striker107striker107 Member Posts: 6

Atari has somthing like it on ther site and facebook