Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rate your luanch experience [POLL]

Comments

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Nice percentage of tr... err of people who voted under 5... ;-)
    Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• indojabijinindojabijin Member UncommonPosts: 97
    I gave it a 8. The trade post being down and the issue with overflow server where once I wasn't able to join a dungeon. Otherwise I've never had any login issues and when the servers have gone down I've been sleeping.
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

I gave it an 8. I personally had no technical difficulties. What brought it down was bad planning on A-Net's part. Anytime a company has to patch during the kick-off, it is not perfect. Anytime a company has aspects of it's game not working, it is not perfect. Since I did not need to make use of the Trading Post, Mail, or keeping track of friends on overflow servers, *my* experience was good.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• Gave it an 8 due to TP being down, mail being inaccessible at times, "join in" not working properly.  I've been able to login every time I wanted to play and the game play itself hasn't been an issue so I don't feel based on my personal experience that giving it below an 8 would be justified.
  • HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    Aside from the trading post being down, which is a rather significant hiccup imo, I have been able to do literally everything I've wanted to do in the game without the slightest interruption.  That ranks as a personal 9/10 for me. 
  • TavvraTavvra 2029 CorrespondentMember Posts: 112
    My lunch has been awesome. Thanks for asking!

"Yea, I've been drinking again.."

• GennerallGennerall Member Posts: 46
    I gave it a five, experienced a whole host of problems surrounding guilds, moderate lag spikes, the trading post imploded, and because the servers went down, by the time I could play my server of choice was already full meaning I couldn't join the guild I'd intended to for weeks prior to launch. So yeah my personal experience was pretty bad, but I still do really like the game regardless of how bad the launch was, In retrospect it could've been far far worse.
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Rated a 9 for my personal experience. The broker hasn't been an annoyance other than just bag/bank space. In fact for me personally the broker being down has kept me from using all my playtime browsing it!

Not perfect though so not a 10 obviously.
  • TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

Actually the people who had major technical issues have reason to give a very low score. However, given that the openining post gave " example -- everyting was working and it was a great experience " as an example of what 10 is, noone could justify voting 10 given that the Trade Post was not working for a long time and thus factually contradicts the criteria given through the example.

• EudaimonEudaimon Member UncommonPosts: 116

A lot of the release is quite polished, however, I've had several issues - trader not working, guild interface either failing to update or register, messages in groups being delayed or just failing to show up.

When on my home server (Piken Square), the lag has been virtually non-existent.  When in the overflow areas, however, thI get the most horrendous lag sometimes leaving the game literally unplayable;  my option seems to be to chat with friends in vent and browse forums whilst waiting a few minutes before being given the invite to travel to my home server's playfield.

I give it a 6, although I'm sure that the issues will be sorted out soon.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    I guess I'm lucky not to have had the unfortunate issues some people had.  Apart from the trading post being down, which has only recently started to annoy me, I'd give it a 9.  I don't think 10 is viable; no launch is perfect.
  • JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    gave it a 8, trading post problems kept me from giving it a 9

I miss DAoC

• BuccaneerBuccaneer Member UncommonPosts: 654

Unfortunately I had to give it a 6.

Trade broker being down is a big minus for me.  One of the fun aspects of a MMO for me is to be able to play the broker/AH.  I've also have experienced server related issues since launch, sometimes I think GOA was running the EU servers. I've experienced bad lag spikes (thankfully appears to be fixed) and also the good old error code 42.  Today I seemed to get random disconnects from the game.

Besides the above I'm really enjoying the game and hope it has a successful future.

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    I think anything between a 6 and 8 is valid. Anything beyond that is a bit absurd as almost all of the underlying system were broken and are still broken.
  • RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

Some features are down, or bugged i won't argue that, but those are only "features". I don't think an mmo was working without very long and numerous downtime and without queue at launch, ever. So for me the most important is there, the game was always available to me almost instantly (only got a couple hour downtime once and i played a lot). This explain my high score, this should be normal, but let face the fact i play mmo since 1998 and it almost never happened, so it deserve a high score, i still miss the auction house though, i hope they'll fix it soon.

• JustANoob69xDJustANoob69xD Member Posts: 3

Rate my lunch expierence huh? Well I haven't ate any lunch yet today so I'll say it's pretty bad.

If you mean launch, then I'll say it was fine. Not extrodinary but not bad.

[mod edit - referral removed]

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788

Trading post is the only thing that I take issue with. Haven't had more than a few hiccups grouping and 90% percent working when swithing overflows etc. with a friend. Other than that everything has been fine for me. No bugged quest, no glitchy issues, no rubber banding, only very little lag in the zergiest scenarios which is expected with my dated rig trying to handle the madness on screen. no login issues, no character stuck issues, no mail issues sent plenty of stuff around with no problem. So I take two points off, one for auction house, one for overflow grouping.

I haven't played pvp at all yet. Waiting for endgame and finishing pve first, so I haven't factored that in. Overall my launch experience I rate an 8......

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

8 and 9s huh? People must of really of been in a dream world to consider it that high or playing some completely terrible MMO launches. 

Gave it a four, one of the worst launches to be honest, though they redeemed themselves a lot for it by being quick to fix the big issues. Still, one of the weakest launches to date. 

...and no fanboys, I don't think the game is terrible, the launch just was, so calm down and and take off your blinders and see it for what it really is, not what you think it was for launch or how the game itself is for that matter.

• ChristoooChristooo Member UncommonPosts: 86

Perfect launch imho 10/10 ... I live in Australia and my connection to the US servers was pristine :D I haven't experienced any lag when i have been playing. Overflow hasn't really affect my friends and I ability to party as we usually get onto the main server pretty dam quickly over on the Tarnished Coast Server.

Trading Post could be consisdered a negative but with the amount of stuff that could've gone wrong I think the ability to trade isn't the biggest negative.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Jyiiga
    I think anything between a 6 and 8 is valid. Anything beyond that is a bit absurd as almost all of the underlying system were broken and are still broken.

Not for everyone, and not everyone puts the same importance on the same features.  I never experienced guild chat issues, for example, because my guild uses voice chat software.  I never experienced log-in issues.  I stand by my 9, even if it's "absurd" to you.

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    Originally posted by Weretigar
    Until they get thier act together and make it as good as it was in beta it gets a 6 for lack of game features most f2p has. Even games like eden eternal have a working trade/auction system.

swtor and wow didn't have one at release

• BeezerbeezBeezerbeez Member UncommonPosts: 302
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

Trucks?

Tricerotops?

Trampolines?

Truffles?

:D

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600
    Originally posted by Istavaan
    Originally posted by Weretigar
    Until they get thier act together and make it as good as it was in beta it gets a 6 for lack of game features most f2p has. Even games like eden eternal have a working trade/auction system.

swtor and wow didn't have one at release

SWTOR galactic trade network was at launch. They also had a working forums. and if you were in a party with multiple people you dind't have to walk in and out of the closest loading point repeadedly or wait an unknown point of time before you could meet up with your team. Voting it higher then 8 and then pretending everyone else that says it's lower is lying because of X game you've never plaid is just so funny.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Originally posted by Jyiiga

Not for everyone, and not everyone puts the same importance on the same features.  I never experienced guild chat issues, for example, because my guild uses voice chat software.  I never experienced log-in issues.  I stand by my 9, even if it's "absurd" to you.

This.  I know people have had issues, but I've had almost none, myself.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• gieger808gieger808 Member UncommonPosts: 158
    I dunno. Shutting down systems to tinker with them at launch doesn't necessarily mean bad design. For all those that are ignorant of it, some problems only crop up a game goes live. It's the devs response time and communication that matter during these times. I give it a 8/10.