Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: Preparing for Alpha Testing

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The latest edition of the Final Fantasy XIV Producer's Letter has arrived on the official site. It's a lengthy discussion of what the team has been up to and includes news that the team is ready to start recruiting players for the alpha test of "A Realm Reborn", the overhauled game client that's set to debut later this year.

Since we’re almost ready for the alpha test for A Realm Reborn, we want to start recruiting players of the current version to assist us as alpha testers. Rather than looking at the actual gameplay, we’ll be asking players to cooperate with the dev team in things like server stress tests, as well as testing other fundamental mechanics of the game. You will be required to sign an NDA (non-disclosure agreement), and the experience will be a far cry from playing the finished product. Available characters, classes, levels, and game content itself will be limited, and testers are accepted strictly on a volunteer basis. Keep those details in mind when you sign up.

Read the full letter on the Final Fantasy XIV forum.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732
    me too but restricted to japanese until alpha test phase 2.
  • BademBadem Member Posts: 830
    If they are saving on Nov 1st then there seems little point in playing on until 11th as that is 10 days of game time that will not be rolled over to ARR
  • NavyJackalNavyJackal Member Posts: 82
    Things are certianly looking good, and I'm looking forward to the version 2.0 relaunch.  I must admit having some trepedation, many players won't give the game a second chance, even with all the changes, and that might doom the relaunch right from the beginning.
  • DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974
    I will be looking to get into the alpha, lets hope it looks and feels like all the info we got about it.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Good to see its on the way.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Yay, finally they achieved the alpha stage for this game, so everyone must be paying for pre-alpha?
  • SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    Yay, finally they achieved the alpha stage for this game, so everyone must be paying for pre-alpha?

huh what?