Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welp back to WoW....

Comments

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,360
    I still love gw2. I havent rushed to max level though. Even if I was to stop playing gw2, which I don't see happening, I wouldn't go back to WoW. I have no interest in that title any more. It's just old.
  • SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by Urko

Enjoy the bamboo , and dont let the door hit yer ass on the way out.

You are at top level in less than a week , you probably didnt sea tenth of what the game has to offer.

Chasing achievements didnt do it for me either and that all i found to be available in WoW or PvP , which was a pile of garbage when i left a year/half ago.

[mod edit]

Always keeping it classy over in GW2 land...

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• ChristoooChristooo Member UncommonPosts: 86
    Originally posted by noseforauto

So, I got to 80 in GW2, dinked around in WvW, did some sPvP, and I think I'm done. Chasing achievements doesn't do it for me, and despite what people say, there is a grind at the end of GW2; you just don't get much out of it. I only imagine there will be many more people like me in the coming months. It seems like lack of endgame might hurt them after all. Who woulda thought?

..... You fool thats all I can say ... Why would you rush to 80? Why do you need endgame to enjoy a game? Jeeezzz

• dariuszpdariuszp Member Posts: 182
    Originally posted by Christooo

So, I got to 80 in GW2, dinked around in WvW, did some sPvP, and I think I'm done. Chasing achievements doesn't do it for me, and despite what people say, there is a grind at the end of GW2; you just don't get much out of it. I only imagine there will be many more people like me in the coming months. It seems like lack of endgame might hurt them after all. Who woulda thought?

..... You fool thats all I can say ... Why would you rush to 80? Why do you need endgame to enjoy a game? Jeeezzz

Well you played solo for 80lvl in multiplayer game and you say you are done. Hint from me - don't play MMO, stay with single player games. In MMO main point is to enjoy playing with others. PVE, PVP etc - everything comes down to playing with other human beings and doing different stuff.

I enjoy exploring the world because there is something to explore. You know that in human city there is big magic instrument that look great, have nice animation and play nice music ? It was nice. Same as undeground village of some strange big fishes. Entry was far far away from point of interest underwater, under another cave :) It was GREAT.

I enjoy crafting. You can make many items and by adding different insignias you can create items of different bonuses and still free uprade slot. Some items have short descriptions like in old cRPG :) And there is many stuff to discover. I enjoy it a lot.

I love taking part in events with others. Stuff like that make me happy - seening all those people doing strange things. From hunting centaurs, defeinding water pipes, gathering stuff, protecting transports to feeding cows, watering plants and putting down fires. And I love when some people stop, chat and have stupid ideas that we want to try. Yesterday we were exploring cave just to find hidden ara with big treasure chest :) It was not marked on the map and it was pure luck we found it. Just because few people gathered after event and we went exploring caves. 

If you just rushed to max lvl without playing with others then your experience must be sad. MMORPG must be not for you. Especially if you like games like WoW that are really not multiplayer since most of the time you just run around, kill mobs, scream "KS" if someone want to help you (game punish this kind of help by design - not like gw2) and sometimes join instances with others. You play next to people but not with them. I feel sorry for you. Hope you find a game you can enjoy. Try "Dragon Age 2" or something :] The Old Republic is also solo game for you.

• redman875redman875 Member Posts: 230

Ignore the reason he quit...focus your hate on wow...it will be easier to swallow this guys attempt to tell you theres not a significant endgame.

hes right...theres going to be more posts like this soon.

However doesnt do him any favors to use wow as a reference...that gets fanboi's in a froth real quick..

For the valiant GW2 defenders:  What kind of endgame does this game have in your eyes?  What makes it so speacial that youll be ready to play it for 6 months?

I mean what makes this game so special where having a boring endgame will all of a sudden be acceptable for everyone?

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    How about we just ignore you?  Most of your posts are just derogatory and filled with loaded questions.  You don't want answers, your wording shows you've already made up your mind.
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    How about we just ignore you?  Most of your posts are just derogatory and filled with loaded questions.  You don't want answers, your wording shows you've already made up your mind.

Blocking me doesnt make the truth go away however.

Also ive already stated ill pick the game up if you guys prove to be right.

I not sure why its such a sore subject for you and many others.

Especially considering how negative all the GW2 fans have been on other game forums the last few months...just being skeptical like everyone else.

Mabey ill pick this game up when it drops the box fee and goes completely f2p though...

• Sabnock34Sabnock34 Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Originally posted by SkullyWoods

I also suspect there will be more people like you. That being people who rush through the game without taking the time to enjoy the experience. If you swallow a strawberry in one gulp, you'll never know how sweet it is...and you'll probably choke to death. My guess is that for some reason you feel that the best stuff is always in the "end-game" so you rush to get there all the time. Anybody could have told you that gw2 is not that type of game, and this point has been made clear many a time. 

Anyway, you seem very much like the WoW type, perhaps you should stick to that game for the rest of the duration of your gaming life instead of learning to enjoy new experiences. 

love this right here. how can you expect to get enjoyment from a game when you rush through it and achieve max level in under a week? you get 0 enjoyment of the game.  dont let anyone stop you..go back to your world of warcraft, and let us good gamers enjoy the fun of Guild Wars 2. 

Asinine replies like that are what I'm talking about.  Suddenly, your opinion that the game has boring endgame is "the truth".  Really, I'm very happy to see how confident you are in your views, but no one is going to take them seriously.  Why should they?

As for the price dropping, good luck.  GW1's price didn't drop for quite a while and the expansions are still 20 bucks.  I think Tera was down to ..... 14.99 in less than 6 months? 

• KalmarthKalmarth Member Posts: 443

Stop bashing GW2 this is "CHANGE YOU CAN BELIEVE IN"

oh and GW2 cured my cancer!

Asinine replies like that are what I'm talking about.  Suddenly, your opinion that the game has boring endgame is "the truth".  Really, I'm very happy to see how confident you are in your views, but no one is going to take them seriously.  Why should they?

As for the price dropping, good luck.  GW1's price didn't drop for quite a while and the expansions are still 20 bucks.  I think Tera was down to ..... 14.99 in less than 6 months? 

How is my opinion any different that yours?  I think GW2 is overhyped but still is a good game.  You think GW2 is the greatest game ever made (at least your posts suggest that) and there is nothing wrong or negative about the game.

If were going on mmorpg history here i would say my being skeptical of a game that is hyped is more realistic than someone stating the game is going to be a long term massive hit...at least during the first week of launch.

Anyway could have sworn ive seen you on other game forums being far more negative than im being towards this game. If not it does get hard to tell given how many GW2 die-hards have been bashing other games the last few months.

Ironic that being a skeptic is realistic everywhere but here...despite the crowd that overhypes games is wrong about it 100% of the time.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

I am still having fun but then I am only level 15 and getting a bit concerned that I will get bored before level 80 because the game seems pretty repetetive to me. Basically it is: do heart quest, do vista, do skill challenge and the occassional Event and some sPvP when you feel like it.

I am hoping for WvW to be really special because the rest seems to get repetetive already.

• tiglietiglie Member UncommonPosts: 43
    How funny is it the same people who based SW lack of endgame are here defending GW2's lack of endgame.  I'm sorry, but this game is not about the journey...when it can be completed in what maybe 48 hours of playtime??  Games about the journey took that long for 2 levels......quit with the rabid fanboism.....I really don't understand what everyone has such a hardon for about this game.
  • RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

GW2 is totally a "rush to the end" type of game.

Err... maybe to you it is.  Unlike WoW, I haven't stopped many times to look at my level, considering there's so much to explore and down-scaling makes all content relevant. 

That's pretty much me.  It's been pretty common for me to look down and see I bypassed my next story quest level 2-3 levels ago, and there's a stack of trait points to spend.

I love the scaledown, too.  I'm pretty much overwhelmed by the choices I have for what to do next.

• dariuszpdariuszp Member Posts: 182
    Originally posted by redman875

Ignore the reason he quit...focus your hate on wow...it will be easier to swallow this guys attempt to tell you theres not a significant endgame.

However doesnt do him any favors to use wow as a reference...that gets fanboi's in a froth real quick..

For the valiant GW2 defenders:  What kind of endgame does this game have in your eyes?  What makes it so speacial that youll be ready to play it for 6 months?

I mean what makes this game so special where having a boring endgame will all of a sudden be acceptable for everyone?

And I ask you this - what kind of END GAME WoW, Rift or TOR have ? Endgame that I never did because of it's nature. Grind. You repeat same few locations over and over again doing same thing over and over again to get some virtual items that give you ability to do same thing over and over again but on harder settings. That's the endgame

Because of poor games like WoW people forgot what MMORPG is all about. It's kinda sat but what can you expect from games made for masses. WoW is not even hard. Your goal is to grind gear that make content easy. Same with TOR and other WoW clones. 

It's no joke that EVERYTHING in GW2 is and endgame. And it's 100% true, because you can come back to events for lvl 10 while having lvl 80, still have a challenge and rewards like you should. Because of that - by leveling up you are strong enough to be able to survive in high lvl areas but you still have reasons to go back to low lvl areas. That's one of many things that make GW2 great.

How is my opinion any different that yours?

Because I never called my opinion "THE TRUTH".  That's how.  Don't backpedal now, you stated that blocking you wouldn't stop the truth, that truth being your previous post that GW2 endgame was boring.  Did you even get there?  In less than a week?  And you've exhausted every last bit of endgame content?

Really?

No.  You said it because you knew it would rile people up.  That's the majority of your posts lately.  My question is, why?

You think GW2 is the greatest game ever made (at least your posts suggest that) and there is nothing wrong or negative about the game.

Then you haven't read my posts, and are making an inaccurate assumption based on feeling backed into a corner.  I hardly think GW2 is the best anything outside of the genre and have criticized several aspects of the game.  With all the MMOS I've played that failed to make me bat an eye in the past 5 years, it wasn't like they had the toughest mountain to climb.

Anyway could have sworn ive seen you on other game forums being far more negative than im being towards this game. If not it does get hard to tell given how many GW2 die-hards have been bashing other games the last few months.

If a game sucks to me, I'm going to say it, but I'm never going to claim it's "the truth" and that people simply can't handle it or that it's a "sore issue", in some attempt to irritate fans of the game.  This passive aggressive BS needs to stop.  By the way, whenever confronted, detractors of GW2 always seem to mention how GW2 fans treated other games badly, indicating that once again, this is some kind of poorly thought out revenge.  I'd recommend getting over it and not transparently trolling the forums.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Well, at least I was smart enough to get out while I could still get a refund. I just feel sorry for the people that are going to realize it too late. 

Ah, you're one of those... Order a game, play it for half a month, charge-back your CC and hop on to the next MMO to do the same. I have a word for that: THEFT!

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    [mod edit] He is not trolling or trying to get people upset, he simple does not like the game and as I understand it, this OP, says that there is no endgame and hasn't this been a "feature" of this game from the get go?
    Originally posted by dariuszp

And I ask you this - what kind of END GAME WoW, Rift or TOR have ? Endgame that I never did because of it's nature. Grind. You repeat same few locations over and over again doing same thing over and over again to get some virtual items that give you ability to do same thing over and over again but on harder settings. That's the endgame

Because of poor games like WoW people forgot what MMORPG is all about. It's kinda sat but what can you expect from games made for masses. WoW is not even hard. Your goal is to grind gear that make content easy. Same with TOR and other WoW clones. 

It's no joke that EVERYTHING in GW2 is and endgame. And it's 100% true, because you can come back to events for lvl 10 while having lvl 80, still have a challenge and rewards like you should. Because of that - by leveling up you are strong enough to be able to survive in high lvl areas but you still have reasons to go back to low lvl areas. That's one of many things that make GW2 great.

Well if you want to compare to TOR or even RIFT since both games too huge hits on population after launch...and both were very hyped....my question is...even with endgame that have a gear grind...something that people will do even if they dont like the mechanics just for the gear....whats going to make GW2 any different...especially since player wont feel a need to grind that endgame since the gear doesnt matter?

Your right...endgame starts at level 1....was said before launch...my question is...people hit 80...*high five* their buddies...then...what does the same exact thing he did to get there only now for no improvement in character?

I think people are deliusional if they think that the majority of players want to get to endgame fast and then just repeate what they did to get to endgame just for fun.  If that were the case no one would have left TOR/AION/RIFT/WAR  because if doing nothing special is acceptable certainly a boring special endgame activity wouldnt matter...they would be fine doing dailies ect.

sorry this is the achilles heel of the game...and is with most.  Endgame is the great equalizer. 

Originally posted by Robsolf

GW2 is totally a "rush to the end" type of game.

Err... maybe to you it is.  Unlike WoW, I haven't stopped many times to look at my level, considering there's so much to explore and down-scaling makes all content relevant. 

That's pretty much me.  It's been pretty common for me to look down and see I bypassed my next story quest level 2-3 levels ago, and there's a stack of trait points to spend.

I love the scaledown, too.  I'm pretty much overwhelmed by the choices I have for what to do next.

I agree with all of that, except the trait points.  I have a little alarm in my brain at level up that tells me I need to put more points into something... funny though, I'm maxed out on toughness and still take a pretty harsh beating.  

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Yeah, the game werent exactly made for raid people but some of you guys just happened to flow in with the hype.

There isnt really lack of an endgame though, it just isnt gear based and that doesnt work for everyone. I think frankly that almost everybody already up to 80 got the wrong game.

Then again, I supposing you also done a few dungeons in explorable, they are a real important part of the endgame. If you havnt you just made the easy content.

• aSynchroaSynchro Member UncommonPosts: 194

Each time i read people telling they are rushing to end-game in MMORPG instead of enjoying the journey, i can't help but being worried about their sex life ^^

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by aSynchro

Each time i read someone telling he's rushing to end-game in MMORPG instead of enjoying the journey, i can't help but being worried about their sex life ^^

Then you've never had sex 3 times in a row. Alts ftw.

Originally posted by Yamota
    You fanboys need to get over yourselves and realise that sometimes someone not liking the game is just not liking the game. He is not trolling or trying to get people upset, he simple does not like the game and as I understand it, this OP, says that there is no endgame and hasn't this been a "feature" of this game from the get go?

No offense, but I wish this could mean something coming from you.  How many threads have you started or posts made about how GW2 is not that innovative or great, etc.?  Coming from someone who doesn't start threads much, I'm curious.  What's the point to it?  And this goes for GW2 fans too.  I just don't get those big OP posts full of laundry lists of "why this game is not good".  Enlighten me.

• ShimpoGenmuShimpoGenmu Member Posts: 66

have fun with your 1 pixel game

happy grinding