Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Waiting for authentication

MahloMahlo Member UncommonPosts: 814
I've been playing GW2 since head start began but this morning I'm getting Waiting for authentication and not getting in. Is there a general problem?

Comments

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Check your mails, whether you got one regarding that subject.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• DamzillaDamzilla Member UncommonPosts: 170

There was a thread about this yesterday, people had problems with this.

I managed to authenticate, but i had to try a few times.

• MahloMahlo Member UncommonPosts: 814
    I haven't had an email from them since last Saturday when I got my Thanks for registering message. I've checked my spam folder too.
  • rankor2rankor2 Member UncommonPosts: 115

Restart client and try again. Then check email. 

I have been restarting client. Now i've suddenly got loads of emails asking me to clink link to authorize. Unfortunately each time I've clicked link and clicked to allow access it has failed!
  • LethalJaxxLethalJaxx Member Posts: 105
    Every time you try to log in a new authenticator is sent. Only the last one, that's generated with your current log in is valid, and probbably for a limited time.
    Originally posted by LethalJaxx
    Every time you try to log in a new authenticator is sent. Only the last one, that's generated with your current log in is valid, and probbably for a limited time.

Thanks. Wondered if this was the case. Shame the emails are taking ages to get through! I'll leave it and try last email I get from them later.

Still not got in. By the time I get an email the authorisation fails. I've wasted best part of the morning arsing about with this. I'm not even logging in from a different IP address
    Latest attempt. I had an email sent at 11:07 which I received at 11.25. The log-in attempt had quit a few minutes earlier than that however. When I tried the link failure again. Are you supposed to click the link in the email while the GW2 client is still trying to log-in? If so, it's a complete farce.
    Tried to log-in, email sent by arena net at 12:10, arrived at 12.27. Clicked link in email. 'error occured'. Got my own little mini game going here. Try to beat the clock! Not sure I can win though