Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TenTonHammer post "joke review" *sigh* I should have guessed!!! OMG 94%

Comments

• otacuotacu Member UncommonPosts: 547
    Originally posted by bluefunk

Graphics 97% (You got to be kidding nearly the best GFX ever.... jokers)

97% is well deserved for an mmorpg as of now it's a the top. Some landscapes are just breathtaking. Did you see Divinity's Reach?

And the game looks good even on the lowest setting!

Style and Art >>> polygon count

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156
    Overhyped and overrated. SWTOR, Rift, WAR had the same extremely positive feedback on forums and reviews first weeks after release. It will wear off by the end of September.

REALITY CHECK

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    its hitting a 7/10 for me at the moment.. might pop u a tiny bit if the later lvls get any better.
  • ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785
    I don't give a **** what scores give reviews, being it 0 or 100. For me, personaly, I'd give it 100/100.
  • thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    It's presently a 8/10 for me due to the issues plagueing the EU/guilds etc combined with a disspointment of what the store offers at launch.
  • Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026
    Originally posted by Thillian
    Overhyped and overrated. SWTOR, Rift, WAR had the same extremely positive feedback on forums and reviews first weeks after release. It will wear off by the end of September.

So did WoW....

• otacuotacu Member UncommonPosts: 547
    Originally posted by Thillian

That's not really informative since every single mmorpg since almost 10 years mostly wear off by the end of the first month....

Your point?

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    Originally posted by Izik

Way to early to give it GW2 an overall score. Most people aren't even 30 yet thus haven't done 1 pve dungeon. Game also hasn't even been out a week so everyone is still in the honeymoon stage, thinking this is the greatest game ever made (it isnt).

Maybe in 3 months when the majority of the population has 1 level 80 char we can give the game a score. Until then it's wayyy too early. I remember the first month of SWTOR was the same deal - everyone loved it. Now look at where that game is today.

Oh, but on the contrary... Most people ARE above lvl 30 and they DID more than 1 dungeon... I'm one of the lowest levels in my guild and I'm lvl 23, when majority of my guild is well over lvl 35 (we have over 250 members).

This game is the greatest game made recently, I can say that and be sure of it now... In my opinion, not any mmorpg released recently can match what ANet just did...

I can tell you that SWTOR didn't have this feeling to me which I get when I play GW2... Nor was I really excited when I was playing swtor, I remember talking to my friend in the 1st week and I told him that I expected ALOT more from the game and that it's not a game I'll play on. I knew that in the 1st week already.

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    90/95 % for the best theme park MMORPG on the market sounds about right.
    Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974
    Taking in all factors including Anets dedication to the games issues, I will give a 9/10. 
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    High 80's to low 90's for me.  Consider that every other MMO that came out scored in the 70's or lower on my scale... except WoW.  I'd have to give that a low 90's too simply for the time it kept me occupied.  No game is perfect, and I don't think GW2 is either, but it's the best MMO I've personally played in many years... who knows if I'll be playing it long term, but having friends in the game helps.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by altas
    I don't give a **** what scores give reviews, being it 0 or 100. For me, personaly, I'd give it 100/100.

So there's nothing, absolutely nothing they could do to improve the game?

Forgive me for remaining skeptical.

94% seems a bit high, since there has never been even a 9.0 MMO in history as far as I score them, but hey maybe this is the first.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Requiem1066Requiem1066 Member Posts: 274

In the age when anyone can sit in their basement , access the net, create a blog and call themselves a profesional reviewer. Please excuse me while I don't hold much faith or respect for review scores.

Sheep follow scores .. I prefer to choose what I like myself .. so the only opinion that matters is my own 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    High 80's to low 90's for me.  Consider that every other MMO that came out scored in the 70's or lower on my scale... except WoW.  I'd have to give that a low 90's too simply for the time it kept me occupied.  No game is perfect, and I don't think GW2 is either, but it's the best MMO I've personally played in many years... who knows if I'll be playing it long term, but having friends in the game helps.

The test of the quality and pull of a MMORPG is whether you play it regardless what your friends do.

Heck, digging ditches can be fun if you are doing it with friends, take that out of the equation.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415

This si all very meaningless.

TTH SWTOR review:

Gameplay- 90

Graphics- 87

Sound- 95

Multyplayers- 90

Value-77

Lasting appeal- 82

Overall- 88 out of 100

TTH Rift review:

Gameplay- 97

Graphics- 95

Sound- 90

Multyplayers- 97

Value-90

Lasting appeal- 77

Overall- 95 out of 100

Yeah, TTH is completly reliable as a source of completly accurate reviews, specially since, as other pointed out, GW2 as not even been out 1 month.

Really, why do you care OP? These reviews from "profissional" websites are completly useless. If you like GW2, that's all that matters, if not, the same.

Anyone trying to use these reviews as proof of a game's quality, be it good, mediocre or bad, is dreaming.

And i like GW2 alot more than SWTOR, and more than Rift.

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112
    The issues of trading and mail system being down and trouble of joining friends in the same instance the game is great. It really grows on me.
  • ranknvileranknvile Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Originally posted by Blindchance
    The issues of trading and mail system being down and trouble of joining friends in the same instance the game is great. It really grows on me.

Actually have seen these fixed in the last 24 hours. Can now join my family who plays and mail is working fine. I do hate that the Trading Post is still up and down though.

For me, a game that has such a large base starting the game than most other MMO's that have been released, and the speed that items are being fixed, I give Anet credit. That, and the fact that NONE of the above have prevented me from playing (just on that first pre-launch day for 3 hours....normal MMO outage)

But, I AM a Guild Wars fanboy, true and bred. It is the only RPG, online, that I have continually gone back to..compared to WoW, EQ2, AoC, etc...for the last 7 years of it's life.

That says a lot to my commitment and the commitment of Anet to make a fun game.

I expect GW2 to continue this route.

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812

Well TTH have a review up for GW2.  Final score 94%, while I feel GW2 is a great game well worth £40 I paid no way is it a near perfect score.  I guess I shouldn't have expected much for TTH.

Gamesplay 90%

Sound 97%

Multiplayer 95%

Value 95%

Lasting appeal 95%

No mention of the various issues plaguing GW2 game itself or Anet I guess I shouldn't expect more from them tbh.

My review 85% - great mmo/action game, awesome value.

I'm not sure if anyone really takes these type of reviews seriously as I know I don't and never have. These days you can pretty much beta test someone and get a good idea from trying to break a game in beta as to wheather it's worth your time. In the games current state I feel 75% would be a decent score, but what does that mean.

Well to me it means I like the look and feel to the game, I am not a fan of The Black trading Post, but this is because I ended up with two extra character slots due to lag when I pressed the button it too all my gems and I only wanted one slot. Customer service is very slow and poor. Could not play for 4 hours on first day due to login server, but that's not a game killer for me. Things I like is the way I can play the game when i want and not feel i have to get to lvl 80 today. I'm not a PvP player but love the WvW and feel this will bring more people into PvP side of things. I'm to lazy to be a PvP'er if I'm honest.

I do like the eye candy it has a good mix and I like the cut scenes unlike the way Swtor did them it's all syncs. All in all I feel my mark of 75% reflects what i like and dislike about the game and of course there are many other + & - factors of which there are to many but I did try to name then ones which impacted me.

I'm off on a cruise on Sunday so when I get back in 12 days time I'm hoping most of the issues will have been resloved, but lets see.

Bandit

Asbo

• Size-TwelveSize-Twelve Member UncommonPosts: 478

I don't think people give enough credit to the amount of work that goes into an MMORPG when compared to another type of game like a multi-player FPS, an iOS game, or even a single player sandbox RPG like Skyrim.

MMO's are huge technological achievements in and of themselves, just from a software development standpoint. There aren't many applications developed in any industry that can rival the complexity that we see in MMO's.

Yet, we rate them right along side other games and treat them like they are equivalent. This is why, I think when a game comes out of this genre that is so breathtaking, reviewers are quick to give credit where credit is due. Anyone that's been involved in software development or IT at any point in their lives (including many game reviewers) can appreciate just the massive scale, and coordination, and time it must take to roll one of these games out.

When something like Guild Wars 2 comes out and just completely blows you away, I think it is correct to rate them on a bit of a curve. Yes, there are a few nagging glitches that might bring down a score on a much smaller title. But when you look at the scope of GW2, it's very hard not to be impressed with what they've produced.

94 is a very fair score for this game, and all things considered, I expect this will be near the median score on this game overall.

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

The gfx score is much too high, I agree.  Sound FX are stand out great in this game, but the music is kinda blah.

Other than those things, I gotta pretty much agree with the scores.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081
    Originally posted by coretester
    solid 7 out of 10 from me.

QFE ^

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    I'm done with paying any attention to these sites for their reviews. They're an absolute joke anymore and pushed out so quickly it is fairly obvious they were done without much hands on with the game.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    Originally posted by Blindchance

XD

I give this post a 94/100

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Well TTH have a review up for GW2.  Final score 94%, while I feel GW2 is a great game well worth £40 I paid no way is it a near perfect score.  I guess I shouldn't have expected much for TTH.

Gamesplay 90%

Sound 97%

Multiplayer 95%

Value 95%

Lasting appeal 95%

No mention of the various issues plaguing GW2 game itself or Anet I guess I shouldn't expect more from them tbh.

My review 85% - great mmo/action game, awesome value.

I agree, 80-85 % is a fair score. 97% is just ridicilous and just shows how close the gaming media is to major gaming corps. 97% sound?? There is no way you can justify that.

• itbewillyitbewilly Member UncommonPosts: 351

The graphics are 97% !!!!

Even the zombie females tits looked awesome. True Story. Best rotten breast's ive seen since Zombie Strippers.