Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rate your luanch experience [POLL]

KrossliteKrosslite Member Posts: 317

This is an un-official poll that I will be using in my blog at the first of October for the 1 month mark of GW2.

At around September 28th I will post another poll at that time.

It will be a simple 1 to 10 rate.

1 being the worst -- example -- Game was down more then it was up

10 being perfect --- example -- everyting was working and it was a great experience (simply I don't expect there to be anyone voting for 10 but I have to put it there).

A MMO is like life. It is something to cherish and enjoy upon in it journey. So why race to the end of it. In life at the end you die.

Comments

• dumbo11dumbo11 Member Posts: 134

Honestly, the pre-launch in the EU was bad/terrible.

Weirdly, in a few months no-one will actually remember this :).

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

I give it nine, because of the lack of friend joining and lag

when solved, 10 straight.

• Hell_HammerHell_Hammer Member Posts: 75

Had trouble signing in on the first night on EU servers, but honestly it was nothing surprising during primetime hours of the launch day.

For me it's a 7, mainly because of a lack of Trading Post and a few random lag spikes, but really nothing game-breaking or rage-inducing happened.

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600
    Until they get thier act together and make it as good as it was in beta it gets a 6 for lack of game features most f2p has. Even games like eden eternal have a working trade/auction system.
  • TredvoltTredvolt Member Posts: 10
    I'm from Europe. I gave it one.
  • QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

If I have to rame MY experience then it's 9. If whole then probably 7.

I'm in europe too but I didn't have time to play when there was downtime and since then i had no problems.

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316
    I gave it a 9/10 because there were a few problems (the biggest one being the trading post). But with only a 3 hour downtime at head start and the majority of players playing just fine at launch, I think Anet did a great job.
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

pre launch EU was terrible..

Then after launch..

Horible qs to get out of the temp zones, horrible qs to get into WvWvW, trade post down, Trading disabled between players.. a few other issues as well.

Not the worse launch i have seen so gave it a 7.

• shiner421shiner421 Member Posts: 70

Just liek I posted in another thread, I have not had any queues, login issues, lag, or any other negative experience since logging on at 9PM 8/25. I have played every day since then for 5 hours or so, and have been loving every minute of it.

From what I read however I begin to wonder how long it will alst before I finally get one of the issues people post about, but then again I live in Seattle, WA so I am probably living right next to the servers Lol.

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

The Trading Post being down is starting to irk me a bit. Being stuck in a crafting rut right now makes the issue a little more annoying for me, but overall it's pretty good launch for me. Stable on the server, no d/c's and the game is pretty solid in the design department.

They need to get the Trading Post up soon though. When it was down during Headstart I was mostly forgiving, but now the game is officially live and now everyone who's purchased is being exposed to the issue. (Except for that 25% ofc)

EDIT: Gave it a 7 for launch experience

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• dllddlld Member UncommonPosts: 615

Beyond like 1-2 hours since headstart (altough I did also get in 2 hours before start time) the game has been up for me the entire time I wanted it to be.

The mail and trading post being down hasn't affected me and I have had very little lag (seems to be tied to starting zones but i'm outleveled there)

I had some issues with joining the same instance as my friends but after a couple of tries of max 10 minutes wasted it worked.

I'll give it an 8. 

• JackSmthJackSmth Member Posts: 17

8/10

I'm playing since first day of headstart and I was unable to login/play for only ~6 hours total.

When I compare this with other mmo launches I must say they did a very very good job,

the game is very popular and I didn't had to wait a single time in queue before I could play.

• MahloMahlo Member UncommonPosts: 814
    Apart from the downtime pre-launch, during headstart, I would have said it had been pretty good - until this morning. As I can no longer log-in, however, due to it sending me authentication emails with links that don't work by the time I receive them, perhaps now isn't a good time for me to vote.
  • JounarJounar Member UncommonPosts: 142

Gave it a 9.

As an EU player there were a couple of hours I lost due to login server issues. The AH being down hasn't effected me at all due to mobs dropping all the gear I need and i didnt notice the mail was down at all.

• CurmyCurmy Member UncommonPosts: 18

I give it a 1.

Had they not banned my account  2 days into headstart and then been  useless in assisting me to have my account restored then I may have scored them slightly higher.

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

Well, perfect = 10.

-1 for no forums

-1 for lack of meaningful tooltips or tutorials

-1 because of some login issues

So: 7.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531

I gave it a 9 because of the trading post that isn't available yet and since yesterday the mail isnt either.

Other than that I had no real issues with the game at all so far.

Yes the headstart took a bit to be as smooth as it is now but one still could play for the most part and no real issues were there except of ANet restarting the servers or applying patches at times which was already stated that they will open the servers 3 hours earlier but will be working on the game aswell.

I have been in much worse launches and headstarts to say the least so all in all it was a good one.

• Kyus_HoBKyus_HoB Member Posts: 185

I gave it a 9

I'm judging it so high because of their response to key issues and the well thought out reasoning with the mail system being left off until accounts have been authenticated. 

The initial eu downtime on headstart was an issue but they saw their was a log in server problem took it down and fixed it. end of no mucking about putting something up asap with other issues.

The game runs great the only issue is the Trading Post being down so long but they have communicated well (even if its through reddit and twitter mostly) their intentions. lack of ques is the big reason to score this highly. I'm a member of a medium sized guild and the lack of issues on accounts and different systems is also testament to a very good launch.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

gave it a 9... because no game ever deserves a 10.. If it were a 10 that means it's the ultimate game with everything that has to be there with no room for improvement because it's so perfect it doesn't need one! :D

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Clearly there have been issues with the launch, but they haven't really affected my playing too much. So I'd vote the launch experience as an 8.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• everlandeverland Member Posts: 71
    How many more threads like this? Why do some people want to call the launch good or bad, who cares now? Game is up and running, everyone is busy enjoying it.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

8. There are some issues, particularly annoying is the AH and that the guildfunction have been working on  and off.

But the only time I wanted to play and couldnt was 3 hours the first pre release day and that is impressive. That some features dont work is annoying but it is down time that really lowers the score in my book.

• KrossliteKrosslite Member Posts: 317
    Originally posted by everland
    How many more threads like this? Why do some people want to call the launch good or bad, who cares now? Game is up and running, everyone is busy enjoying it.

As stated when I made this post. I am going to take these numbers, even though un-official, into my blog. I want some actual numbers. Thus the poll.

I thank those that have responded so far and I look forward to some more numbers.

A MMO is like life. It is something to cherish and enjoy upon in it journey. So why race to the end of it. In life at the end you die.

• KrossliteKrosslite Member Posts: 317

hmmm no more vote.........

need some more plz  :)

• SimonVDHSimonVDH Member Posts: 178

10/10

becouse voting 8/10 isn't that fun