Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sometimes you just gotta admit it to yourself...

SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531

After Anet's perma bans , it confirmed two things that I was scared about GW2 being published by NCSoft.

1- Anet's obvious total control over their own creation , which is a big turn on for me.

2- The ammount of respect they have towards their creation. Because by banning exploiters you show the player base and the world that no one will screw around with what you worked so hard on for the past few years. And for that I throw my hat off to Anet.  Besides CCP that have the same ammount of respect towards EVE-Online , I haven't seen any Dev having the same level of respect for their own creation.

Just for that , I'll admit I might have been wrong about Anet and GW2 , and to make it up I'll buy myself a copy of GW2 next week.

Comments

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    They are already making moves? Man, most let people go on for awhile. I havent heard anything about these bans, but thats pretty sweet lol
  • noseforautonoseforauto Member Posts: 46

After hearing what they did, I got a refund. The game wasn't all that fun, anyway. I didn't really seem myself playing it, and I don't like to support bad business like that.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by madazz
    They are already making moves? Man, most let people go on for awhile. I havent heard anything about these bans, but thats pretty sweet lol

http://www.examiner.com/article/arenanet-bans-thousands-of-players-posts-guild-wars-2-game-update

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by SuprGamerX
      After Anet's perma bans , it confirmed two things that I was scared about GW2 being published by NCSoft.1- Anet's obvious total control over their own creation , which is a big turn on for me.2- The ammount of respect they have towards their creation. Because by banning exploiters you show the player base and the world that no one will screw around with what you worked so hard on for the past few years. And for that I throw my hat off to Anet.  Besides CCP that have the same ammount of respect towards EVE-Online , I haven't seen any Dev having the same level of respect for their own creation.   Just for that , I'll admit I might have been wrong about Anet and GW2 , and to make it up I'll buy myself a copy of GW2 next week.

*snaps fingers
    Shoot Giiirl, he aint gonna call you

• Requiem1066Requiem1066 Member Posts: 274
    Just  a shame they have done a U-turn and are allowing those they have perma banned to lower it to 72 hours 

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136
    Originally posted by noseforauto

After hearing what they did, I got a refund. The game wasn't all that fun, anyway. I didn't really seem myself playing it, and I don't like to support bad business like that.

Got a refund before you got banned? Bad business? Banning cheaters is GOOD business.

• SkullyWoodsSkullyWoods Member Posts: 183

Oh that's why you got a refund? Could've swore I just finished reading about how you got to 80 in a week, now you're bored so it's back to WoW. If you're going to spread negativity, make up your mind about your trash talk and stick to it.

#TeamVainlash
    Why did Marceline's dad eat her fries? I mean...cause she bought them and they were hers...

• DomotoDomoto Member UncommonPosts: 82

I fail to see how banning someone for exploiting a game is bad business. When someone plays the game, they are agreeing to the T&C set by Anet, and must deal with the consequences by going against it. Having these people removed from the game shows that Anet is taking their product seriously, and by abusing the exploit these players showed that they will not. 

Anet is also offering those with permbans a chance to get it knocked down to a 72-hour ban, if THEY agree to delete the items and currency they earned themselves from the exploit, and not have it done for them.

So where exaclty is the bad business again?

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Originally posted by Domoto

I fail to see how banning someone for exploiting a game is bad business. When someone plays the game, they are agreeing to the T&C set by Anet, and must deal with the consequences by going against it. Having these people removed from the game shows that Anet is taking their product seriously, and by abusing the exploit these players showed that they will not. 

Anet is also offering those with permbans a chance to get it knocked down to a 72-hour ban, if THEY agree to delete the items and currency they earned themselves from the exploit, and not have it done for them.

You're right...i don'tsee it.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• PravanaPravana Member Posts: 48

Sounds like ANET just wants these players to own up to what they did instead of acting like children screaming about unfair bans and wanting their 60$ back.

• nine56nine56 Member UncommonPosts: 208

Noseforauto is a GW2 hating WoW fanboy. Check post history. He's getting off on posting hate messages about GW2.

Don't feed the troll.

• DomotoDomoto Member UncommonPosts: 82
    Originally posted by Pravana

Sounds like ANET just wants these players to own up to what they did instead of acting like children screaming about unfair bans and wanting their 60$ back.

Pretty much, and those players should be glad they even get the chance for that in my opinion. 

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Great to hear theyre jumping right on the exploiters like this. Cant express how annoying that crap is in new games that youre having fun in, only to be ruined by exploiters and then the staff do absolutely nothing about it. Perfect example - DCUO. Rampant and obvious exploiting, with videos of individuals doing it posted by the dozens, and SOE just completely ignored it. It went on for 2 motnhs straight before i finally sai dscrew this, theyre not doing anything to fix this. The cheaters didnt even make it a week in GW2. Nice work Arenanet.

And yes, ignore nosferatu. Obvious troll is obvious. He just created a seperate thread earlier claiming he is 80 and theres nothing to do, so he went back to WoW. Now suddenly its claims that he quit as soon as he found out about the bannings. 

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

You seriously don't hide your hate do you?  It's good business, not bad.  Bad business is when you allow these exploiters to stick around with no punishment at the expense of your honest players.  Thankfully, you're not in charge.  Honestly, I'm glad people like you are quitting early.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Banning exploiters is good, but permanent bans is extreme.  I'm more forgiving and the type that would rather have a "3 strikes your out" system in place.
  • bookworm438bookworm438 Member Posts: 647

....You know... in most cases you can't get a refund for an MMO once you used the product code and played the game. So unless you are going to call your CC and contest the charge (which btw, is illegal as you've received the product), I don't know how you're going to do that.