Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Name Reservations

Mors-SubitaMors-Subita Member UncommonPosts: 517
When, exactly, do the name reservations expire and the names go up for grabs?

Comments

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    They've already expired.
  • Mors-SubitaMors-Subita Member UncommonPosts: 517
    Originally posted by Scalpless
    They've already expired.

Ummm, no... no they haven't.

Ergo why when I try and take one it tells me "the name you have entered is a reserved guild wars character name. If you think this name should have been reserved for you please....."

When does the reservation end?

• HrethHreth Member Posts: 13
    The reservations lasted till and including launch day, so they should have expired already.
  • DrachasorDrachasor Member Posts: 2,678
    And if they haven't, then we have no idea when they will.  I'd be surprised if it didn't happen within a week though.
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

soon - could be any day, anet only guaranteed the names til launch day

http://www.arena.net/blog/reserving-your-character-name-for-guild-wars-2

After launch day (and after we work through support tickets filed on launch day), we’ll free up the millions of unclaimed names for new Guild Wars 2 players to use.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Having one name unique over all servers is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of in an MMO.
  • EllieAnneEllieAnne Member Posts: 23
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    Having one name unique over all servers is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of in an MMO.

Are you serious?  So if someone chose "Ellie" on one server it is unavailable on ALL the servers?

• Mors-SubitaMors-Subita Member UncommonPosts: 517
    Originally posted by EllieAnne
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

Are you serious?  So if someone chose "Ellie" on one server it is unavailable on ALL the servers?

You can "guest" on any server as long as you have a friend there... Just jump to that server to play PvE there.

You can also change home servers for a fee...

They can't have people causing naming conflicts.

• AlucardlbAlucardlb Member Posts: 83
    The names are not one per server, but one name for all the servers because of the guesting option where you can visit any server.
  • Dev_NightsDev_Nights Member Posts: 67
    Not only for guesting and transfering servers, you have to bare in mind the fact people might try to add you on their friends list or send you post. People would complain if it went to a different guy with the same name. TBH I don't really mind because I go for names that are rarely used anyway. If someone were to 'steal' my name, I'd just roll with another name. To me it isn't the end of the world.
  • SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836
    It also makes getting the name "Plant" for a Sylvari that much sweeter. image