Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Razor Naga

gieger808gieger808 Member UncommonPosts: 158
 HTe dodge mechanic is proving to be problematic for me. Thinking about getting the Naga. Anyone use one?

Comments

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by gieger808
     HTe dodge mechanic is proving to be problematic for me. Thinking about getting the Naga. Anyone use one?

I <3 my naga lol. Yes, I'm using one but I'm not sure what your question is... 

• rachmat19rachmat19 Member Posts: 29
    I'm using a g600 and I love it to bits for this game, so I would recommend getting a gaming mouse. However, what i don't get is how getting a new mouse will help with dodge specifically. You would still have to press the button and I think a keyboard would be faster than a mouse to press..
  • badgerAlumbadgerAlum Member Posts: 27
    Definitely agree with the above.... a gaming mouse is fantastic.  I love my naga.  I guess I can see it helping if before you had other hotkeys assigned around your movement keys and didn't have dodge in reach.  
  • rachmat19rachmat19 Member Posts: 29
    That make sense, I guess... I'm dodging with the double tap of the directionpretty easy 'cause my hand is already on the button anyway...
  • NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Dont bother with the Razer Naga Epic, the wireless receiver is problematic. Other than that, pretty kick ass mouse. I miss my logitech g9

• DrezzdinDrezzdin Member Posts: 30
    Bought a G600 just for this game love it
  • CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Doesnt the naga epic have a wired mode? 

My 2 best suggestions is naga for small hands and cyborg mmo7 for bigger hands o.o

Dem butans!

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• SteeneSteene Member Posts: 10
    Better buy a Logitech G600 it has a much better handling and the thumb buttons are way better too. In addition to that the Razer Naga will produce double clicks after some months of usage and after that time you can throw it away. Never ever Razer again.
  • korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

I'm using raptor gaming M3 mouse for years now and it's 2 side buttons are always useful for stuff like this :D

I use them in every game I play, so I'd recommend you getting a mouse button with decent DPI and a few side buttons :)

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• gieger808gieger808 Member UncommonPosts: 158
    Thanks for the feedback. To answer why I don't double tap dodge is that it seems to be unrealizable for me. And I can't change my hotkeys too much, been the same for so many years, and I'm outta buttons to hotkey!
    Posting from my iPhone . Spelling. Sigh.

This is my setup and it's so nice. 

Wolfking Timberwolf

Razar Naga

The two work so well together that I bought 15 Timderwolfs since they were going out of business and I have 2 Naga's as a backup still in the box and 1 naga opened and 1 hex. I thought I'd like the hex more for GW2 but I still prefer the Naga. 

Yeah, I have a 4 button gaming mouse now, but the way GW2 plays (weapon swapping, traits) I just need more than I used to. Maybe I'm just too old to want to triple hotkey.
  • ChristoooChristooo Member UncommonPosts: 86
    Get a Razer Naga, It makes playing GUild wars 2 so easy because you can hit a key that you need in emergencies within seconds instead having to find the key on the keyboard. They are worth every cent and definatly made me a better gamer becuase of my increased reactions when it comes to using a skill
  • tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

The naga is awesome..

I wouldnt get the cordless one though..

in fact I wouldnt recommend any wireless mice for gaming.

• PalaziousPalazious Member Posts: 162

I have a razor naga... but decided to try out the g600. 

Better built.. better feel... better software...better everything. 

The naga is now a paperweight.

Palazious <The Vindicators> Darkfall
    Palazious r40, rr45 SW War
    Palazious 50 Pirate PoTBS
    Palazious 35 Sorcerer Vanguard
    Palazious 75 wizard EQ
    Paladori 50 Champion LOTRO
    Poppa Reaver bugged at rank15

Originally posted by Palazious

I have a razor naga... but decided to try out the g600. 

Better built.. better feel... better software...better everything. 

The naga is now a paperweight.

I have a g600 thats sitting in a drawer because of the double clicking and screen jumping lol. It's ok for everything but gaming. It's an issue most that bought it have. So until Logitech fixes this I simply could not recomend it to anyone looking to game with it. If it gets fixed it's fairly solid, but until then the Naga just outshines it due to better software. g600 currently is worse by a great deal. 

• maddbomber83maddbomber83 Member Posts: 422

I'll paste my review of the G600 vs the Naga Epic below.

I now use the G600, but that's not to say the Naga is a bad mouse, it is a great mouse.  Someone mentioned wireless?  Just plug it in, I rarely use the wireless feature of the mouse.

My wife uses the Naga, it is a great mouse.  What it boiled down for me is that I use 1-6 much much more than 7-12.  The Naga, if you use the 7-12 is much better.  With the 600 you have to get over the grooves for each thumb range and it takes longer to hit those keys (the naga is flat and easy to glide down, and the 4 columns on the naga take up the space of 3 columns of the 600).  But.... if you don't use 7-12 that often, the 600 requires less muscle memory to hit them.

Anyhow, the full review below:

So I have the Razer Naga Epic Gaming Mouse and now this Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse, Black (910-002864). How do they compare?

Short version, they are equal mice.
    - Pick the Naga if you use the 7-12 keys often in fast high pitched game play.
    - - You can reach them faster as you have the muscle memory to hit the right and there is nothing in your way.
    - Pick the G600 if you don't use them that often.
    - - You can reach them faster as you don't have the muscle memory and the 2nd set of grooves makes it so you don't hesitate before clicking them.

Size:
    - They are both the same size with one slight exception, the Naga you place your ring finger next to the mouse and use it as part of your 'grip'.
    - The place your finger is on is extended on the G600 to be an actual button your finger rests on.
    - THIS is the major 'comfort' difference between the two mice and where I see a lot of complaints.
    - For the first hour, I was constantly hitting this key as on my Naga I was use to using this finger as part of my grip.
    - After retraining the muscles a little, this is no longer an issue for me and I now have an extra key to actually use.

Thumbpad:
    - The G600 is 133% the size of the Naga in Length (or width depending on how you look at it).
    - The Width (or length...) is the exact same.
    - How does this feel? The Naga is FASTER. The rows are not as far apart and they are flat so its really easy to glide your thumb down and hit the right key.
    - The G600 is CONFIDENT... It is much easier to tell where your thumb is, and the way the keys are grooved you have 2 locations for your thumb, one hits 1-6, the other hits 7-12. Due to the spacing, Naga users you can compare this by moving your thumb to the last row (10-12), this is where your thumb will be to hit 7-12 on the G600.
    - Verdict? Depends on how many keys you actually use. I use 1-6 A LOT and don't use 7-12 that often. This actually makes the G600 shine as you have less memory of keys you don't use, when I swap to the 7-12 position I don't have to hesitate to hit a key because I KNOW my thumb is on the right one.
    - Counter Verdict? The Naga is simply faster. You don't have to get over the grooves and the rows are closer so you can get to 7-12 just as fast as 1-6. It does take more memory though. If you use all 12 keys all the time, the Naga may be the better mouse.

Extra Keys:
    - G600 has the ring finger key, the 2 tilts of the mouse wheel as an advantage. All the other keys are located in the exact same spots for the two mice.

Weight:
    - The Naga is slightly heavier, maybe the reason I got use to using that ring finger as part of the grip.
    - The G600 is lighter, but not having that extra finger to move it with actually makes the 'resistance' of each mouse the same.

Software:
    - They both look great and function without issue for me. (Synapse 2.0 and Gaming 8.35)
    - They both have great macro / key press / toggles and such that cover most needs perfectly.
    - The Logitech does have more options for advanced users such as scripts and such though.

Lighting / Looks:
    - Both have about equal brightness in lights and similar lighting options.
    - The Naga has an extra light on the wheel, but the sides of this wheel are actually a sticker that does come off after about a year of use.

Skin:
    - The Naga has a rubberized skin (like the back of the kindle fire) where the G600 is more a textured plastic. They both feel nice but the Naga feels higher tech.

Wireless:
    - The Naga can be unplugged and used as a wireless mouse (and includes a base station).
    - If you want a gaming mouse that can also go wireless, the Naga is a great option.

Price:
    - At the time of this review the Naga commands a 50% price premium over the G600. If I was to go off Value, the G600 gets the nod. However, I don't as the mouse is a very important part of the computer and something I don't mind spending money on.
    - The wireless is really where the price comes from.

Note:
    - I'm an MMO gammer (Rift/GW2) and I casually play RPG Shooters (Borderlands).

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Castillle
    Doesnt the naga epic have a wired mode? 

My 2 best suggestions is naga for small hands and cyborg mmo7 for bigger hands o.o

Dem butans!

Yes. If it's anything like the Mamba, the wired mode is going to be necessary. It's fine when it works, but every once in awhile it loses connection and the mouse disappears for awhile. It's really annoying.

When wired though, the Mamba works great and I'd expect the Naga to be the same. Logitech also has a 12 button mouse. If you're partial to Logitech's ergonomics, their 12 button MMO mouse might be the thing to get.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Originally posted by Steene
    Better buy a Logitech G600 it has a much better handling and the thumb buttons are way better too. In addition to that the Razer Naga will produce double clicks after some months of usage and after that time you can throw it away. Never ever Razer again.

Ive had mine for over 2 years and the only problem Ive had was a few weeks or so ago when i had to clean the laser glass thingie o.o Ive also had my razer mako for like..4? years and it still works perfectly o.o 

( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

Can't go wrong with a Naga..

Great mouse..

and your able to swtich profiles on the fly for all the games you play..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

Originally posted by Castillle
    Originally posted by Steene

Ive had mine for over 2 years and the only problem Ive had was a few weeks or so ago when i had to clean the laser glass thingie o.o Ive also had my razer mako for like..4? years and it still works perfectly o.o 

Have mine for about the same length of time and have  yet to have any double clicks or anything. On the other hand the G600 has had double clicking and the cursor jumps up and down on the screen since it came out. It's a very common issue, simply google it and you will see. My g600 and most others seem to have this issue, even after RMA'ing them and getting new ones lol. 

Go with the mouse you like but don't misrepresent things to push your favorite. Sadly I have them all, some gifts, some are from testing, some I bought. 

Edit : nvm lol

( o.o)
    (")(")

• ShiotcrockShiotcrock Member Posts: 87

I forgot about maping buttons on a mouse my G500 has two functional buttons on the thumb but I wish it had 3-4

I have a Coolermaster Storm Inferno I bought which has a few more buttons 3 fuctional thumb buttons and 5 buttons on top the top main clicks left right then two mini buttons on both sides. I haven't tried it for this game but I will on the next time I play.

Logitech's G700 looks like one of the best MMO mouses Just four thumb buttons but that should be good out there except it's wireless otherwise I would go for that.

• ShiotcrockShiotcrock Member Posts: 87
    Corsair M90 looks perfect but it's has problems from what I read plus the buttons are kinda cramped from what I read on the net.