Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7 bleeping GB update

WinterclawWinterclaw Member Posts: 28

I avoided the beta previews on purpose...

The DVD was just mailed to me from amazon...

7 gigs of data and 65k files need to be DLed, when did ANet print these DVDs, the end of the stone age?  This is why we can't have a nice internet spectrum.  If everyone who preordered (1 million users) DLed the full version of the game (25ish gigs) that means 2,500,000 gigs of data have been transfered over the interent just to DL this one game.  That seems like a mind boggling amount to me.

Update: turns out it was 2gb total so I got it dled eventually.  It was a little misleading in the beginning because the first 5% took 350 megs.  Appearently that was number of files and not megs of data remaining.  Murphy's Law and all that.

Comments

• ThraliaThralia Member Posts: 219
    suck it up.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Winterclaw

7 gigs of data and 65k files need to be DLed, when did ANet print these DVDs, the end of the stone age?  This is why we can't have a nice internet spectrum.  If everyone who preordered (1 million users) DLed the full version of the game (25ish gigs) that means 2,500,000 gigs of data have been transfered over the interent just to DL this one game.  That seems like a mind boggling amount to me.

Lol, some of us prebought it and never got a DVD, I downloaded all of it.¨

Still, worth it. :)

• muchavezmuchavez Member UncommonPosts: 199
    Do you have to load that every time you play the game for the next X number of years or just once?
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by CNUChavez
    Do you have to load that every time you play the game for the next X number of years or just once?

Duh. Guess?

• muchavezmuchavez Member UncommonPosts: 199
    Just pointing out the obvious :)
  • rob.in.azrob.in.az Member Posts: 11
    OP is right, they shouldn't push out any updates or patches.
  • fundayzfundayz Member Posts: 463
    Originally posted by rob.in.az

Win 

• Thornz2000Thornz2000 Member Posts: 135

I got FISO so did not care.

Did all the patches pretty fast.

The world we know is going away http://www.graystatemovie.com/
    Look up Agenda 21 as well.

• StalkerousStalkerous Member UncommonPosts: 92
    Stop complaining you got the DVD with 7 GB all you needed to do was to DL the remaining 9.3GB. That's because if you look at you GW2 folder the whole folder only takes up 16.3GB not 25GB.

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
    Originally posted by Winterclaw

Where do you live and what speed internet connection do you have? Here in Florida that would come down in 30 mins or less in my house.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    lol total dl didn't take me long, i got 100mb connection
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Enok4TwunniEnok4Twunni Member Posts: 207
     /changetampon
  • WinterclawWinterclaw Member Posts: 28
    Originally posted by rob.in.az

Well, if they'd programmed the game right to begin with...

Lazy devs.

(and it turns out it was only 2gb)

• WinterclawWinterclaw Member Posts: 28
    Originally posted by jpnole

Where do you live and what speed internet connection do you have? Here in Florida that would come down in 30 mins or less in my house.

I have verizon, unfortunately in my part of tampa bay they refuse to give us FIOS even though a lot of the physical work for it is already done.