Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So What Issues Am I To Expect Using 301.42 Drivers?

FuryVFuryV Member UncommonPosts: 515

My Video Card - Nvidia Geforce GTX 570

I haven't really tried GW2 yet with these drivers (301.42) although I hear they cause some issues in the game.  Are these issues guaranteed, or do they only happen to some systems?

I'm just wondering whether to upgrade my drivers or not, as my PC has literally just come back from the repair shop as I had installed the new Beta Drivers the other day, yet my PC started messing up for some reason.  I'm not putting it down to the drivers, as it was probably some other issue entirely, although I'm just a bit weary about installing any Beta drivers at the moment, incase any issues arise.

That being said, if it really is wise to install the beta drivers for GW2 which should I install?  The GW2 launcher says to install 304.79 although the latest Nvidia Beta drivers are 306.02.

Thanks.

Comments

• Cosmonaut79Cosmonaut79 Member UncommonPosts: 175
    Trust me, get the 306.02 betas.  They work great.  I have the same card and I'd say I gained 15 fps. 
  • FuryVFuryV Member UncommonPosts: 515
    OK, great, I've installed them now.  No issues so far, fingers crossed!
  • xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926
    Just to awnser your question I'm not experiencing a ton of issues. Once in a while the screen will flicker for a brief half second but its nothing major and its verry random. When it does I just restart the client once I finish what I'm doing and its fine at that point.
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    I had experienced a couple issues with the 301's and went to the 306's and had the exact same problems. My framerates are limited so I didn't notice any performance gain but that doesn't mean there wasn't any. There needs to be a WHQL driver release showing GW2 optimization soon, I hate running beta drivers.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• DrachasorDrachasor Member Posts: 2,678
    I heard people were having problems with the 306, so I'm using the 304 which works great on my 465.
  • eccotoneccoton Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    I use the 301.42 drivers with graphic almost maxed at 1920 x 1080 and i get about 50 fps with no other issues at all. I am waiting to use the offical released drivers instead of the beta drives.