Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Did head start, went back to WOW.

Comments

• WolvardsWolvards grants pass, ORPosts: 650Member
    Originally posted by Boardwalker
    I'm glad you all like GW2 so much. I don't get it, but to each his own. We'll see where the game is at a few months from now when people are 80 and all character progression boils down to cosmetics.

I'll be WvW'n with my mini guild, stopping zergs in their tracks with the most well placed siege ever seen by man. Nontheless it will be getting my SPs up so i can get my leggy weapon, and roll around WvW /laughing on the corpses of my dead enemies in my bad ass looking armor and a super staff of death.

Cause the Asura /laugh is halarious!

Seriously though, that's my endgame. DAoC kept me hooked for 6-7 years just off RvR, I think GW2 will keep me for atleast 1-2 (unless PS2 is as amazing as it seems, in which case i'll split both games time equally).

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• tv2zulutv2zulu CopenhagenPosts: 73Member
    Should have kept EVE tbh :)
  • GoldenArrowGoldenArrow TurkuPosts: 1,187Member Uncommon

WoW gamers always go back to WoW.

Give GW2 a month and then MoP hits, don't let the door hit ya ;)

• KostKost Vancouver, BCPosts: 1,975Member
    Kung Fu Panda, nuff said.
  • BadLuckBrettBadLuckBrett Boston, MAPosts: 22Member
    Originally posted by GoldenArrow

^^reads titles, does not read posts.

• TimothyTierlessTimothyTierless Columnist M, ORPosts: 2,163Member Uncommon

Originally posted by tabindex
    Don't be hasty.  Even star wars was fun for a month.

No, no it wasn't.

• LeodiousLeodious Abingdon, VAPosts: 773Member

This sounds very similar to what I have done. We are all very lucky.

"There are two great powers, and they've been fighting since time began. Every advance in human life, every scrap of knowledge and wisdom and decency we have has been torn by one side from the teeth of the other. Every little increase in human freedom has been fought over ferociously between those who want us to know more and be wiser and stronger, and those who want us to obey and be humble and submit."

— John Parry, to his son Will; "The Subtle Knife," by Phillip Pullman

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM ZagrebPosts: 1,788Member
    Originally posted by Stx11
    Well played sir... very well played 

+1 :D

• BadSpockBadSpock Somewhere, MIPosts: 7,974Member
    Originally posted by Mithrandolir
    Originally posted by BadSpock
    Originally posted by Xobdnas
    You may not be the boxy box o' my dreams, but your the prettiest park of the all.

I really like this comment.

Is GW2 the perfect MMO? No, what I would describe as the "perfect" MMO would be rather different.

But GW2 is the best themepark I've ever played and most importantly it is FUN and addictive and well worth the box price and more.

I agree with Spock??? Now THAT is a paradigm shift :)

kidding.

no really... joking.

down boy!

But yeah, agree 100% My perfect mmorpg would be different, but without a doubt this is the best themepark I have played since 2001, and it's slowly gaining on even those pre-2001.

Haha thanks!?

My MMO ideal is quite a far break from even the mighty GW2 - I don't think my "dream game" is even technically possible...

But I agree fully - best themepark I have ever played, and I didn't play themeparks before 2004 (WoW).

GW2 is (thus far) giving me the same joy of exploration and adventure and FUN as UO and SWG.

Which is very odd because it is still technically a "themepark" game.

• KanethKaneth Posts: 1,930Member Uncommon

Well played, OP.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the wonderful people who are in my WoW guild, I would also cancel. Although a number of them are slowly coming over to our GW2 chapter of our guild.

• KnightblastKnightblast Smithtown, KSPosts: 1,798Member
    Instanceheads and progressquest fans will always prefer WoW, but I much prefer this game.  I love the exploration, the self-pacing, the lack of a need to race for progress, the PvP for its own sake -- it's just perfect for my taste (and I've always pretty much loathed standard themepark gear grind "progression" endgame content).
  • rygard49rygard49 Huntington Beach, CAPosts: 975Member

Is anybody else really disturbed at the sheer amount of posts along the lines of, "I was about to flame you, but..."?

This tells me a lot about the fans of this game on this forum.

• deniterdeniter LappeenrantaPosts: 806Member Uncommon
    I'd like to see a game that's something between EVE and vanilla WoW but I'm really happy for all you GW2 fans. This is what WoW in its casualized form should have been. Have fun :)
  • RokurgeptaRokurgepta wallington, NJPosts: 2,136Member
    Originally posted by GoldenArrow

You need to read the OP instead of just the thread title.

• xxlilDevilxxxxlilDevilxx Burnaby, BCPosts: 245Member

I did the same but different games:

- Uninstalled D3

- Cancelled TSW (a week before headstart tho, I knew I will stay in GW2 for a long time)

• ThaneThane berlinPosts: 2,232Member Uncommon

(blablabla)

After playing GW2 for the last few days I went back to WOW, I logged in, clicked on account, then I cancelled. After that I uninstalled WOW, EVE, and DF. I kept D3 since it's BTP but I have 0 plan or desire to ever bother with that hot garbage again. (blabla)

i wonder if he actually noticed that gw2 doesnt have a sub :)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• OziiusOziius Baltimore, MDPosts: 1,388Member Uncommon

Sometimes life lets you down. Some times you wait 3 years for something that you watched grow from an idea, to a concept, to an alpha, then beta, then a game only to be disappointed. When this happens you have a few options, you play it despite is being sub par because you have already invested so much time into it. Maybe you rage quit, uninstall, and go on a forum campaign to being it down. Some times you go back to old games, others you abandon the genre itself. But, enough about SWTOR, lets talk about GW2.

After playing GW2 for the last few days I went back to WOW, I logged in, clicked on account, then I cancelled. After that I uninstalled WOW, EVE, and DF. I kept D3 since it's BTP but I have 0 plan or desire to ever bother with that hot garbage again. With some proper patching and additions, maybe, doubtful, but maybe. For now, it will sit on my HD just so it can watch me play GW2 over and over again. Thank you Anet, you have restored my faith in explore, crafting, and the genre again. You may not be the boxy box o' my dreams, but your the prettiest park of the all.

Why... You sneaky bastard you... Lol

Nice, I pretty much did the same thing. 

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Nooo, AKPosts: 1,781Member

WoW is an addiction.

Its not a reflection of GW2.

Its a reflection of how much someone is attached to their "fix".  In this case. WoW.

• Mad+DogMad+Dog EdinburghPosts: 656Member Uncommon
    love the OPster

• xenogiasxenogias warsaw, INPosts: 1,926Member

Sometimes life lets you down. Some times you wait 3 years for something that you watched grow from an idea, to a concept, to an alpha, then beta, then a game only to be disappointed. When this happens you have a few options, you play it despite is being sub par because you have already invested so much time into it. Maybe you rage quit, uninstall, and go on a forum campaign to being it down. Some times you go back to old games, others you abandon the genre itself. But, enough about SWTOR, lets talk about GW2.

After playing GW2 for the last few days I went back to WOW, I logged in, clicked on account, then I cancelled. After that I uninstalled WOW, EVE, and DF. I kept D3 since it's BTP but I have 0 plan or desire to ever bother with that hot garbage again. With some proper patching and additions, maybe, doubtful, but maybe. For now, it will sit on my HD just so it can watch me play GW2 over and over again. Thank you Anet, you have restored my faith in explore, crafting, and the genre again. You may not be the boxy box o' my dreams, but your the prettiest park of the all.

Heh well done good sir.

• LeetheLeethe Posts: 876Member Uncommon
    I was with the OP until he/she said they uninstalled EVE. There's...just no reason for that.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• HorrorScopeHorrorScope Norcal, CAPosts: 612Member
    What's weird is people cared and felt like you done well. As if they get pleasure in your game choices. Hell I should be the toast of the forums then, played very little of WoW on char to level. Done and Done.
  • Ambros123Ambros123 Neverneverland, TNPosts: 877Member
    Originally posted by Psychow
    Wise choice. Why pay subscriptions to other games if you are playing GW2 100% of the time. You should have deleted all of your characters in WoW and Eve to show your true support...

Thats just retarded

• AsboAsbo ManchesterPosts: 796Member Uncommon

Well said pal and kudos for typing it down to let eveyone see it too. The way subs are dropping form Wow atm it could well be down by Christmas anyway. They tried to release another expansion on the same day GW2 went up and i bet you many of the Wow players are here and not over there apart from the people who sadly are not able to afford this for one reason or another. At least all the kids can play nice on Wow now ;)

Bandit

Asbo

• BanquettoBanquetto CityPosts: 1,037Member Uncommon

Originally posted by dinams
    This sir was the best misguiding thread I have ever been+1

I dunno, I kept expecting him to move to Bel Air somewhere in the middle of the post, but it never happened.