Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Did head start, went back to WOW.

Comments

• arctarusarctarus nilPosts: 2,570Member Uncommon

Dont understand why other players will be angry if someone found the game that they enjoy.

For me i really went back to WoW, and thinking of un-install gw2.

Thats me though...

RIP Orc Choppa

• BigCountryBigCountry Charlotte, NCPosts: 478Member
    Never uninstall EvE......you nub :D

BigCountry | Head Hunters | www.wefarmpeople.com

• jinxxed0jinxxed0 columbia, SCPosts: 838Member

I like how multiple people are admitting to being easily manipulated emotionally. "i wuz angry, now i happy".

lolz

• SkullyWoodsSkullyWoods Thorold, ONPosts: 183Member

How dare you toy with my emotions

I feel so cheap

#TeamVainlash
    Why did Marceline's dad eat her fries? I mean...cause she bought them and they were hers...

• mmojunkie5000mmojunkie5000 AkliaburgPosts: 92Member
    Originally posted by arctarus

Dont understand why other players will be angry if someone found the game that they enjoy.

Thats me though...

I know some people who have a lot of trouble with GW2 because they keep playing it like WoW...

e.g. running after XP or trying to level up. don't

thinking hearts are anything more but fluff and an unlockable karma vendor. they are not. stop thinking hearts mean anything. they don't even give much rewards.

waiting for the game to hold your hand. it won't

instead:

explore, run around. do whatever you like. craft...

if you dislike your storyline your clas or race, SWITCH.

ASK PLAYERS FOR HELP or advice in /m chat and join a guild

gw2 has many feature you simply would not expect in an MMO or any game.

you can cross server trade, mail and chat

many npcs have a daily routine and start events as part of a storyline, you'll completely miss if you just rush to the next map icon. take your time, talk to NPCs and listen to them

• Requiem1066Requiem1066 londonPosts: 274Member
    Originally posted by mmojunkie5000

Thats me though...

I know some people who have a lot of trouble with GW2 because they keep playing it like WoW...

thinking hearts are anything more but fluff and an unlockable karma vendor. they are not. stop thinking hearts mean anything. they don't even give much rewards.

instead:

many npcs have a daily routine and start events as part of a storyline, you'll completely miss if you just rush to the next map icon. take your time, talk to NPCs and listen to them

It could be argued that they are doing what they like and you are telling them how the should play , rather than how they want to :)

• mmojunkie5000mmojunkie5000 AkliaburgPosts: 92Member
    Originally posted by Requiem1066
    Originally posted by mmojunkie5000

Thats me though...

instead:

It could be argued that they are doing what they like and you are telling them how the should play , rather than how they want to :)

yeah... kinda funny...

but in all seriousness: WoW drilled people to do what they think they have to since wow is so controlling.

if you don't expect you can just skyrim the game, i.e. running around aimlessly and still level up, you won't

I bet 5 bucks he thought he was supposed to do X cause that's what WoW taught him to do, it didn't work, or was boring, so he blamed the game (and not his own expectations) and left.

• NikkitaNikkita ParisPosts: 790Member
    Originally posted by xposeidon
    Good riddance o.O

Did you even read his post? best example of fans getting in defensive mode even if they percieve a slight negativity in the topic.

Bite Me

• Requiem1066Requiem1066 londonPosts: 274Member
    Originally posted by Nikkita
    Originally posted by xposeidon
    Good riddance o.O

Did you even read his post? best example of fans getting in defensive mode even if they percieve a slight negativity in the topic.

Why should people read the post's when they have set themselves on a pedastel of always being right and everyone else nay sayers :)

• kafka1984kafka1984 Chicago, ILPosts: 83Member
    Darn it I was about to unleash the flamethrower...

GG

Roll the Dice

• SukiyakiSukiyaki GreenwichPosts: 1,398Member Uncommon

Made me lol...

Bumping this thread to make WoW fanbois mad who thought they could jump on the bandwagon pretending they "quit too!".

• PsychowPsychow SF Giants Territory, CAPosts: 1,784Member

If you are going to boast about canceling and unistalling WoW and Eve without deleting your toons, then:

Man up and delete them! (But only if you are a TRUE GW2 fan...otherwise don't do it...and tell us why...)

• LostarLostar Johnstown, PAPosts: 901Member

Comes in...

*reads*

Oh. I approve.

• SluskeSluske örebroPosts: 48Member Uncommon
    To be a bit serious here, this post was hilarious.
  • BadSpockBadSpock Somewhere, MIPosts: 7,974Member
    Originally posted by Xobdnas
    You may not be the boxy box o' my dreams, but your the prettiest park of the all.

I really like this comment.

Is GW2 the perfect MMO? No, what I would describe as the "perfect" MMO would be rather different.

But GW2 is the best themepark I've ever played and most importantly it is FUN and addictive and well worth the box price and more.

• MithrandolirMithrandolir The Deep Woods, NJPosts: 1,698Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by BadSpock
    You may not be the boxy box o' my dreams, but your the prettiest park of the all.

I really like this comment.

Is GW2 the perfect MMO? No, what I would describe as the "perfect" MMO would be rather different.

But GW2 is the best themepark I've ever played and most importantly it is FUN and addictive and well worth the box price and more.

I agree with Spock??? Now THAT is a paradigm shift :)

kidding.

no really... joking.

down boy!

But yeah, agree 100% My perfect mmorpg would be different, but without a doubt this is the best themepark I have played since 2001, and it's slowly gaining on even those pre-2001.

• BoardwalkerBoardwalker Austin, TXPosts: 384Member Uncommon
    I'm glad you all like GW2 so much. I don't get it, but to each his own. We'll see where the game is at a few months from now when people are 80 and all character progression boils down to cosmetics.

They can adjust a game all day, but they can't help the issue between the keyboard and the chair.
    Played: UO, DAoC, AC, WoW, EVE, TR, WAR, Aion, Rift, SWTOR, GW2, TSW, ESO, Elite:D
    Play EVE for free for 21 days

• BladestromBladestrom edinburghPosts: 4,941Member Uncommon
    You don't get instances and achievements and pvp in gw2 but you get it in wow? But yup everyone to their own, we will also see how wow does in a couple months.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• BladestromBladestrom edinburghPosts: 4,941Member Uncommon
    Here's a test, play wow for 2 weeks but don't do instances, and also play gw2 and don't play instances- what's more fun and interesting?

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• VesaviusVesavius BristolPosts: 7,635Member Uncommon

Sometimes life lets you down. Some times you wait 3 years for something that you watched grow from an idea, to a concept, to an alpha, then beta, then a game only to be disappointed. When this happens you have a few options, you play it despite is being sub par because you have already invested so much time into it. Maybe you rage quit, uninstall, and go on a forum campaign to being it down. Some times you go back to old games, others you abandon the genre itself. But, enough about SWTOR, lets talk about GW2.

After playing GW2 for the last few days I went back to WOW, I logged in, clicked on account, then I cancelled. After that I uninstalled WOW, EVE, and DF. I kept D3 since it's BTP but I have 0 plan or desire to ever bother with that hot garbage again. With some proper patching and additions, maybe, doubtful, but maybe. For now, it will sit on my HD just so it can watch me play GW2 over and over again. Thank you Anet, you have restored my faith in explore, crafting, and the genre again. You may not be the boxy box o' my dreams, but your the prettiest park of the all.

I was about to be soooo rude!!

• TimothyTierlessTimothyTierless Columnist M, ORPosts: 2,163Member Uncommon

I thank all of you for reading, and for your kind words.

As for lvl 80 and endgame being a killer. I worry a bit, but I'm an old man with limited play time, an altaholic, and I love explore and cosmetics more than anything else in an MMO. On top of that I have a severe aversion to hamster wheels and carrot sticks. GW2 is perfect for my personal playstyle.

• MMOwandererMMOwanderer LisbonPosts: 415Member

Yup, i see what you did there.

Honestly, i recognized the OP from previous posts and knew he was a big fan of the game. Dare i say, almost fanboy. So seeing him (her?) writhe this at first made me go "WTF?".

Nice OP. Nearly started another rage storm.image

• JuaksJuaks Cocoa, FLPosts: 274Member
    The funny thing is: You dissapointed some haters who where ready to come to this post to troll.
  • tachgbtachgb SheffieldPosts: 790Member
    Originally posted by XobdnasFor now, it will sit on my HD just so it can watch me play GW2 over and over again. Thank you Anet, you have restored my faith in explore, crafting, and the genre again. You may not be the boxy box o' my dreams, but your the prettiest park of the all.

Yep. :D

• tabindextabindex Rancho Cucamonga, CAPosts: 70Member
    Don't be hasty.  Even star wars was fun for a month.