Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

48hours played, LVL 15 and i barely scrached the surface

Comments

• PoufPouf Member Posts: 341
    48HOURS of playtime or 48h since you have the game, because 48h of playtime with level 15 you got a problem, unless all you did was sPVP
  • PopplePopple Member UncommonPosts: 239
    Yeah i know..Lots to do and hooked on it..While we are having fun, the "others" are still waiting for there messiah game..lol

I retired retroactively..Haha

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    60 hours /played and my highest is 15.. but i do have a level 8, 7, 5, and 2 as well.. been crafting exploring.. helping guildys figure out how to play the game..  not even touched PVP since beta either

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• bonzoso21bonzoso21 Member UncommonPosts: 380
    Originally posted by Pouf
    48HOURS of playtime or 48h since you have the game, because 48h of playtime with level 15 you got a problem, unless all you did was sPVP

Or he's just taking his time and enjoying himself. The era of the "race-to-the-cap" MMO is coming to an end.

Originally posted by bonzoso21

Or he's just taking his time and enjoying himself. The era of the "race-to-the-cap" MMO is coming to an end.

i agree i never had this much fun trying to 100% maps in an MMO before.. so much to see and explore.. see so many doing like 30-50% of zones then moving on.. if that's how you want to play that's fine but you are missing out on a lot of stuff:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• ellobo29ellobo29 Member UncommonPosts: 423
    48hrs total playtime..... 30% of that was spvp and i spend a good 1-2hours trying to accomplish a jumping puzzle then i said screw it and comeback to it later lol
  • Mors-SubitaMors-Subita Member UncommonPosts: 517

I don't know... its really easy to blow an hour or two on goemm's or spekks or something(or it was till I realised I could port to the last platform I successfully reached). There are some others too...

Also easy to lose significant time trying to find your way to a secret that you know is there but you can't find...

Also easy to lose significant time just wandering around and listening to conversations and talking to npcs and stuff...

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188
    In 48 hours of beta I was able to accomplish a heck of a lot more than level 15. Something is definitely not right lol.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• SlukjanSlukjan Member UncommonPosts: 265
    I never enjoyed exploring as much as I do here.  It is so fun running around discovering and seeing places.  Anet put together a great game and no sub  fee. I am stoked.  I think about gw2 at work...I have not been this excited to play a game since EQ1 and vanilla WoW.  Woot! Finally!
  • AdelbernAdelbern Member Posts: 85
    Been playing since the 25th about 3-5 hours per day Im 15 but have 100% all cities and 80% of queensdale if i remember right the starting zone for humans.
  • CrazylikeCrazylike Member CommonPosts: 89
    39 hours played and im level 31. Been taking my time, enjoying the game. Exploring the zones I enter fully, doing my story quests, crafting a little bit. Havent tried PvP yet. I love the game so far.

Originally posted by Mephster
    In 48 hours of beta I was able to accomplish a heck of a lot more than level 15. Something is definitely not right lol.

got 60 hours in and highest is 15 and thats on top of the 60+ hours i put through all the BWEs.. theres a lot more in this game then just trying to hit cap

• PoufPouf Member Posts: 341

Exactly i'm at 48hours and i'm level 42. I didnt "rush" i played a lot but no to rush levels. I did crafting wich gives a lot of xp, i did jumping puzzle that always have achieves/vista/POI that gives xp, i have like 7 zones completed, so i do a bit of everything. I didnt do any sPVP tho.

So yea I played a lot, but did a lot of different things, i even spent an hour or 2 grinding crafting mats wich is slow XP. 48hours on 1 character and level 15 there is definitely a problem there. Unless you run in circle in the same map

But yea, i played 48 hours of full PVE exploration and  i'm only at 27% this game is badass

Edit :those who says there are a lot differents things to do than level, plz give example, because all things i do that arent Hearts/DE still gives me a damn lot amount of XP

• MercurialGMercurialG Member UncommonPosts: 50

I honestly get so wrapped up in the game world that I lose track of my level.  I will look down and noticed I have gained a few levels then be excited as I have trait points to use up.

At first I was doing hearts, then I was focused on getting skill challenges and vistas.  I did the Asuara and Human starting areas to 100% and was only on my 20s.  I started working on the Silvari then got side tracked and ended up in Brisban then somehow in Kessex Hills.  I just absolutely love just running around aimlessly exploring, or doing events - especially the huge monster group events like the swamps in Queensdale.  I love crafting and make a point of doing a little bit each day.  Oddly I really enjoy the heart quests where you have to click on things on the ground.  Not sure why but I do and will stop exploreing everytime to do these.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Not everyone is rushing to level as fast as they can. Actually quite the opposite from most people Ive seen discussing it.

Agree with many of the others. Im usually just a PvPer. Most PvE, and exploring most worlds just bores the crap out of me. I usually try to get through doing the minimal amount required outside of PvP. In GW2 im actually having a blast doing quite the opposite. Ive only spent a few hours PvPing since Saturday and keep getting sucked into the rest of the game. Damn you and your addicting jump puzzles!

Exactly i'm at 48hours and i'm level 42. I didnt "rush" i played a lot but no to rush levels. I did crafting wich gives a lot of xp, i did jumping puzzle that always have achieves/vista/POI that gives xp, i have like 7 zones completed, so i do a bit of everything. I didnt do any sPVP tho.

So yea I played a lot, but did a lot of different things, i even spent an hour or 2 grinding crafting mats wich is slow XP. 48hours on 1 character and level 15 there is definitely a problem there. Unless you run in circle in the same map

But yea, i played 48 hours of full PVE exploration and  i'm only at 27% this game is badass

or helped people out.. i spent a good amount of time helping new people learn the game.. also played a good amount of keg brawl.. spent a lot of time trying to 100% couple of the cities.. took a good amount finishing one of the jumping puzzles.. been gathering mats for crafting as well.. plenty of things to be doing and still be 15.. i haven't even touched PVP since beta either

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    It's wierd to spend 15 minutes doing an event or two before work but also lose hours seemingly doing nothing lol. Part of that isca new game/new systems but a lot of that "downtime" has been exploring. Just now out of Queensdale though I visited Wayfarer to play with my cousin. Haven't touched crafting or PvP yet and behind on my story quest heh.
  • Mors-SubitaMors-Subita Member UncommonPosts: 517

I am lvl 37 on my main...

Would be higher, but RL takes precedence...

Also spent significant time doing jumping puzzles and exploring...

Also explored one of the level 50 areas(at lvl 34)... Do you have any idea what the aggro radius of a lvl 34 in a lvl 50 area is???? hehehe

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by bonzoso21

i agree i never had this much fun trying to 100% maps in an MMO before.. so much to see and explore.. see so many doing like 30-50% of zones then moving on.. if that's how you want to play that's fine but you are missing out on a lot of stuff:)

I am not racing but I am only sticking around in the zones until i can see a new zone. I plan on doing this to 80 on my first character for farming etc. My second character I plan on doing 100% map completion of every map. I just want to have 1 character will full traits and crafting that I can always hop on for WvW.

• TymorisTymoris Member UncommonPosts: 158

To the OP, don't feel bad, I am 15 level too after 20 hours or so:P But it's hell of a fun game in my opinion and for once I don't feel like a rat in a maze so to speak going after the cheese.

As I see it this game has a lot of good factors going for it. It was the 3rd game for me after way too long that at 15 I have a lot of toys to play with unlike other games that at 15 pretty much it's a race to level more.

• ThradiaThradia Member UncommonPosts: 12

Just depends on how you play I guess... I have 28 hours in the game and I am only level 18.  But I craft sometimes.. sometimes I just run up the mountain to see what's up there! That's fun for me just as much as killing stuff is, which is why I don't level as fast as some people LOL

As long as you are having fun, don't worry about what level you are anyone one else is!

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

got 60 hours in and highest is 15 and thats on top of the 60+ hours i put through all the BWEs.. theres a lot more in this game then just trying to hit cap

No not everyone rushes to cap, you must be one of the "special ones" then, you know the exception above all ? Just because you don't rush doesn't mean others can't play at a much faster pace which would be normal for them. Fourty-eight hours is a lot and but you must not be enjoying your level 15 character all that much if you stopped to make alts already. Hmmm ?

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600

No not everyone rushes to cap, you must be one of the "special ones" then, you know the exception above all ? Just because you don't rush doesn't mean others can't play at a much faster pace which would be normal for them. Fourty-eight hours is a lot and but you must not be enjoying your level 15 character all that much if you stopped to make alts already. Hmmm ?

This game is designed for the first 17 lvls to be cake walks. Unless this poster was afk like 34 hours, There is no way this is possible. Even taking my time with my little brother we are lvl 23 with 10% map completion and 24 hours in. With my solo char i was lvl 14 with 8 hours. I know it slows down a lot but this guy has down syndrom or somethin. There is no i'm enjoying the game I'm lvl 15 with 48 hours even if he just explored or crafted you can gain a LvL just from exploring Lion's gate at lvl 14 and it doesn't take no 3+ hours.

• vee41vee41 Member Posts: 191
    Originally posted by Weretigar

This game is designed for the first 17 lvls to be cake walks. Unless this poster was afk like 34 hours, There is no way this is possible. Even taking my time with my little brother we are lvl 23 with 10% map completion and 24 hours in. With my solo char i was lvl 14 with 8 hours. I know it slows down a lot but this guy has down syndrom or somethin. There is no i'm enjoying the game I'm lvl 15 with 48 hours even if he just explored or crafted you can gain a LvL just from exploring Lion's gate at lvl 14 and it doesn't take no 3+ hours.

Perhaps he just did something  he enjoyed that did not give xp? Yes, it is possible.