Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Guild Wars 2: Worth the Wait

13»

Comments

• SwankdSwankd Member UncommonPosts: 243

Mason I agree with you

The trolls that are always in discussions like this, are flatout jealous of games like GW2 that receive so much hype and praise.  They become angry because of something bringing everyone else happiness.  The people in this discussion that are bashing the game have nothing else to do with their lives.  Let them get their two words in, don't fuel the flame and egg them on, and let them continue with their trolling lives.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    If it's worth the wait I'll keep waiting. :)
  • YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Evolution in MMO gaming? Please... this game is nice but it is a ThemePark at its core and these dynamic events/quests are not that different from Rifts which quickly became stale once people realised that the outcome doesn't really matter, they just lead to temporary superficial changes.

Other than that the game is a solid but standard ThemePark. Class based, TAB target based combat, crafting is nothing new. No, this is not an evolution in any shape or form.

• gatherisgatheris Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

yup - everyone has an opinion - cool

but for me this is the first game in a good long while where instead of logging in and thinking - ok, have to get this done and do that and the other thing - i'm more like rubbing my hands together in glee and thinking i get to do this and that and maybe some of this and who knows what else may pop up - pretty darn fun i'd say

and shhhh - even did some PVP last night and enjoyed it - something i just don't do

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188
    Do you actually think the staff members of mmorpg are going to give GW2 a bad review ?  For as long as I can remember I don't think I have ever seen a bad review for a mmo on this site unless it was really that obvious it was bad. 

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    Originally posted by Mephster
    Do you actually think the staff members of mmorpg are going to give GW2 a bad review ?  For as long as I can remember I don't think I have ever seen a bad review for a mmo on this site unless it was really that obvious it was bad. 

Not true.  They give plenty of bad reviews to the small F2P games that nobody cares about.  That way when the big games from the big companies are reviewed and they give them great reviews, they can look back at those F2P games as proof that they aren't biased.  

That way they can continue to not bite the hand that feeds them, but still claim objectivity.  It's quite comical.  

• IndromeIndrome Member UncommonPosts: 292
    Originally posted by krinaman

You are entitled to your opinion, I am entitled to mine.

That's the cool thing about these sites. You get opinions from all kinds of different people.

If you like the game, great.

I think it's dreadful.

Insulting me, isn't going to change my opinion.

I didn't insult you.

And as far as opinions go, they're best kept in one's skull as long as they can't be based on anything other than personal preference. What you did was badmouthing in the worst possible way just because you don't seem to like to play a game to play the game.

(Note here: I am stating my OPINION of you BASED on what I've read. That's how quickly people get opinions on sites like this and as you can see: it's not always pleasant.)

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by BethelsBoy

Mason I agree with you

The trolls that are always in discussions like this, are flatout jealous of games like GW2 that receive so much hype and praise.  They become angry because of something bringing everyone else happiness.  The people in this discussion that are bashing the game have nothing else to do with their lives.  Let them get their two words in, don't fuel the flame and egg them on, and let them continue with their trolling lives.

Oh gee so you have to play the troll card for anyone that criticizes a game you like.  Well sorry to set you straight, but the intention of a forum is to get others opinions, not label then with onerous labels.   Just for your edification, a person who trolls offers nothing of import to the discussion, just attempts to stir the pot.  I don't see anything in your comment that offers anything of import to this discussion.

As to the game, if you are just looking for fun and something to occupy your time, this is a great game to do it with.  If you are looking for something innovative and offering something different it probably is not.  It is another theme park with better than average pvp.  I am still looking for a game that at least offers as good a pvp experience as DAoC did.  This game is not even close to that.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

I knew it would be a very good game, but its even more then that, its supurb.
    Waited for this kind of mmo for a long long time, and i havent had any idea Arenanet would be kicking out this phenomemal mmo.

Big big thanks to them and i hope they get the support they needed from all mmo community's so they can keep making games like this.

If this game doesnt sell 10 million compy's within 2 years then i would be disapointed.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Hated GW1, but GW2 will be my home for a few years.