Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Casual Wars 2: rise of the dummies

Doro45Doro45 Member Posts: 6

Only viable strategy: unload all your skills & go hide and heal.

GW2 skills compared to GW1: hahahahahahahahahahaha just look at spirit bond, protective spirit, shock, gust, dshot, necro hexes omg I could go on and on. GW2 skills and no energy management is a design for retards.

PvP: sPvP is a random noob bonanza and the other one is a tedious zergest. Nice really. This is supposed to be e-sport? Like for real?

Is this what I have been waiting for all those years? Srsly Anet gimme a break.

Comments

• GamerUntouchGamerUntouch Member Posts: 488
    Got killed by a theif?
  • JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

1/10

1 post wonder...

Pardon me while I dodge you in spvp.. Counter and interupt you.. debuff your healing..

Unskilled button mashers will get rippled apart in spvp.

Unskilled button mashers will spend a lot of time in the downed state vs champions/large event bosses in pve.

• Doro45Doro45 Member Posts: 6
    I just won 10 sPvP battles in a row just for the record. Boring as fuck.
  • TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    I do agree with that having skills with no resource cost other than cooldown is "dumbing down" compared to equivalent situation but with resource cost.
  • otacuotacu Member UncommonPosts: 547

Bad trolling

Lock in 3...2....1...

• teotiusteotius Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Im pretty sure u havent manage to succes anything in GW 1 from ur post :) ofc its a zerg with randoms. What about AB's in gw1? That was SOOOO organised ^^
  • VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by Doro45

I just won 10 sPvP battles in a row just for the record. Boring as fuck.

No you didn't. You don't even play GW2, nor did you play GW1, you only looked up a couple random skills from GW1 to try and make it look like you knew what you were talking about. (That part needs work, btw.)

Oderint, dum metuant.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

GW2 skills compared to GW1: hahahahahahahahahahaha just look at spirit bond, protective spirit, shock, gust, dshot, necro hexes omg I could go on and on. GW2 skills and no energy management is a design for retards.

PvP: sPvP is a random noob bonanza and the other one is a tedious zergest. Nice really. This is supposed to be e-sport? Like for real?

Hey look guys a 1-post guy posting on our forums because he kept getting rolled in pvp!

Since I HATE, with a passion, "fanboi" responses that are akin to "You're wrong, but i won't tell you why..." I'll try to explain why you're wrong.

First, "Unloading" all your skills is indeed a 'retarded' way to handle your character as doing so makes you completely unrealistically viable. In PvP my Charr Warrior NEVER "unloads" his skills and then goes to hide. I have to pick my fights, and I have to specifically time my attacks or I'm left in a very bad place when the enemy is easily open to attack (ie: their heal is on a cooldown and are at 50% hp or below, and their invulnerability skills, if any, are also on Cooldown).

I find that I have to have two weaponsets that each have some form of snare & "get up on you" skill such as a charge/jump/pull/root/etc etc.

Then I make sure I cycle my debuffs before smacking my massive dps attack on you at the right time or i'm fubared since movement is a BIG thing in this game.

Second, there IS energy management for certain classes, and for the warrior that is Adrenaline which dictates my overall dps & burst dps should I spend it doing one large major attack with F1.

Third, sPvP (aka: battlegrounds pvp) is supposed to be random pvp ganking-of-the-face. It isn't really meant for anything special. The real pvp is WvWvW of which I recently discovered is quite fun when either no zergs are out or both zergs are of equal footing otherwise it is a faceroll on one side or the other.

Fourth, I recently reinstalled GW1 after 5yrs of not playing to get my HoM points built up for some easy unlocks. Ironically I found that GW1 was so god damned basic I almost cried blood. If it were any MORE basic I think I'd start cutting myself to be sure.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

I guess you miss the point of the game and it is not for you. You could have expressed yourself in less vile langauge and still expressed the ideas.

GW2 skill have a recycle time and you meed to control that. Also they synergy between skills is a big thing, if you don't understand them you can get an affect you don't want. That said, I find ALL of the GW2 useful. In GW1 there were many skills that were just plain useless and no one ever used.

Your viable strategy is laughable since many mobs have self-heals. The idea of dodge is to get out of the way and continue to fight. I like the fact you can run and still use skills. It is much nicer than plant use skill and move. I guess you don't like the action model - I do now that I am used to it.

I have not played PvP but it will change in the first month with servers being matched up better.

As I said, you don't like it fine - move on. I find the game a breath of fresh air.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081
    I also forget to go into detail about "resource management" as some classes are highly dependant on them (thief much?), but I'm not sure anyone is even willing to listen if they even state this nonsense :)!

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624

This is supposed to be e-sport? Like for real?

Learn what e-sports are about, then come back and apologise.

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    I did a lot of Spvp and WvWvW, i dont really like the PvE in gw2. But i start to believe that GW1 was way better game than what we have here with GW2.
  • sargey123sargey123 Member UncommonPosts: 102
    Probobly one devouver owned him in hard mode in GW1... he had healing skills ! hiding ! well he came out of the ground!
  • redman875redman875 Member Posts: 230

So are we making the argument that GW2 offers the skill complexity and class diversity and well as complex pvp mechanics that GW2 did?

Please explain in deatail how anything is complex when everyclass is a melee/range DPS with some CC and ability to heal self?  I know you all need to defend the game at all costs but lest not be misleading here.

OP makes a serious point, however poorly worded.  Just calling him a troll and rating his troll post doesnt make the issue go away either...

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by Fadedbomb
    I also forget to go into detail about "resource management" as some classes are highly dependant on them (thief much?), but I'm not sure anyone is even willing to listen if they even state this nonsense :)!

Why aren't all classes highly dependent on them?

• GamefunGamefun Member Posts: 290

Pointless thread is pointless.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by redman875

So are we making the argument that GW2 offers the skill complexity and class diversity and well as complex pvp mechanics that GW2 did?

Please explain in deatail how anything is complex when everyclass is a melee/range DPS with some CC and ability to heal self?  I know you all need to defend the game at all costs but lest not be misleading here.

OP makes a serious point, however poorly worded.  Just calling him a troll and rating his troll post doesnt make the issue go away either...

It's pretty much impossible to not make that argument as written.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Lol

Awesome topic title

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour
    I do agree with that having skills with no resource cost other than cooldown is "dumbing down" compared to equivalent situation but with resource cost.

I will second that. Resource management is an important part of skill/spell strategy, why did they remove that?

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by hikaru77
    I did a lot of Spvp and WvWvW, i dont really like the PvE in gw2. But i start to believe that GW1 was way better game than what we have here with GW2.

Thanks for the insight ....GW2 seems to be good enough to have given you enough enough reason to have made over 500 negative posts ...perhaps it's time to move on

• otacuotacu Member UncommonPosts: 547
    Originally posted by hikaru77

If you didn't make it clear months ago that you hate GW2 maybe i wouldn't laugh so hard at the "i start to believe" part. :)

Seriously :)

• GamerUntouchGamerUntouch Member Posts: 488
    Originally posted by Yamota
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour

I will second that. Resource management is an important part of skill/spell strategy, why did they remove that?

Based on cooldown management now instead.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    I'm starting to get the impression that there are alot of Trolls in GW2...and I don't mean the kind you kill.   In the last hour like 90% of the created threads about GW2 have been by people with less than 10 posts lol.
  • reillanreillan Member UncommonPosts: 247

As a thief, I do have energy management - I have to maintain full initiative in order to do ridiculous damage. (13 init, +1% dmg for each point, +10% dmg above 6 init... I try to stay full)

But it is true that I can mostly just spam the same skill over and over. I'm a sword & pistol thief... if you haven't tried it yet, it's ridiculously overpowered...

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Jyiiga

1/10

1 post wonder...

Pardon me while I dodge you in spvp.. Counter and interupt you.. debuff your healing..

Unskilled button mashers will get rippled apart in spvp.

Unskilled button mashers will spend a lot of time in the downed state vs champions/large event bosses in pve.

Agreed and then they make whiney forum posts.

Really, I been playing GW1 6 years and GW2 does not take less skill. And while some classes have no energy management others like thief do.

GW2 is indeed casual, that means that you dont have to grind for years to be competetive but it aint easy just because f that. Doing a dungeon in explorable mode takes a lot of skills as well as winning a 5 Vs 5 battle do.

This discussion has been closed.