Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is anyone else not able to log in?

CordenCorden Member UncommonPosts: 68

I was playing WvW for about 2 hours, was having a great time and all of a sudden I get kicked out of the game, and now I every time I try and log in it says it can't connect to the login servers.

Anyone else having this? I'm wondering if they're having issues their end.

Comments

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    I am also currently unable to login.
  • BijouBijou Member UncommonPosts: 145

Same here. :(

• spirus7spirus7 Member UncommonPosts: 142
    yup i was questing and baam crashed to dekstop ..cant login ..login servers ..no internet connection blah blah .. =/
  • faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940
    got thrown out of the game just by saying incorrect password any many others recieved the same error, cant log in , and gw2 pages are also unable to log in . 
  • angrymimeangrymime Member Posts: 154

was in sPvP... crashed and can't even log in..

• Lady_StahliLady_Stahli Member Posts: 6
    I can't log in either. I have not had any connectivity issues till today Q.Q

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006

From Twitter:

We are aware that many of you are having issues logging in (error 42) please bear with us while we investigate :) ^AT

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• EmerwynEmerwyn Member Posts: 70

Same here. What is worse is that I got kicked with a "Incorrect Password, please try again" and then I have gotten several e-mails with Password Change Request "we have received a request to change your password (we hope it's been you!), please click following link etc etc. If you didn't request password change ignore this message".

I'm starting to lose my patience with this game for good.

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790
    I was kicked out while queuing for PVP, and could never log in but that was 40 minutes ago.

Bite Me

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927
    Originally posted by m0lly
    got thrown out of the game just by saying incorrect password any many others recieved the same error, cant log in , and gw2 pages are also unable to log in . 

Account page went down also, which was kind of scarey as it was saying invalid password.  Thought I'd been hacked, although its come back online.

They seem a bit braindead with disabling password reset.  One can go into the account settings if the password is known, then change it.  Which in turn prevents the correct owner getting their account back via a forgotten password request.

• Lady_StahliLady_Stahli Member Posts: 6
    Ok its letting me in now o/

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    I'm back in again. So, try again.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790
    Originally posted by emperorwings
    I'm back in again. So, try again.

Nope, still not working for me.

Bite Me

• kanezfankanezfan Member UncommonPosts: 482

Couldn't log in for a couple minutes,but then I woke up at 6AM EST and didn't fire the game up until 6:30 or so. Just got my morning fix in for 20 minutes before going to work. I love this freaking game.

• sargey123sargey123 Member UncommonPosts: 102
    Oh please no ; < I am going home in 2 more hours wanna play a bit..
  • CultOfXtcCultOfXtc Member Posts: 378

LOL_ here we go again (and again)....

Anet -1

THE SECRET WORLD - PAY ONCE PLAY FOREVER - Give it a go!

http://www.thesecretworld.com/buy/

OR PM ME FOR A BUDDY KEY (need your email address).

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Emerwyn

Same here. What is worse is that I got kicked with a "Incorrect Password, please try again" and then I have gotten several e-mails with Password Change Request "we have received a request to change your password (we hope it's been you!), please click following link etc etc. If you didn't request password change ignore this message".

Patience is a well known virtue. Bookmark your post so that in a few months you can go back to it and say to yourself, "what was I thinking"? 

The game has only been out a few days. It has been posted over and over that other mmos have problems for weeks after launch. Hang in there dude!

Here is a photo of me. It will cheer you up! Don't stare at my beauty too long, you may fall in love!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    I'm back in.
  • Preacher26Preacher26 Member UncommonPosts: 381

Im going to stop defending them soon.

I had to contact customer service about an issue I encountered... lets just say worst experience with any game CS to date.

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

same here, that incorrect password error made me nervous thought maybe sombody was trying to log into my acount lol. glad im not the only one.

• CordenCorden Member UncommonPosts: 68
    Originally posted by Emerwyn

Same, I got one of those E-mails yesterday; scared me half to death.

I can't wait until Anet adds some sort of authenticator soon. I had my WoW accounts hacked twice. Those Emails make me nervous.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by DrunkWolf

same here, that incorrect password error made me nervous thought maybe sombody was trying to log into my acount lol. glad im not the only one.

Pretty sure thats just the general error everyone gets due to losing connectivity to the authentication server (which is why you cant log back into the client). Similar errors are received in most games. I get an error like could not authenticate, invalid password every time i crash in WAR.

As to the dude getting emails about password changes. Those likely arent legit, and are the phishing emails everyone has been talking about. Ignore them. Tha type of crap has existed since the internet became popular. Dont know how it still surprises people, or they still fall for them.

• DamzillaDamzilla Member UncommonPosts: 170
    Europe here.. just logged in no problems...
  • CordenCorden Member UncommonPosts: 68
    Originally posted by kaiser3282
    Originally posted by DrunkWolf

Pretty sure thats just the general error everyone gets due to losing connectivity to the authentication server (which is why you cant log back into the client). Similar errors are received in most games. I get an error like could not authenticate, invalid password every time i crash in WAR.

As to the dude getting emails about password changes. Those likely arent legit, and are the phishing emails everyone has been talking about. Ignore them. Tha type of crap has existed since the internet became popular. Dont know how it still surprises people, or they still fall for them.

In my case, I certainly havne't fallen for anything. I get WoW phishing Emails daily, don't give it another thought.

What surpised me was I did some research and found several threads on other people receiving the same emails, and they found that the link in the Email leads back to the offical GW2 website. Also, Arenanet came out and turned password recovery off because of the issue and said they're going to add some form of Email authentication soon. Arenanet and many others supposed that the Email addresses were gathered from other security breaches (Perhaps from the WoW and PSN breaches?)

But either way, I changed my password, so I probably will be alright.