Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OK, now THAT'S just wrong!

VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

So I need more copper for crafting. Running around Metrica getting what I can, I see there's an ore node in a cave full of skritt. So I go running in, ignoring the skritt that are now chasing me, make a beeline to the ore, pop a couple distracting clones out and mine the ore, then run out of the cave. As I clear the cave I hear a voice behind me...

"You ran from Skritt!"

Insulted by those barely evolved rats that don't realize I did them the favor of letting them live...

Oderint, dum metuant.

Comments

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Volkon

So I need more copper for crafting. Running around Metrica getting what I can, I see there's an ore node in a cave full of skritt. So I go running in, ignoring the skritt that are now chasing me, make a beeline to the ore, pop a couple distracting clones out and mine the ore, then run out of the cave. As I clear the cave I hear a voice behind me...

"You ran from Skritt!"

Insulted by those barely evolved rats that don't realize I did them the favor of letting them live...

So, yeah....why did you do that?......let them live?

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    That's a taunt :-)

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240

"You ran from Skritt!"

Uh-huh... let them live...

Dude, it's ok... there comes a time when we all run from Skritt... nothing to be ashamed of...

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by fyerwall

"You ran from Skritt!"

Uh-huh... let them live...

Dude, it's ok... there comes a time when we all run from Skritt... nothing to be ashamed of...

I got into a fight with a centaur and 3 others joined in, so I had to run away and I as was running away one of them yelled "You run well!"

I love the NPC taunts in this game. As well as the little voice overs you get when doing certain skills. The warrior screaming "I will avenge you!" or "For great justice!" never gets old.

• Thornz2000Thornz2000 Member Posts: 135
    Sorry, you lost me at copper.................

The world we know is going away http://www.graystatemovie.com/
    Look up Agenda 21 as well.

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

I heard them overtalking about checking Skritt for brains during one event.

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    Great story.  Maybe we can hear one for every single innocuous thing that happens to people in the game.  :/
  • EberhardtEberhardt Member UncommonPosts: 157
    C'mon, we all have secretly run from skritt...
  • VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by Ridelynn

I heard them overtalking about checking Skritt for brains during one event.

That's that asura that was talking about 'skritt for brains'? :D

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by RebelScum99
    Great story.  Maybe we can hear one for every single innocuous thing that happens to people in the game.  :/

What else are we suppose to discuss in a GW2? Oh, I know, let's talk about how GW2 is nothing new and the launch is a disaster.

*yawn*

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

For you, I just may.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146
    Glad to see the humor grom GW1 continues, my ranger when using a buff says "urge to kill rising...!"
  • CenthanCenthan Member Posts: 483
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who heard that from the Skritt.  Thought it was hilarious the first time I heard in in the Borderlands going for that NW skill point.  So many little things I hear in the voiceovers has me cracking up.  Even some of the conversations in town.  One in the center of the Asura city with a vendor saying something like "I have rights!" to a security golem.  Little things like that are just great.
  • lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522
    There's a lot of these nice little touches like NPC's commenting on your actions, named NPC dialogue or even item names and descriptions that keep cracking me up. Never lol'd that hard irl so often when playing a game. Good stuff.
  • ChaulsinNLChaulsinNL Member UncommonPosts: 182
    " Oh Skritt I'm hit!"  image
  • tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

I love the voices in this game. However, they should fix that my warrior screams about his adrenaline pumping up when it's actually falling down after combat...

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503

Why waste your precious time making a comment on it then? You could spend it playing TOR

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by freston

Why waste your precious time making a comment on it then? You could spend it playing TOR

If you've played TOR you'd understand why.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• IkifalesIkifales Member UncommonPosts: 305
    The NPC interaction in GW2 is great. While I actually liked TOR one of my gripes was that the non-quest related NPCs never talk to you. That makes the world feel stale. GW2s world feels like a living bustling world.