Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I seriously feel bad for you people

gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861

... who did not decide to buy this game. You people do not know what your are missing. finally an mmorpg that is innovative, polished, popular, is backed by a reliable dev team, a publisher willing to throw whatever money at the game at the dev'elopers whim, and has a proven business model (gw1) and still don't think it is worth even a no sub, one-time purchase fee.

Even with all the minor bugs and trade post being down people are just letting it slide because they are having SO MUCH FUN playing the crap out of this game. WHAT A LAUNCH!! Honestly, I feel really bad for the people so jaded by the horde of mmorpg let downs in the past few years that they are willing to let the game of the decade slip away. sigh.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

Comments

• trozyxxxtrozyxxx Member UncommonPosts: 249

Couldnt play last night because of the lag couldnt play the night before when the EU login server went down..

I'v seen better launches.

Still its a very good game, funny how its the little things that can really get me,

I got lost on the pvp map and wanted out, after wandering around I took a gate to Lions "something" there was this masive statue of a lion pouncing, looked fantastic and who ever did it has some real skill.

• LeodiousLeodious Member UncommonPosts: 773

Seconded.

Even with the (let's be honest, comparatively *very* few) problems, this was the best MMO launch I've been a part of, and I pre-order and play almost all of them.

And regardless of launch, it might be the most fun I've ever had in a game, ever.

But honestly, if there are still people against this game, I don't want to deal with them. I don't think we would agree on much of anything.

"There are two great powers, and they've been fighting since time began. Every advance in human life, every scrap of knowledge and wisdom and decency we have has been torn by one side from the teeth of the other. Every little increase in human freedom has been fought over ferociously between those who want us to know more and be wiser and stronger, and those who want us to obey and be humble and submit."

— John Parry, to his son Will; "The Subtle Knife," by Phillip Pullman

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

Are you seriously going to tell me that GW2 didnt fall flat on its face as every other game did at launch.

Go read the GW2 Disaster at launch thread please. The launch wasnt horrible but it was in no shape great. it was standard at best.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
    Originally posted by Leodious

Seconded.

Even with the (let's be honest, comparatively *very* few) problems, this was the best MMO launch I've been a part of, and I pre-order and play almost all of them.

And regardless of launch, it might be the most fun I've ever had in a game, ever.

But honestly, if there are still people against this game, I don't want to deal with them. I don't think we would agree on much of anything.

yeah i just realized i was at the launch for Aion, AoC, WAR, DCUO, RIFT, TSW, SWTOR, TERA, and Diablo 3, and i have to say gw2 has been pretty smooth in both stability of the game and positive reaction by their playerbase.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by Rayshe

Are you seriously going to tell me that GW2 didnt fall flat on its face as every other game did at launch.

Go read the GW2 Disaster at launch thread please. The launch wasnt horrible but it was in no shape great. it was standard at best.

3 critical issues is hardly a "disaster".

Best launch within the last few years, no contest.

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861

what disaster? i played when the servers came up at 12midnight EST friday, went to bed, woke up and played again saturday morning. sure it was down for like a couple of hours in the morning but the game played smooth as butter. disaster is a bit being much of a drama queen. more like minor bugs.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

curious where the innovation and polish comes in, as well as the WHAT A LAUNCH theory.

2 days in a row now servers down at midnight pacific time.  SWTOR, RIFT, TSW, TERA all had better launches.  And I am still looking for something that seems new to me

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987
    One of the worst launches in a while.
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

It went of with a few hickups like any mmo in the past and present will do.
    Between a few lag spikes and server downtime's i think we can say GW2 had a good launch.
    Not the best, not the worste, but who cares about that now ? :P

Heh i remember wow servers going down and up and down and up for days on end :)
    Who talks about that after many years ?

Its about when is goint to happen next what makes GW2 a growing succes.
    Bug fixes need to come, iam sure they are working very hard to get the trading post up and running.

Apart from those few hickups, i can say this is realy realy one epic mmo.

• TibernicusTibernicus Member Posts: 433
    Originally posted by Myrdynn

curious where the innovation and polish comes in, as well as the WHAT A LAUNCH theory.

2 days in a row now servers down at midnight pacific time.  SWTOR, RIFT, TSW, TERA all had better launches.  And I am still looking for something that seems new to me

This. It's a good game... but its not THAT innovative.

Well, hm. Compared to modern WOW clones like SWTOR, LotRO, Rift, WAR and all them, it feels innovative. But its still not as innovative as MMO vets are used to.

• dreamer05dreamer05 Member UncommonPosts: 679
    While it wasn't a terrible launch there were tons of people would couldn't register Saturday for many hours of the day.  All of the servers were full so new people who didn't get in at midnight etc had to wait and constantly relog just to get on the same servers as their friends.  No server queue?  SERIOUSLY?!?!  There were many things they could have done much better.  Rift had a much better launch but all in all probably not the worst launch I've seen.

"God, please help us sinful children of Ivalice.."

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

I obviously experienced the problems we all know about but they are technical problems which are meant to be fixed as soon as possible. What I'm happy about is that all core systems are in the game and working (with the exception of DEs bugging)

Despite the launch we know that the game isn't even completely out yet, most minigames have not been implemented (Or I have not reached them). We have not yet gotten the bells and whistles which would make the game really shine.

While I understand that players, including myself, are getting frustrated that things are broken we have to remember that these are not things working as intended. While they have technical issues the important thing to remember is that they are working on it and that there are even more features coming to us for free!

For the doubters - wait a while until the game is fully patched out with post-launch content.

For us who already bought it - I love this game. I can not stop playing it. Also there aren't enough DEs in the game, I want more stuff happening.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

There was quite a bit of lag last night actually, not enough to stop me playing but it was there.

@op i only got this game to play WvWvW with the rest of my guild.. the rest of the game is basically your average themepark MMORPG with quests presented in a slightly different way.. also some of the quests are the most boring i have come accross in an MMORPG..

So no i dont feel sorry for people who have not brought the game, they probally made a good choice, i was lucky and basically had the game for free as i sold somthing that came with my car.. otherwise i would never have brought it..

Also its not the game of the decade lol not even the MMORPG of the decade..

The launch was not all that good either, not the worse for sure but probally one of the worse this year..

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by Kost

3 critical issues is hardly a "disaster".

Best launch within the last few years, no contest.

Strongly disagree.

TERA had a great launch with no major bugs or downtime.  I heard TSW was very similar too.

I'm sorta sad the auction house isn't working and the party system is bugging constantly with people not showing up on my map and not being able to invite people at times etc.

lots more bugs than the other two games.

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    I bought and play this but I'm not hyped out of my mind. Do you feel sorry for me as well? It's an ok sidegame game for me but nothing more. Must be jaded too :)
  • faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940
    Originally posted by trozyxxx

Couldnt play last night because of the lag couldnt play the night before when the EU login server went down..

Still its a very good game, funny how its the little things that can really get me,

I got lost on the pvp map and wanted out, after wandering around I took a gate to Lions "something" there was this masive statue of a lion pouncing, looked fantastic and who ever did it has some real skill.

only one game in my history of mmos had failry good launch and it was rift, others including wow and most of them wich i played and i played alot had disasterous launches. this is nothing compared to some of the past. only lag is annoying but that just comes with having alot of players ingame.

I love people reading one word and thinking they know what my post was about.

please re read EXACTLY what i said.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.

• DarksecDarksec Member Posts: 13

Issues asside as I can let these slide due to it being the expected parth of the coarse.

Personally so far, i find it pretty boring and not much fun at all. Im giving it a chance considering the lack of sub and all but so far it has not instantly grabbed me.

Visually its fine but really there is nothing really new here. Hopefully will get better in higher levels but for now im cursing the over hype of this game thus far.

• TibernicusTibernicus Member Posts: 433
    Originally posted by m0lly

only one game in my history of mmos had failry good launch and it was rift

Er... and DAoC, and LotRO, and Darkfall...

Originally posted by Epic1oots

Then do other things. The game had been stable for me since early start. Was able to play for long long hours. Sure theres some things missing like ohhh a Auction House, Mail system, Lvl 30+ dungeons not working as it should, but who cares, theres so many other things that you can be occupied.

Thats why i said it was a standard launch. Majority of the game working, Chunks not, Standard launch.

Also Rift had the same ACcount hacking problems GW2 is facing right now before anyone gets on their High Horse.

Because i can.

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449
    This kind of hubris is exactly what people hate about the GW2 community.
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by helthros
    This kind of hubris is exactly what people hate about the GW2 community.

Ironic how you generalize about generalizing.

• trozyxxxtrozyxxx Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Originally posted by Epic1oots

Lag? what server were you on. I if not me my brother been on all the time unless they take server down for hour maintenance but i experience no lag. NO LAG!!

Im on EU Desolation server, its very busy but even the overflow was very bad.

Its so frustrating to have the game stop for a full 30 secs and then have people adamant that its just the overflow server then finaly onto my own server where its just as bad or worse and people there claiming its just Desolation and that the overflow is fine.

I had to give up and log, came back on a few times and by about 11pm I managed to play ok for an hour before bed.

• dreamer05dreamer05 Member UncommonPosts: 679
    Originally posted by m0lly

only one game in my history of mmos had failry good launch and it was rift, others including wow and most of them wich i played and i played alot had disasterous launches. this is nothing compared to some of the past. only lag is annoying but that just comes with having alot of players ingame.

Honestly Rift had one of the best launches I can remember.  Not that launches matter too far down the line but companies really should at least be better prepared for the amount of people they are going to be accomodating.

"God, please help us sinful children of Ivalice.."

• soulfly205soulfly205 Member Posts: 32

wow op rub it in my face man. 

it was either pay rent of get gw 2 for me x-x.

luckily i get paid this friday!