Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is server down?

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

I cant log in. is the server down right now?

I was booted with a quick password error. and now cant log in. but I remember Anet sending a server warning.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360
    Can't login either. It's a server issue.
  • yaoming36yaoming36 Member UncommonPosts: 189

Would it be too much to ask to click one of the existing threads about this?

I know it's hard to check for GW2 on facebook/twitter but there is a similar thread about this topic right on this website's homepage.

• GamefunGamefun Member Posts: 290
    The game is down for an hour maintenance.
  • azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Originally posted by Gamefun

ridiculous that I have to come to a 3rd party mmo site and read a thread by a player to find something that should be plastered all over the support page that the error message points me to .. or the forums .. if there even were forums ... /facepalm

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by azmundai

ridiculous that I have to come to a 3rd party mmo site and read a thread by player to find something that should be plastered all over the support page that error message points you to .. or the forums .. if there even were forums ... /facepalm

There were messages in the game itself. In the chat as well as right where it usually says "There is an event nearby."

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

2 outta 2 days they have maintenence at midnight pacific time.  Really bad ideas, really frustrating, sit in 2 hr queue for WvWvW and then get dropped 15 mins later

ridiculous that I have to come to a 3rd party mmo site and read a thread by a player to find something that should be plastered all over the support page that the error message points me to .. or the forums .. if there even were forums ... /facepalm

I totally agree. =]

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Twitter is best way to get info tbh.  I highly recommend anyone playing this game to follow @guildwars2
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • HonnerHonner Member Posts: 504
    Originally posted by heartless

ridiculous that I have to come to a 3rd party mmo site and read a thread by player to find something that should be plastered all over the support page that error message points you to .. or the forums .. if there even were forums ... /facepalm

There were messages in the game itself. In the chat as well as right where it usually says "There is an event nearby."

yeah, I saw the messages too, like 1 hr ago

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Determining from the amount of spam on these forums at the moment, I'd say yes, the server is down.

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378
    Originally posted by Myrdynn

2 outta 2 days they have maintenence at midnight pacific time.  Really bad ideas, really frustrating, sit in 2 hr queue for WvWvW and then get dropped 15 mins later

People play from all over the world.  Any time they bring the servers down will affect someone's prime playing time.  Midnight Pacific just gives them the biggest window to do maintenance.  Most normal people are asleep in the U.S.  East Asia is getting off work.  Europe is starting work.  

Don't be so self-centered and take time to understand why someone makes a decision.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

It was plastered ingame, by way of a system message, and also on every media outlet that ANet inhabits.

Instead, you choose to come to MMORPG.com to see what is up?

Facepalm indeed...

• etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855
    Originally posted by Kost

It was plastered ingame, by way of a system message, and also on every media outlet that ANet inhabits.

Facepalm indeed...

LOL, youre facepalming at him when hes right, i wasnt ingame, just got home, so i couldnt know its down for maintenance.

I dont use facebook, and tahts the only place it is right now, not oeven twitter, so stop being a rettard. and i know its only on fb since my ilr friend is sitting next to me with his labtop, and hes a facebook guy.

Edit, sorry for my outburst of anger btw, just got home and wanted to game....watched this and it made me smile :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QFAQif3aCXw

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2

Updated. Latest says no ETA for servers back up.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by yaoming36

Would it be too much to ask to click one of the existing threads about this?

I know it's hard to check for GW2 on facebook/twitter but there is a similar thread about this topic right on this website's homepage.

This, there is already a thread on this.

Originally posted by Digna

I was crafting in game when ArenaNet said the game will be down for maintenance for about 50 minutes, which most likely would mean an hour or so. It could be longer though.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

I was crafting in game when ArenaNet said the game will be down for maintenance for about 50 minutes, which most likely would mean an hour or so. It could be longer though.

It's up.

• etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855

god i dont understand this twitter stuff then, when i press that link all i see is the last tweet of "please fill in a support ticket".

no wonder i cant see updates on twitter then, when i apparently dont know how to use it lol.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

No ETA and it's back up (for me at least). Oh well back to the game

• Rider071Rider071 Member Posts: 318

Many people keep saying check twitter and FB, but that's not how a reputable company officially communicates. That's how children communicate, and responsible adults do not (mainly for the fact of the cookies and privacy issues, i.e. MySpace).

ANet needs to address it's playerbase via their forums. A safe site they control. Anything else is inviting trouble.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by etlar
    Originally posted by Kost

Facepalm indeed...

LOL, youre facepalming at him when hes right, i wasnt ingame, just got home, so i couldnt know its down for maintenance.

I dont use facebook, and tahts the only place it is right now, not oeven twitter, so stop being a rettard. and i know its only on fb since my ilr friend is sitting next to me with his labtop, and hes a facebook guy.

Edit, sorry for my outburst of anger btw, just got home and wanted to game....watched this and it made me smile :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QFAQif3aCXw

Its on twitter. I get your point, but honestly its not that big of an issue. I know game companies that have the official channels with less communication. ANET has always been good with communication (not something i really care about TBH but its good)

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852
    GW2 is pretty reliable on Facebook with their announcements.. The server maintainence is there..  just saying ..
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Its up for me too

loggin in now ;-D

Originally posted by heartless

It's up.

Thanks for the heads up. =]