Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MO players wondering if any feature actually works

raff01raff01 Member Posts: 453

SV seems to have taken things to yet another level in terms of bugs. Players are now starting to wonder if any feature of the game hasn't got a bug / is broken.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/what-hasnt-been-broken.77758/

I honestly don't know how SV are gonna fix this. Could awakening be the nail in the coffin for MO?

Comments

• CroniteLoreCroniteLore Member Posts: 99

lol funny,  how many time you going to say that it's RIP for MO.  Nobody on this board gets to decide that.

"In MO, even the haters are hardcore!" - ltank

No one ever said it was going to be easy.

Have a nice day too raff! image

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713
    Originally posted by CroniteLore

-Game is over 2 years old mate- The whole "nobody said it would be easy" worked for 6 months to maybe a year...

If you really think MO is doing okay and will recover- More power to you I guess, but even many of the hardcore supporters are pretty pissed that this XPAC was delayed, no Patch bugfix etc in 8 months and NOW its bugs on top of bugs and (according to MANY on the Official Forums) essentially unplayable now.

I know, I know- Small team- Give em some time etc.

Times up. Everyone pretty much has agreed this was their last chance to fix the game- Everyone pretty much agrees thy did NOT fix the game. Time will tell, but the recent stock report tells a story as well and explains why this was rushed out the door (rushed LOL - even though it was "weeks not months" away back in April)

EDIT: In your opinion, hows the population? A week after this highly anticipated and delayed Xpac I would imagine its booming- Yet on the official forum people universally are claiming its pretty dead. http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/population.77955/

So yeah, they may have gotten a quick month long bump in subs- But those people are not real happy right now and evidently not playing- Think those several returning Vets will keep their sub? Again, time will tell, But it looks pretty damn grim from where I am sitting.

• yabooeryabooer Member Posts: 97

I'm more surprised at the fact that there are still people wanting the game to die off, for what reason? If it makes players happy which it does for some, why do you still hate on a game?

You post things to try and influence others to not look into a game, but why? Do you really believe that your opinion is all mighty and deserves to be heard, do you really feel attacking the low pop will give you gratification? I mean there are so many games failing right now but you have to choose MO?

You research into a game to see that is failing and waste your time in doing so, what is wrong with children now a days? Do you get a medal for following a game and flaming it for this long? Do you receive a unique avatar for if it does fail you were right? What are you getting out of this exactly, other then  your time wasted and a possible "I was right"?

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300
    Originally posted by yabooer

I'm more surprised at the fact that there are still people wanting the game to die off, for what reason? If it makes players happy which it does for some, why do you still hate on a game?

You post things to try and influence others to not look into a game, but why? Do you really believe that your opinion is all mighty and deserves to be heard, do you really feel attacking the low pop will give you gratification? I mean there are so many games failing right now but you have to choose MO?

You research into a game to see that is failing and waste your time in doing so, what is wrong with children now a days? Do you get a medal for following a game and flaming it for this long? Do you receive a unique avatar for if it does fail you were right? What are you getting out of this exactly, other then  your time wasted and a possible "I was right"?

Pretty much everyone in these forums encourages anyone that doesnt mind much facing a frustrating gaming experience to go and check the trial and even come back here and share his/ her thoughts. That still doesnt change the fact that MO is what it is not that SV is one of the worst possible companies you might see around. And allow me to ask you a question: lets assume that you have being deceived several times by the same person and you have lost as a result time and money. Wont you raise a strong voice against that specific person so less people will be in your shoes in the future and being deceived by the same person?

• yabooeryabooer Member Posts: 97

No I wouldn't because I take responsibility for my actions, I knew what game I was getting into when I played MO, I was in during closed, open, and launch. I saw the progress of the patches and the intervals between them, and their quality. I KNEW that it would be a longhaul that would take a couple of years to even get to a point where it would be amazing with minimal bugs.

I KNEW what to expect, and if I did write a post about it I would point out it's negatives, sure, but I would also point out it's positives. I would write a review of it, not just consistently bashing it because of how angry I was. The OP follows and posts on MO as if the SV team went to his house and raped and killed his parents.

No I wouldn't because I take responsibility for my actions, I knew what game I was getting into when I played MO, I was in during closed, open, and launch. I saw the progress of the patches and the intervals between them, and their quality. I KNEW that it would be a longhaul that would take a couple of years to even get to a point where it would be amazing with minimal bugs.

I KNEW what to expect, and if I did write a post about it I would point out it's negatives, sure, but I would also point out it's positives. I would write a review of it, not just consistently bashing it because of how angry I was. The OP follows and posts on MO as if the SV team went to his house and raped and killed his parents.

Dude, SV hides the Bug Tracker away from Public view, censors its Forum  with an Iron Fist and admits to sending viral marketers here.

Anyhow, if you would like to discuss WHY some of us discuss MO (and SV's) FAILURE, please make a thread for it (it will be fun, I assure you) but lets not derail THIS THREAD. These Tactics of moving the conversation away from its intended purpouse are becoming tiresome. KK. Thanks.

EDIT: Funny thing is, as a supporter of MO you join this thread and attack the OP but dont give examples of anything which works as intended LOLOLOLOLOL (the point of this thread)

Originally posted by SaintPhilip

-Game is over 2 years old mate- The whole "nobody said it would be easy" worked for 6 months to maybe a year...

If you really think MO is doing okay and will recover- More power to you I guess, but even many of the hardcore supporters are pretty pissed that this XPAC was delayed, no Patch bugfix etc in 8 months and NOW its bugs on top of bugs and (according to MANY on the Official Forums) essentially unplayable now.

Times up. Everyone pretty much has agreed this was their last chance to fix the game- Everyone pretty much agrees thy did NOT fix the game. Time will tell, but the recent stock report tells a story as well and explains why this was rushed out the door (rushed LOL - even though it was "weeks not months" away back in April)

EDIT: In your opinion, hows the population? A week after this highly anticipated and delayed Xpac I would imagine its booming- Yet on the official forum people universally are claiming its pretty dead. http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/population.77955/

So yeah, they may have gotten a quick month long bump in subs- But those people are not real happy right now and evidently not playing- Think those several returning Vets will keep their sub? Again, time will tell, But it looks pretty damn grim from where I am sitting.

Who says time is up? 

They just patched again...

Who says time is up? 

Neaarly everyone who has ever played or tried this game out (according to their own reports) says "Times Up" and now even many fanboys are saying the same (read the official forum- although censored with an iron fist it isnt pretty)

So, quit derailing. WHAT IS WORKING AS INTENDED? There is already a thread about Patchs and the "fixes" are being posted before there even is a Patch to download - Use that thread to discuss patchs please...Oh and was yesterdays Patch working as intended? We heard ALL about what was fixed and 5 hours later the patch wasnt availible-  And when it DID (finally) go live did it fix everything it claimed? Quick on the draw to claim things have been fixed prior to ANYONE having seen these fixes.

• Fly666monkeyFly666monkey Member UncommonPosts: 161

Wait, they broke the game even MORE than it was before? Is that even possible?

I just want to ask a few things at this point:

1) How on earth is this game still alive?

2) Why does this game STILL have fanboys?

• raff01raff01 Member Posts: 453

Who says time is up? 

Its called logic.

They are losing money, they have worked months, to deliver, a broken bug ridden expansion, and according to their previous report, they were planning on achieving break even, which they did not.

Instead, they are losing subs, losing loads of money, and losing their players.

So I don't know if time is up, if you had read my original post, I didn't say time was up I asked to discuss if Awakening could be the nail in the coffin.

If you wish to see the world through pink glasses its ok, just don't say its the rest being overly negative. You're clearly in denial.

Time was up two years ago according to some people on this board.

Meduli is busy...

• raff01raff01 Member Posts: 453

Time was up two years ago according to some people on this board.

Meduli is busy...

3 years ago : its beta !!!

2 years ago : its just been released !!!

1 year ago : Dawn is coming !!

a few months earlier : Awakening is coming !!

Now : ...game is still alive and its been 2 years !! ...

Your entire problem is you seem to be looking at MO as if being "alive" was actually something to brag about...

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

the game will keep on living on life support for the time being i doubt it will end before the end of the year but i think its so far in a hole theres no light at the end of this journey anymore and it will only end in closure at some point. Impossible to dig out of.

factor in 3 months of just bug fixing and tweaking for awakening before any new content can even be started on and your look ing at at least 6 more months from now before any more content and i doubt players can last 6 months battling the bugs of awakening and still hold interest

i think players assumed awakening would be the light at the end of the tunnel but that tunnel just grew 6 months longer

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

It's almost like the game is developed by a small indipendant studio, go figure.

People should quit arguing, repeated negative posting on the forums can be reported.  There's nothing to be gained from the same individuals repeatedly posting the same thing over and over.  This is the exact same thing that gets posted after every single magor and minor patch that SV puts out; there's really no reason to keep making them. 

It's an obscene rational, in which some individuals think that they can one day point back and say "I told you so". 

It's interesting that MO is still up and running under a subscription model, while big budget developers like Bioware convert their first attempt into a free to play MMO. 

People are constantly lamenting how every MMO comes out looking just like the one that came out prior to it, and then you get a company like SV, with very few hands, and a fraction of the budget of mainstream studios, and a bunch of people want to jump on their every mistake as if they have the experience in building a game and should know better.

MO was never intended to be a mainstream MMO, it was never inteded to draw in masses of people; yet people behaive as if it's a regular studio with all the resources needed to make mainstram game that's supposed to appeal to a majority of gamers.

I come here to see what's going on with MO, instead most of what I find is thread after thread from the same few people posting the exact same thing over and over.  It's old, tiresome, and rather pathetic when you see it's the same people that have been doing it sinse MO began two years ago.  What kind of a person rages over a stupid video game for that length of time? 

• FastSlothFastSloth Member Posts: 132
    Originally posted by Uhwop
      What kind of a person rages over a stupid video game for that length of time? 

Weird, huh? Out of all games that truely suck, MO manages to suck so much and fuck so many people over, scamming them, insulting them, and disrespecting them in a way that makes them stick around just to warn others.

This must clearly be the fault of the players since the only constant is MO.. (I feel urged to point out the sarcasm at this point.)

"Old, tiresome, and rather pathetic" are postings like yours. If you don't want to discuss MO, good for you. You come here to see what's going on with MO? Hey, I've got a big surprise for you: You wouldn't know if these people weren't posting.

MO was never intended to be a mainstream MMO, it was never inteded to draw in masses of people; yet people behaive as if it's a regular studio with all the resources needed to make mainstram game that's supposed to appeal to a majority of gamers.

And btw you're making things up, like most people who come here to defend this disgrace of the MMO world. Henrik has ranted more than once about his megalomaniac views on MO's future glory and the size of its population, and he will do it again. In 4 years or 4 and a half, he sees MO "close to Eve, population wise." Source: sandboxer.org/?p=988

Also, nobody here pretends that SV is a regular dev studio like Blizzard or Bioware. Everyone knows that they're a joke and that's it. Only SV themselves struggle to realize that and continue to charge an AAA subscription price and 40€ from ever newcomer that gets fooled by their lies, hype and deceit.

This is the exact same thing that gets posted after every single magor and minor patch that SV puts out; there's really no reason to keep making them.

There's also no reason to keep making patches like Awakening. If you don't like this forum, .. don't read it? In the meanwhile I suspect everyone else will do what forums are for.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I am really confused as to why they don't give up. I'm glad they are so persistant, but it seems like as time passes they do not fix what needs fixing and if they manage to actually fix it, they break so many other things in the game. The cycle just keeps repeating.
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

MMOs are sort of like that, tbh though they have released 4 or 5 patches already in about as many days. thats quite good going even if those patches generally only fix half the things listed on them.

MO is imo not a bad game, its actually a good game. The issues with the game right now are mostly linked to the new expansion which released months early and not tested enough beofre release.

I think most peoples problem with MO isnt MO but SV the company that make the game. Personally i dont have any gripe with them nor the game. Im just a past player of the game that enjoyed my time with them but it just seems SV themselves dont learn from their mistakes and they also do things that seem poorly planned or thought out.

The game itself is struggling but that doesnt mean i dont have very fond memories of it. I jsut think the end will come.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

Originally posted by deathshroud

even if those patches generally only fix half the things listed on them.

I've never seen that in any other game or software at all tbh. I wonder if SV even realize that they are infact too stupid for bug tracking, software testing and running a test server. Or are they too stupid to realize those facts as well?

Surely they must notice that no other software product in this world comes with a patchlog full of lies and "should be fixed" phrases?

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Because some people dont want SV to be an example of that you can release a broken and terribly designed product, cheat and lie to your customer and still succeed. It may set bad example for other indie companies.

It's interesting that MO is still up and running under a subscription model, while big budget developers like Bioware convert their first attempt into a free to play MMO. 

Do you really want an answer to that or was it a rhetorical question? Bioware has more than 5 salaries to pay as well as try to get back the $200 million dollars they invested into the game. SV didnt invest nearly as much so they can take it easy and live on the little they get from current subs to pay server cost and few salaries. And I won't even go into the topic of indie vs having a publisher (EA), get real. 

Originally posted by RainBringer
    O[mod edit]

His point is still valid regardless of the spewing hate - some people DO enjoy the game.  No matter how much bile drips down the screen YOU cannot change that there are many players who have a hoot of a time playing MO.  It's fact unlike a lot of your conjecture. So you're entitled to your position and we all know the history behind MO but they are still there patching now it seems on a daily basis and REGARDLESS of the venom - they continue forward.

So give the hate a rest. It makes little difference. I'm sure you do put off people from trying the game - but there are still plenty of ppl that will give it a try and make up their own minds.[mod edit]

lol
  • StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

This shoudl be repeated around here more often.

I stoped bothering thinking about the reasons why they would do it. It just falls in the bracket  "sad peope are sad".

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

It's almost like the game is developed by a small indipendant studio, go figure.

People should quit arguing, repeated negative posting on the forums can be reported.  There's nothing to be gained from the same individuals repeatedly posting the same thing over and over.  This is the exact same thing that gets posted after every single magor and minor patch that SV puts out; there's really no reason to keep making them. 

It's an obscene rational, in which some individuals think that they can one day point back and say "I told you so". 

People are constantly lamenting how every MMO comes out looking just like the one that came out prior to it, and then you get a company like SV, with very few hands, and a fraction of the budget of mainstream studios, and a bunch of people want to jump on their every mistake as if they have the experience in building a game and should know better.

I come here to see what's going on with MO, instead most of what I find is thread after thread from the same few people posting the exact same thing over and over.  It's old, tiresome, and rather pathetic when you see it's the same people that have been doing it sinse MO began two years ago.  What kind of a person rages over a stupid video game for that length of time? 

+1

This one's even better.

Renaming my bracket to "pathetic people are pathetic."

Originally posted by StarI

+1

This one's even better.

Renaming my bracket to "pathetic people are pathetic."

It's not funny I'm fucking sick of it too - they hold SV to a standard that few if any of the bigger houses could compete with either.  This site is supposed to be for the SUPPORT OF MMO's NOT TRYING TO KILL THEM.  I mean FFS - it's like a fucking bloodsport on this board.

Eventually SV/MO will close down (I hope in many, many, many years) there will be an idiot on this board at that time saying "I told you so".  Your collective predictions of DOOM since Day 1 of launch TWO frickin YEARS ago - have not come true.

can we just suck up some of the bile for sake of one of the few remianing interesting titles out there that isn't cookie cutter shit.

Remeber D3?  How long did that last until the economy was completely fucked?  A couple of weeks?

You all seen what's just happened to GW2?

But oooh noes for some reason SV is a streaming pile. Well go fookin play GW2 or D3 and stop pissing here.

This discussion has been closed.