Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommended specs/can my PC run it with decent graphics?

thekid1thekid1 Member UncommonPosts: 789

I'm contemplating buying this, I mean this is heralded as the best mmorpg since years and a lot of stuff I read about it makes me go: "that's a good idea, these guys are smart". Although I forgot most of it since all the teaser info was released months ago. (to soon in my opinion) AND it does not have a subscription so I can pop in when ever I feel like and don't feel guilty for paying without playing.

Although I did not come across any game yet which I can not run with at least better graphics then the console counterparts (Skyrim: 1920x1080, FXA, no AA, high settings, sliders half way) I am very worried because this is a mmorpg and not a single player game which I usually play.

I can not find the official recommended specs, it seems they are not announced yet.

My system:

AMD Athlon II X2 240 2.8 GHZ

Geforce 9600 GT 512 MB

4 GB DDR3 RAM

I want to be able to play this on 1920x1080 (LCD monitor) and at least on (general, textures and stuff) high settings with some sort of shadow. I do not mind if my FPS occasionally (for a moment, not all the time) drops below 20 if it is very crowded.

Is this possible?

Comments

• thekid1thekid1 Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Bump you magnificent basterds
  • TitanGripTitanGrip Member UncommonPosts: 5

Im in the same situation.

But my prev system melted. I left it on my trucks dashboard under the blazing artic sun. When I returned the next morning it was a smoldering corpse.

True story. Do not underestimate mother nature.

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Originally posted by thekid1

I'm contemplating buying this, I mean this is heralded as the best mmorpg since years and a lot of stuff I read about it makes me go: "that's a good idea, these guys are smart". Although I forgot most of it since all the teaser info was released months ago. (to soon in my opinion) AND it does not have a subscription so I can pop in when ever I feel like and don't feel guilty for paying without playing.

Although I did not come across any game yet which I can not run with at least better graphics then the console counterparts (Skyrim: 1920x1080, FXA, no AA, high settings, sliders half way) I am very worried because this is a mmorpg and not a single player game which I usually play.

I can not find the official recommended specs, it seems they are not announced yet.

My system:

AMD Athlon II X2 240 2.8 GHZ

Geforce 9600 GT 512 MB

4 GB DDR3 RAM

I want to be able to play this on 1920x1080 (LCD monitor) and at least on (general, textures and stuff) high settings with some sort of shadow. I do not mind if my FPS occasionally (for a moment, not all the time) drops below 20 if it is very crowded.

Is this possible?

Honestly?  I'm going to say no.  That GFX card will be your first issue.  Second might be your ram.  If you're OS is XP, then I guess it doesn't matter.  GW2 is a very generous game when it comes to what can run it, but if you're also looking for okay/good FPS.  I think there might be issues in certain areas...like any crowded DE, city, or WvW.  Which is basically a good majority of the game right now.

• thekid1thekid1 Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Originally posted by TitanGrip

Im in the same situation.

But my prev system melted. I left it on my trucks dashboard under the blazing artic sun. When I returned the next morning it was a smoldering corpse.

True story. Do not underestimate mother nature.

This is good information.

Next time when I go to the beach I will make sure I leave my desktop at home.