Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What level is everyone?

Comments

• MaggonMaggon Member UncommonPosts: 360
    55 waririor :)
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• wetterfreewetterfree Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Originally posted by adam_nox

13, and it's kind of depressing.  Don't have a lot of time to play, and most of the time I'm scouring the map for some indication of where to go next.  Next heart I can actually see on the map is level 15.  Everything else in queensdale is done.    Used all my crafting mats up as well, and I salvage everything.

What the f am I doing wrong?

Are you sure you did everything? well i would recommend finding some dynamic events to do as well as running around gather materials. You can easily earn 2000 experience by just gathering every day.

Back on topic im lvl 26 and i got to lvl 51 for the huntsman and lvl 1 for the leatherworker.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    13 Guardian
    9 Elementalist

Other than wanting more abilities I haven't really looked or cared about my level. I left my exploration of Queensdale to group with my cousin in Fayfarer Foothills and was suprised to have 5 events/Hearts completed in about 40 minutes before the server went down and gained a level pretty quick.

I love the fact you can not worry about where you go as long as you are somewhere above the level for the area. I was leveled down to 5 (6?) the whole time and never noticed in drops, xp or fun :)

Anyone who sees fast leveling as bad in this game should understand that in terms of things to do leveling doesn't hurt you. You are not locked out of content as you level and getting to 80 fast actually means you have more to explore later on.

Rob

I don't think you are doing wrong. You may just be unlucky hitting DEs that pop up. Consider funding a group of people and following them around once you've hit the Hearts, points of interest, etc of the area. I know that more people can equal a harder encounter but it may also help the chances one will start. Also talk to NPCs that seem there for a reason. The hunters lodge is a good example in Queensdale...shhhhh
  • EnterTheWombatEnterTheWombat Member UncommonPosts: 112
    Almost 42 Warrior and I haven't even touched WvW yet since it was down for my server during most of the headstart. I would be in the 50s for sure by now if it wasn't for stupid work.  I am having a blast and don't feel like I am rushing or anything, just following the zones for my level and even completing the whole map each time I am in a zone.  
  • mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375
    levels 16, 11, 11, 8, 8, & 5 the more I explore the more I'm amazed, having a great time!
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    err, finding. Don't let anyone charge you for grouping :p
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Level 42 Ranger and two level 20's
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

13, and it's kind of depressing.  Don't have a lot of time to play, and most of the time I'm scouring the map for some indication of where to go next.  Next heart I can actually see on the map is level 15.  Everything else in queensdale is done.    Used all my crafting mats up as well, and I salvage everything.

try visiting different racial areas

goto your capital city - find the asura gate to lions arch - pick a racial area to visit

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065
    Level 28 Elementalist and 5 level 1s, just for the names. Been taking my time on this one. The highest level player in my guild is level 71.

• GundricGundric Member UncommonPosts: 345
    21 on my warrior and 16 on my elemental.  I had no idea that elementals were so much fun until now!  My biggest problem is that I can't decide which weapon set to use since they are all so fun. I mostly use dagger/dagger or staff but last night I stuck with scepter/dagger and I really liked it as well... 
  • Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
    I'm taking it slow. It's my 5th day and I'm 35.
  • ShotthebunnyShotthebunny Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Level 37 Elementalist, spent about 12 hours each day since launch. 40% map completion ;D Haven't WvWvW or PVP'd yet since my world dominates in that and the queue is like hours long.
  • eAzydamaneAzydaman Member Posts: 218
    Level 35 Thief. Played 36 hours this weekend during headstart, then life/work caught up with me so have only gotten 2-3 hours in this week. Level 15 pvp rank though so done alot of sPVP too.
  • ajayazirajayazir Member Posts: 108
    logged in 74hrs already.
  • kellian1kellian1 Member UncommonPosts: 237

Have a 15 hunter, 8 warrior, 8 elementalist, 5 guardian and a 7 necro

Really enjoying the game so far, from PvP, gathering/crafiting, to killing big nasty monsters in the swamps of queensdale!!

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Just 26, been taking time for the kids. Took a break due to login issues, I'm not really in that much of a hurry. Completing zones just for the heck of it.

imageimage
  • voxnorvoxnor osMember Posts: 121
    20 on my theif, 9 on my ranger. As others have mentioned here, I am taking my time. So far I do like my ranger better than my theif, so she may get eclipsed by my ranger.
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

18, 16, and 11. No excuses, just having fun :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• GraeyGraey Member UncommonPosts: 281
    Originally posted by Wrender
    Originally posted by Xerith
    42 warrior. I took the weekend off. 

Any game that you can hit lvl cap or even 42 in one weekend is not for me. That's just stupid! I know I lvl slowly but why do that especially with a new game? Hell I have been playing TERA since launch and am only 35 and loving the combat and amazing graphics as well as a really great community.

Tera has an okay community...? When did it change. From what I experienced it was not stop griefing and name calling. I don't think the leveling in Tera is any different. it was easy to level there as well.  Some people level faster than others. Way faster...me personally I go to all the starter areas and do 100% map completion then move on to the next one. That takes awhile. I'm lvel 21 and I'm only on the second map. Couple that with crafting and just finding places...that all gives you experience. Vistas as well. Pretty much everything does. Anet has stressed though that exp hits a leveling curve as you get higher.

• GraeyGraey Member UncommonPosts: 281

Level 21 now. Took me awhile. Had to work last weekend. I have the whole week off next week. Will get to 30 throughout the week to do the dungeon. However I have online classes so can't mess around to much.

I'm leveling a ranger and trying to get all the pets as well. Then probably a mesmer for pvp. A friend of mine got the game last night so I'll go do the starter areas with him and do some pvping.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178
    I'm level 37 currently,  but I find that my real achievement is that I have 36% of the world complete... as I'm going more for exploration and completion on PvE than anything else.  PvP is a different story.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

4 8 15 16 23 42

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    Originally posted by wetterfree

Are you sure you did everything? well i would recommend finding some dynamic events to do as well as running around gather materials. You can easily earn 2000 experience by just gathering every day.

Back on topic im lvl 26 and i got to lvl 51 for the huntsman and lvl 1 for the leatherworker.

I gather everything I come across. 

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by wetterfree

I gather everything I come across. 

I completed the Lions Arch city map, Norn (?) city map and I completed the Norn starting map. All Vista's, POI, SP, and WP. This brought me to level 17 without really spending much time in DE's at all.  Just remember that you're in no hurry, but if you want to hurry then the best solution is to take asura gates and do multiple starting areas until you're ready to move to secondary areas.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.