Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Now i,m starting to get annoyed

kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

ok so i purchased gw2 ages ago.now it took me a couple of days to get into it but i got there.so here is my problem..since release its been nothing but a lagfest for me on Auroura glade server i think its called(bad memory).everyone else on that server is suffering lag to the point where its taking 60secs for an ability to work..in that time your dead.

Now dont get me wrong.i do expect lag in online games bu there seems to be some sort of problem because the server is'nt maxed out.just now i logged in and all i got was music then nothing.no doubt if i stay up til 2-3am lag wont be a problem.

Are any of you guys having this problem ? if not..have you got any suggestions on what to dobecause this is annoying..i dont know if its because loads are in 1 area or not,but should'nt the game cope with that after all the stress tests.

Comments

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181
    Try reading other threads.
  • KawotaKawota Member Posts: 16
    I only have lag when it's expected (over 20 players around), and I heard no complaints on my server. If many players on your server experience such lags, I suggest you go to another server while it's free.
  • kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Originally posted by Kawota
    I only have lag when it's expected (over 20 players around), and I heard no complaints on my server. If many players on your server experience such lags, I suggest you go to another server while it's free.

thnx..maybe an idea..some did mention doin that but i thought it would settle down by now.

• Preacher26Preacher26 Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by kevjards
    Originally posted by Kawota

thnx..maybe an idea..some did mention doin that but i thought it would settle down by now.

Ive been in huge WvW battles with all 3 servers present, running on max settings and have had little to no lag.

I would think about trying another server or taking a look at your system.. maybe you need to tweak some settings or upgrade.

• IkifalesIkifales Member UncommonPosts: 305
    NY server has been really good as far as lag goes. You can server transfer for free if it dies not get better for you soon
  • IkifalesIkifales Member UncommonPosts: 305
    My* server...can't edit my first post on my phone.
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Preacher26
    Originally posted by kevjards Originally posted by Kawota I only have lag when it's expected (over 20 players around), and I heard no complaints on my server. If many players on your server experience such lags, I suggest you go to another server while it's free.
    Ive been in huge WvW battles with all 3 servers present, running on max settings and have had little to no lag.

I would think about trying another server or taking a look at your system.. maybe you need to tweak some settings or upgrade.

It would not be on his end. Clearly its a latency issue, There is nothing to upgrade.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• liquescentliquescent Member UncommonPosts: 145
    All US servers are based in Texas.
    Originally posted by Nitth

It would not be on his end. Clearly its a latency issue, There is nothing to upgrade.

Other than their ISP, modem, router, or network card, perhaps.

My money's on ISP as that seems to be the common denominator atm.

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332
    Originally posted by darwa

Or it could be GW2.

Arenanet have already said they are aware and workign on the issue.

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2

Originally posted by Atlan99
    Originally posted by darwa

Or it could be GW2.

Arenanet have already said they are aware and workign on the issue.

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2

No issue here, and that's my point ;)

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

I haven't seen a hint of lag on Jade Quarry, and that's not exactly a low population server.

I would like to know where the log in server went... anyone seen it?

Oderint, dum metuant.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    Originally posted by Volkon

I haven't seen a hint of lag on Jade Quarry, and that's not exactly a low population server.

I would like to know where the log in server went... anyone seen it?

Only lag I experienced in JQ was when I didnt notice steam downloading a 6gb file. 

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    ok call me the idiot but at least i,m honest..so wondering why the fuck this game would'nt play..for once i took my headphones off,dont know why but i did..and my gfx card was making an almighty racket..so on further investigation when opening the base unit up i found my repair guy had'nt put the gfx card in properly..not only that the damn thing was clogged up..so cut a long story short my pc needed a good clean and the card put in properly..Game is running fine now..but tyvm for all suggestions,much appreciated.