Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 has exploiting issues

13»

Comments

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

For the first time in an mmorpg I feel no hurry to level. Gosh it feels good. In games like Aion where everyone was botting to hit cap and it DID matter if you hit cap ASAP. Not in this game :D Were all level 80 in pvp already. Can baby step the PvE and get the full enjoyment from it :D

I tend to avoid dynamic quests and stick to heart quests. Less xp? Sure. I think my grind will scale well with my completion % of the pve game aspect though :D I know imma be clearing all the 1-15 lvl zones ASAP :D

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• darkehawkedarkehawke Member Posts: 178
    Originally posted by Syno23
    Dynamic Events give too much XP and hearts are worthless. I don't understand why all events aren't equal. I'm level 45 still leveling on a 15 zone. Exploits.

working as intended.

would not want them to change, i tend to play more then my friends, i appreciate being able to play with them when they come on

Currently playing- SWG PreCU & GW 2
    Have tried WoW, AoC, & Vanguard, SWG:NGE, GW, LOTRO & SWTOR
    Best MMO: SWG
    Worst MMO: SWTOR

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Its funny seeing how little people know about the game, that when things are working exactly as they said they would, people think its an exploit. You get scaled to level in whatever area you are in. Youhave a SLIGHT advantage, but its still nearly as tough as if you were at that level, and rewards also scale to match your real level so that the leveling curve is flat. Exactly as they said it would be from the start.

If you wantt o bore yourself to death sitting in one area farming until 80, feel free. But youre missing a whole lot of much more fun stuff out there.

• JZeroVNJZeroVN Member Posts: 46
    Originally posted by SuprGamerX
     Gotta hand it to NCSoft , when it comes to boring grinding MMO's , they deliver!   GW2 , what a joke.   And here I thought STO was the easiest game ever to level up in , I'm now wrong thanks to GW2.   And for those that thinks that a MMO these days isn't about leveling up and grinding end game stuff , boy are you sure wrong.  MMO's has lost meaning in the fantasy department YEARS ago , and it's not GW2 that is going to bring it back , not with everyone hitting level cap inside of the first week of release.   Good thing I haven't wasted 60$.

:)  Hitting level 80 fast is fine, not hitting it fast is fine.  If you watch the dev video about end game it talks about how end game begins at 1 and the reason is you can go to any zone at any time and be level adjusted (as someone already mentioned in this thread).

So if someone rushes to 80 they haven't "missed" anything.  They can still go back and do any part they want and have it be nearly the same challenge it would have been if they had done it "in order" as some here seem to think everyone should do or they are "playiing wrong" .

To me that may be the greatest thing GW2 has added.  Leveling speed doesn't matter (or shouldn't) except to the individual.  I honestly don't think ANET much careS if there are half the people at 80 quickly (as long as it wasn't due to bugs/exploits because they do want the game to work correctly according to their design).

• tyfontyfon Member UncommonPosts: 240

Heh, I just randomly walked into a DE now where there were maybe 50 people shooting at random (seems to have auto fire even when there are no mobs).

The DE keeps spawning back to back and 90% of those that were there were far beyond the DE's level. How sad :p

This is in asuraland btw.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Syno23
    Dynamic Events give too much XP and hearts are worthless. I don't understand why all events aren't equal. I'm level 45 still leveling on a 15 zone. Exploits.

Is this an intentional troll post? You are meant to get your XP from events, not heart quests. Heart quests are just a newbie introduction to dynamic events and a nice way to get upgrades by unlocking the karma vendor....

• LucioonLucioon Member UncommonPosts: 819
    Originally posted by kaiser3282

Its funny seeing how little people know about the game, that when things are working exactly as they said they would, people think its an exploit. You get scaled to level in whatever area you are in. Youhave a SLIGHT advantage, but its still nearly as tough as if you were at that level, and rewards also scale to match your real level so that the leveling curve is flat. Exactly as they said it would be from the start.

If you wantt o bore yourself to death sitting in one area farming until 80, feel free. But youre missing a whole lot of much more fun stuff out there.

I just dinged 40, and I fight the mobs at level 20 the way that I did when I was 25 at that level 20 zone, I can still get hit hard if I didn't watch what I am doing especially with Veterans. But I am more comfortable because I have higher boosts on my gear since I am an Armorsmith, I have higher upgrades and stronger traits. 

This is definitely a game where I will have to watch where I am and what I am doing. I am just so amazed that at level 40 I can walk into a champion at level 20 zone and it will be a fight for my life. That is just fun 

Life is a Maze, so make sure you bring your GPS incase you get lost in it.

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Originally posted by Atlan99
    Originally posted by Master10K
    Originally posted by Atlan99
    Originally posted by Kaledus
    It surprises me that no one has mentioned crafting as a way of getting XP.. From what I heard, you get a crapload from it. After all, the first level 80 spotted was a crafter if that wasn't obvious. xD

Which makes me seriously wonder the real reason is that the Trading Post is down. 

Actually ArenaNet has cited crafting as a legitimate method of levelling... not an exploit.

Yes but maybe they don't want a bunch of 80's in the first couple days. Unless you have guild feeding you, crafting will be difficult without the Trading Post.

Having the trading post down also puts more importance on trading gems for gold.  just saying....

• mmoluvammoluva Member UncommonPosts: 323
    While playing Mechwarrior Online my other machine just hit level 23 playing Guild Wars 2 non-stop since yesterday.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Originally posted by mmoluva
    I logged in for the first time today and I've been macroing at a level 3 frog Dynamic Event.  I will stay here until level 80. 

Nice worth of your money to play a game lol, i prefer playing the game instead of becoming macro polo.

Some gamers..........if you can even call them gamers -_-

• mbolmembolme Member Posts: 48
    These things aren't exploits. Level how you want. If you like doing the same thing over and over, fine. To each their own.
  • Originally posted by mbolme
    These things aren't exploits. Level how you want. If you like doing the same thing over and over, fine. To each their own.

/agree

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765
    Originally posted by mmoluva
    While playing Mechwarrior Online my other machine just hit level 23 playing Guild Wars 2 non-stop since yesterday.

This person's posts are the best on the forums.

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• reillanreillan Member UncommonPosts: 247

There are honest-to-goodness exploits. There's one in a lvl 55 zone that shall remain nameless, and involves little more than a click... A guy got to lvl 80 in 27 hours using such an exploit.