Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I normally don't complain, but worst communication ever.

Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

Anet seems to be going out of their way to keep players in the dark. Still no official forums, they are constantly patching without any notes, trading post has been down for 5 days now without any word(at least not that i've seen).And now mail doesnt work either, so there is effectively no way to trade between players.

I checked their Twitter but that just seems full of players looking for tech support(since there  are no forums) and the twitter response sending them to contact support. Facebook just seems to have pictures of cake and posts about launch parties.

I really don't normally complain, but I just thought it was worth mentioned that i've played many MMOs at launch and never has one left their players so in the dark about major features being turned off.

Comments

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Don't worry, I believe you don't complain....

• Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360
    They over simplify things and it has become an issue.
  • DeolusDeolus Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Twitter is their first line of communication.
  • PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by Deolus

Do we have to have a Twitter account to keep up with their announcements? I don't use Twitter so don't know the answer to this.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Facebook link for the mail system maintenance. https://www.facebook.com/GuildWars2/posts/10151096858459209 

I do agree with this feeling of weak communication though, there are no official forums and the GW2 Wiki still isn't working fine, plus it doesn't have some kind of dev tracker or tracks game updates. It still isn't the worst communication though, they do what they can through Twitter, Facebook and Reddit, it's just not communication I'm used to.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Not sure where youre looking, but I have their twitter up and it clearly states they are taking the mail down temporarily.
  • DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181
    Originally posted by Psychow

Do we have to have a Twitter account to keep up with their announcements? I don't use Twitter so don't know the answer to this.

Nope, though it may make it easier.

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2

OP: You mean best communication ever, right?

• ShubawkssShubawkss Member Posts: 55
    They've been consistently posting updates on Twitter and Facebook - you know, that thing the other 90% of the world uses, and you are trying to be #1 against? Yeah, that thing - yous hould try it sometime.
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Fendel84M

I really don't normally complain, but I just thought it was worth mentioned that i've played many MMOs at launch and never has one left their players so in the dark about major features being turned off.

theyve been making announcements w FB

this was posted on Sunday

https://www.facebook.com/GuildWars2/posts/10151089295654209

Hi Guild Wars 2 players, here is a list of the ongoing issues that are being worked on by our teams right now.

Our number one priority at present is to fix issues that are preventing players from accessing the game. Issues resulting in error code 7, error code 21, error code 58 and error code 1038, all have answers at the following link http://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8994.

Anyone experiencing issues with error code 42 should wait a few minutes and try to reconnect to the game servers, as this issue is known and related to connectivity.

Players experiencing error codes 9 or 45, please contact costumer support at your earliest convenience. http://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/ask/

We are also aware of some players receiving errors resulting in code 1032 that is related with world transfer operations. These transfers are working but experiencing some delays, please refrain from trying to transfer if you are currently able to play. We also have a team working on this issue as a priority.

Other issues that are being solved are those related with the trading post system, guild issues and party issues on overflow servers. All of them are being looked over by our teams and we will update you when there is new information about the status of the issues.

Thanks everyone for the comprehension! ~DO
  • Mors-SubitaMors-Subita Member UncommonPosts: 517

And now mail doesnt work either, so there is effectively no way to trade between players.

They announced this earlier via twitter and facebook, and I think on the news page when you first start to log in. They were taking the mail down temporarily. I believe they said 3 hours.

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

Yep, twitter and facebook seems to be the main source of comunication from them. Twitter seems to be the best since several times they post a quick answer there that doesn't go to facebook, but basically anything that's posted in facebook goes to twitter as well.

To a lesser extent you can check the guildwars 2 subreddit ( http://www.reddit.com/r/guildwars2 ) chances are anything important will be posted there. Plus they do post there ocasionally, like that now famous thread where people asked why they were banned.. followed by some public shaming of some of them when apropiate.. :)

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by darwa

This is kinda ridiculous TBH. One is now expected to scoll through reems and reems of tweets to find an "Oh by the way" message from them?

Come on! I don't live on GW2's Twiiter page. I'm not going to see these.

• EberhardtEberhardt Member UncommonPosts: 157
    Anet has the best communication with their communit that I have ever seen. Seriously, I've played plenty of MMO's in the past and when things happen they simply tell us "Were working on it" and then leave us be for a month. Anet is giving us updates on their twitter and facebook every 5 minutes or so...It's pretty awesome. A whole-nother level of interconnectivity between player and dev.
  • kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    damn and they didnt have my favourite error code 37
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

This is kinda ridiculous TBH. One is now expected to scoll through reems and reems of tweets to find an "Oh by the way" message from them?

i dont bother w their twitter

but i do visit the GW2 FB page daily to check for updates

https://www.facebook.com/GuildWars2

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

I agree that communication is rather weak at the moment, which is very bizarre and surprising considering their communication throughout the game's development process was one of Anet's strongest points, IMO.  They had one of the most transparent, insightful development processes ever.  I practically felt like I was a member of the dev team.  Now I have no idea what's going on.  

I do hope they feature frequent patch notes in the future.  I think every fan appreciates documentation of changes/improvements.  If nothing else it can demonstrate that the developer knows what's going on and enhance player trust.  In its absence, only the opposite can occur.  

• EberhardtEberhardt Member UncommonPosts: 157

You don't have to live on their twitter page nor is anyone asking you to scroll through reems of stuff. It really requires little effort to just add them on fb or follow them on twitter. You know that thing that 90% of the world uses? It's smart on Anet's part to do that as it makes things easier since everyone and their grandmother(literally) has a facebook page. Also if your FB/Twitter is linked to your android phone or iphone then you get that "do do do" or whatever noise my phone makes everytime Anet says something worth hearing.

• ClobClob Member Posts: 130
    With over 7 years of experience with ANet I can assure you that they are good with their game related communications.  New builds (patches) for GW have always been detailed on the official wiki nearly immediately.  We're on day two only of official launch so it's gotta be hectic around their building.  When everything settles down and in it will be better.
  • jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643

Having a million plus people playing your game with no in-game support, no phone number to call, no forums, no live chat on your website is a big setback for a MMORPG.  Especially one as huge as GW2 is.  They should of known what was coming and been better prepared to handle the massive influx of players/support tickets.  There's no defense for it.  none.

Third-Party social networking sites as the main resource to communicate with your customers is not acceptable.

That said.  The game is awesome.  Love WvW.  IMHO - I accept that I'm on my own (at least for a few days) if I have a major issue, that's what you get with a no sub MMORPG.  

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by Shubawkss
    They've been consistently posting updates on Twitter and Facebook - you know, that thing the other 90% of the world uses, and you are trying to be #1 against? Yeah, that thing - yous hould try it sometime.

"90% of the world"?... For what value of "world" are you speaking? ^^  They don't have official forums, because they cost so much to maintain, and almost always end up like Mos Eisley space port ( a "wretched hive of scum and villainy")... ^^

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Eberhardt

You don't have to live on their twitter page nor is anyone asking you to scroll through reems of stuff. It really requires little effort to just add them on fb or follow them on twitter. You know that thing that 90% of the world uses? It's smart on Anet's part to do that as it makes things easier since everyone and their grandmother(literally) has a facebook page. Also if your FB/Twitter is linked to your android phone or iphone then you get that "do do do" or whatever noise my phone makes everytime Anet says something worth hearing.

It's better than nothing, But I don't want GW2 on my facebook, and the OP said it wasn't on their facebook page.

What's the issue with haveing announcement s on the home page?

Originally posted by Wraithone
    "90% of the world"?... For what value of "world" are you speaking? ^^  They don't have official forums, because they cost so much to maintain, and almost always end up like Mos Eusley space port ( a "wretched hive of scum and villainy")... ^^

They do have official forums.  They just don't have it open for launch.  I guess there's some 'issues' they need to work out with that too.

It's better than nothing, But I don't want GW2 on my facebook, and the OP said it wasn't on their facebook page.

What's the issue with haveing announcement s on the home page?

Better question is how did the CS team not see this coming?

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

I'm sorry, its not right that they should expect their users to look to a third party website for basic news and information. I always check the login news and said nothing about the mail being down.

I do use facebook btw and twitter(though not much). I just didn't see any info you seemed to have found.

If you're fine with getting all your info on FB and Twitter, thats fine. I don't think its right but to each their own. I was just voicing my personal opinion.

If you're fine with getting all your info on FB and Twitter, thats fine. I don't think its right but to each their own. I was just voicing my personal opinion.

i dont think its a good method

but its something until their website resolves its issues