Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So what bothers you about this game?

Comments

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

I love this game however I've found maybe 2 or 3 cons.  Crafting is my number one.  It's a PITA for various reasons and just doesnt' grab me the way the rest of the game does.  Number 2, and many may not agree with me on this one, the dungeons are extremely hard.  To the point of I'm not sure I want to run them anymore after running the Story Mode for Ascalon Catacombs.  We must have died 10 times or more on one boss fight and just kept running back to the fight to finally widdle the boss down.  Very unfun and beyond "challenging" in my opinion.  There is a fine line between fun challenging and frustrating challenging.  So far, it's just been frustrating.  

My last point is a pro and a con, it's a mix.  The game can feel chaotic at times and this can be fun but at other times, specially when one is getting tired, one wants the option to wind down and maybe do something relaxing.  Bit tough to do that in GW2.  

That's about it.  The pros far outweigh the cons and this game is just fantastic.  Back I go, weeeeee!

• ZhauricZhauric Member UncommonPosts: 292
    So far the only thing that has bothered me is the overflow server. While I rather play than wait in a que the amount of times I'm tossed in an overflow is making it difficult to get with friends and others at times. I'm sure things will even out over time eventually so I am just being patient and waiting. Otherwise I have no issues thus far. The game is actually running better than it did during beta for me and everything else has been on point. I have ran into any bugs and only Sunday did I have some dc'ing issues that they obviously cleared up.
  • xDayxxDayx Member Posts: 712

-both free and follow camera is odd

-no first person

-no dueling a guildmate in pve world

-crafting other than discoveries is run-of-the-mill

-no housing

-CC is too short and there arent 'persistant' abilities( ability to 'stay' in stealth until you want).

-the constant server overflow messages.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    I hate the voice acting.  It's just way too cartoonish, like badly dubbed anime.  I wish they'd taken it more seriously.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• KrytycalKrytycal Member Posts: 520
    Originally posted by thamighty213
    Originally posted by Krytycal

Here's the list of things that bother me:

• Which brings me to my next point, this game has very little emphasis on the individual player. Which is a good thing or a bad thing depending on your preferences, it is a bad thing for me because I prefer real small group stuff (i.e. 4 players) where actions by a single player can either save or doom the group.

I agree with the rest of your points aside this one,   the right build and provided the event isnt a zerg can feel really nice.    I know my pet and I with our very medic based spec can really make a difference with search & rescue on the pet and my heavily enhanced AOE regen.    I've lost count of the amount of times wipes have come close for me to save the day.

Oh I agree, you feel like you can do some truly amazing stuff in smaller groups. Which is why my favorite part of the game is actually the 5vs5 tournaments. The problem is you have to go out of your way to do small group stuff. At least on my server most of the DEs and WvW are nothing but massive zergs where you feel like you could go AFK and it wouldn't make a difference.

I just wished GW2 placed more emphasis on small group activities where you feel like you're actually making a difference. Hoepfully things might change when the servers settle down a bit. We'll see.

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793

So far:

• Crashed a few times. Not a big deal.
    • Not a huge fan of the default controls. I will definitely need to tweak them a lot.
    • Some VO actors are much better than others. Again, not a big deal.
    That's about it from my 2 hour experience. No dealbreakers yet!

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    What bothers me the most is that I can't smoothly participate in the World vs World, which was the main reason why I wanted to play the game to begin with. 
  • JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880
    I was defending the trading post being down at first but quite a while has gone now and it is starting to really frustrate me.
  • Originally posted by tyfon

I f***ing hate the camera movement.

The person responsible for this should be fired immedately.. I'm not sure why it hasn't been picked up in beta, but it is absolutely horrible. Not only the turning but the zooming and coliding with objects in the world. I have lost count of how many times I've fallen down trying to get a vista due to this.. grrr..

What's wrong with the camera turning?

• Grimlock426Grimlock426 Member Posts: 159

The grouping/overlow server situation is driving me nuts!  Yes, I get it, I like being able to log in and play, as opposed to waiting in a queue, but damn it, EASE of grouping was supposed to be one of the real bright spots in this game.  So far, grouping has been the most frustrating experience I've had in any recent MMO.

I admit that part of the problem is that my wife and I are casual players and only get an hour or so each night to play, so when we're messing around for 30 minutes, like we did last night, trying to get paired up in the same zone and server, it's NOT fun!

We actually had another friend so it made it all the harder to get all three of us in the same spot.  We tried all kinds of tricks.  We tried each of us logging out and back in.  We tried all zoning into the same zones or took turns zoning out then back in, but never did manage to get all 3 together at one time.  We could manage 2 at a time, but not all 3.  VERY FRUSTRATING!

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Vhaln
    I hate the voice acting.  It's just way too cartoonish, like badly dubbed anime.  I wish they'd taken it more seriously.

A.Net put money into art and content not in acting. If you want play TOR.

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

I really love this game but there's some things... I am nit picking with some though :)

and I know chances of a lot of these are slim to none, btu I'm just tossing the mout there :)

1) I can't wait for the trade post to be fixed. I can't believe that it has gone this long actually. I'm sure it's top priority for them, and I hope it happens fast now that we're officiallt into retail launch.

2) I want to be able to use furniture. I know I can simulate it.. but it doesn't look right. I wish we could click a chair and use the chair, etc...

3) I really miss Rift's AoE looting

4) I would love the ability to craft directly out of the crafting bank without bringing the stuff out into my inventory first.

5) I know you can pluck fish out of the water, and it looks great when you do it, but I want proper fishing.

6) Auto boat rides for those who enjoy it. I am a sucker for boat rides in mmorpgs. Long boat rides. make them an option, but they really add to the flavor for me, especially in a game with underwater content! I loved riding the ships in EQ1 and jumping off in the middle of nowhere and exploring the ocean!

7) Player owned boats. I love these too.

8) darker nights. I can drop gamma but I dont really want darker days.. just nights

That's all I can think of at the moment, I'm sure there's more though... tired as hell right now.

edit!

9) I want a first person view. I will almost always play from this viewpoint if available, especially in dungeons. I prefer proper 1st person animations too, but I'll take just a camera on my forehead over none at all.

10) I drive with the mouse most times in mmo's and use my keyboard for skills. But you can not zoom in and out in this game while driving with the mouse. You can in almost every other popular mmorpg, but not here. I hope they change that.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    Originally posted by botrytis

Why would you come into a thread like this and get all defensive?  I've said nothing but good things about GW2, but this is one thing that bugs me.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• KrytycalKrytycal Member Posts: 520

Why would you come into a thread like this and get all defensive?  I've said nothing but good things about GW2, but this is one thing that bugs me.

Indeed, especially when you consider that games like TSW got voice acting mostly right with a fraction of what SWTOR spent. There's really no excuse for poor voice acting/writing in newer AAA MMOs. Just like there's no excuse for poor gameplay or any other major features for that matter. 

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790

Because you are not allowed to say anything negative about GW2 even if it is something so trivial. Doesn't matter whether you enjoy others aspects of GW2. If you don't love GW2 100% and say it is flawless you will get reactions like these.

Bite Me

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by Sixpax
    Originally posted by tyfon

The person responsible for this should be fired immedately.. I'm not sure why it hasn't been picked up in beta, but it is absolutely horrible. Not only the turning but the zooming and coliding with objects in the world. I have lost count of how many times I've fallen down trying to get a vista due to this.. grrr..

Apparently some people dont realize theres a turn sensitivity setting. saw a couple complaints about it like "its sooooo slow"... its slow as hell in most games if you dont turn it up some.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Vegetto

Ahh excessive zoning and sharding, always kills it for me. That on it's own is often enough for me to step away and not try it, think it's why i didn't even touch the first.

That part actually depends on how you play. The personal storyline is indeed really instanced up (and frankly the weakest point of the game), ignore it.

If you then dont have to run in and out of the main town or zone jump you can easily spend 8 hours without zoneing a single time. The zones are huge compared to most games so it doesnt really bother me that much while I play. 

If you as a player must constantly move between zones it will probably be really annoying but I dont see why you must.

I usually drop into town every 4 or 5 hours to do some crafting and usually teleport directly if I am outside the starting zone but it is frankly not that annoying, particulrly compared to games like EQ2 and AoC were I zoned at least one time every 30 minutes.

• Originally posted by kaiser3282
    Originally posted by Sixpax
    Originally posted by tyfon

Apparently some people dont realize theres a turn sensitivity setting. saw a couple complaints about it like "its sooooo slow"... its slow as hell in most games if you dont turn it up some.

Yeah that's why I asked... most PC games don't give you the option of adjusting it so I can understand not knowing it's there.  Also, I really wish someone who's having issues with the camera could personally show me what the problems are because I'm at a complete loss.  I don't have any trouble whatsoever with turning, zooming, "coliding with objects" (??), field of view, etc.  I really would like to understand what they are seeing/feeling.

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

A few things do bug my about this game:

1) The join in function that allows you to join your party members in the same overflow or main map is annoying.

2) I kinda wish that some classes had more variety in their weapon selections

3) WvW is great fun, only when you can get into it, which takes a very long time because of population limitations

4) I wanted more unique classes like the memer

5) This morning I just tried play my ranger for a little bit and one of the DEs in the starting area were bugged, this ofcourse normally wouldnt bother me... except for the fact that the waypoint became contested and I could not use it.

There are others but thats good for now.

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

I can agree with most of the gripes of the OP except crafting.  I like that you can't just automatically level your crafting just by using the materials you naturally gather while leveling.  The limiting factor tends to be the blue materials used to create insignias which determine the type of stats on the gear, and this is meant to stimulate the economy (assuming the AH is working.)  With a functioning AH, those who aren't crafting much will be able to sell things like blood and venom sacs for a good deal of gold, and those who are crafting will have sufficient supplies for their crafts.

I also have some serious criticisms about poor gameplay design of parts of explorable mode dungeons I've played, but I'll save that rant for another time.  

For the most part, however, my impressions of the game are overwhelmingly positive.  I'll try to wrap up all my criticisms and praises in a lengthy full review eventually.   

• eldariseldaris Member UncommonPosts: 353

What I like until now :

- asura engineer personal story line
    - engineer class
    - the fact you get max lv to be able to pvp
    - graphics
    what I don't like :
    - music is nothing special ,i was expecting something better from Jeremy Soule
    - DE and heart quests deliver even less interesting story than typical quest based mmos
    - zoning,traveling by portals
    - lack of factions and of enemies in the world
    - lack of mounts
    - tall races seem to move in slow motion so I am stuck with asura and sylvari

For a b2p game,gw2 is one of the best but I will have to play more before i decide if it will be a new mmo home for me.

• FIXTHECAMERAFIXTHECAMERA Member Posts: 55

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Hanging out with friends and one of whom pointed out something that does bug me.   We were talking about liking exploration in mmorpgs.   He said guild wars 2 turned exploration into a grind.  I had to agree with that statement because for me, it does take something out of the joy of exploration.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• cyraethcyraeth Member Posts: 53
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ

This is not another flame thread or anything.

I hope everyone enjoys the game just as much as I do. However, this game has some flaws. Probably its just because it just launched a few days ago. My gamebreaken (which is the first), and my problems atm are:

• Playing without your friends - It bothers me alot. Me and my cousin cant play together at all. Even though we are on the very same server, we always get overflowed to our own places. No join possibility or anything. I love the overflow system instead of being able to login, but at least make it so you join the same overflow server ANet!
    • Crafting - I really like crafting. Its fun, and instead of just learning some recipes you have to discover them yourself. However I would have loved, if it required less mats. Vial fo Weak Blood and all those Fine crafting ingredients is a pain to find if you also want to level your character at the very same time.
    • WvW often down - At launch I could allmost instant join WvW. Yesterday I was queued for several hours and never got my invitation for it. I would really love to WvW. But I also wanted to actually join the fight instead of running alone trying to find everyone :P But I guess thats the charm about WvW.
    As said above, whats gamebreaking about these 3 is the first topic. It feels boring and like you have rolled on different servers when you cant see each other at all. Hopefully it will get fixed anytime soon.

This is how a dislikes post should be done... argumentative points with evidence and logic.... i feel you bro, poitns number 2 and 3 are not much of a problem for me... but number 1.. and the dowtime of the trading post (wich will be solve soon, acording to Anet).. are my biggest problems, not up to a gamebreaker point but yeah... it is anoying

• CelusiosCelusios Member UncommonPosts: 337

Only things currently bugging me are the lack of trading post and the complete lack of any relevant reason to be in a party or guild. At most the only relevent side of being in a guild is WvW. I also dislike the fact people are server swapping to go to one in which is winning the WvW matches.

Simply put if they fix these three things, I see no current problems with the game.