Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AOC..Some info plz!

kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
ok i played this game for years and loved it despite its faults..what i would like to know is have they upgraded the gfx engine to the same hhas TSW and if so how is the game running now plz..no trolls ty just genuine info..if you have nothing constructive to say dont post anything..ty in advance

Comments

• sibs4455sibs4455 Member UncommonPosts: 369
    Originally posted by kevjards
    ok i played this game for years and loved it despite its faults..what i would like to know is have they upgraded the gfx engine to the same hhas TSW and if so how is the game running now plz..no trolls ty just genuine info..if you have nothing constructive to say dont post anything..ty in advance

Why dont you go and check the main forums lots of info about the latest patch, also it's F2P so load up your game and check it out.

• LuckyDuckyLuckyDucky Member UncommonPosts: 268

Graphics went through a major overhaul about a year ago. It took them a few months to get it done and rolled out, but the end result was impressive. AoC is looking pretty good in DX10. I play the game maxed out with a Nvidia 580 3gb. Before the 580 I was using a HD4850 512mb and with that card I could only run the game in DX9 with a lot of the video options dialed back. The game still looked very good even though I had to compromise visual quality and draw distance for acceptable FPS.

With the 580 I can max out the game no problem in DX10 with constant FPS in the 50s and 60s The lighting is a high point of the visuals, so is the motion quality of everything in the game , your character, your mount, NPCs, everyone has a smooth realistic quality to their movements. Then the attention to detail of the natural environments, rivers, trees, mountains, etc., draws me into the game as well. Armor is well detailed  too.

So the game is looking great! even the haters have to admit to that much. Just need the rig to run it like it was meant to be run.

"The Pen Is Mightier Than The Demo"

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

No. i beleive that their still on dreamworld 2.5.

Regardless, A new engine will not magically transform art work and models.

(im still playing, game still looks great - tsw looks much better tho)

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• ozerinxozerinx Member UncommonPosts: 200
    The games graphic is a lot smoother than it was at launch. There isn't much to be worried about. Like people mentioned load up the game and just give it a try. There are some custom settings you can do with graphics from video drivers that will also work with the game. 
  • paul43paul43 Member UncommonPosts: 198

ATM some players complain about a lag problem, I don't have it myself but I hardly play and only log in to do some F2P once in a while.

There's few players and few groups going around, but it's still possible to play the game on EU Crom atleast. There's not been much content lately, probably because of TSW and now the company is almost bankrupt and had to fire people. We dont know how this has affected the AOC team.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

You know it has a free to play option now you can just go log in.  If you have a bunch of alts expect some of them to be locked. I am just saying it would be a lot easier to log in and check it out for yourself instead of getting everybody elsees view on it as most folks have different takes.