Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I got a golden recipe for a MMORPG that will gain 20-50 mil players.

KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685

That's right, at least 20 milion active players involved, which is going to destroy everything else. I'm confident about my recipe because I've been accurate with my predictions on the MMORPG's that's been coming out over the last 5 years as well as my hardcore MMORPG experience that spans over a decade. 

I was too busy gaming to bother giving ideas and helping a company develop a superior MMORPG. I was also not interested to make $, cuz I prefered the free time to enjoy MMORPG's. I know how badly companies need innovations and ideas for developing projects, but in same time I would not want to be taken advantage of.

Regardless, one thing is for sure I've been a hardcore MMORPG fan since the genre itself started and the community must agree that we deserve better, FAR better from what WOW introduced 8 years ago.

So since I find myself MMORPG free at the moment and without a really appealing upcoming MMORPG in near future, I have to go by "If its not happening, got to do it myself" or keep hitting my head in a wall, trying to enjoy what's avaliable"

So right now I'm trying to find info like which company would be most interested and willing or investors to begin business with and finally deliver justice to this genre. Anyone who've had similar path and experience as well as some tips or interested in anything else you're welcome to replay here or private message me, thx.

Comments

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732
    huh what? lol..
  • winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
       Hehe well thats one way to try and get a job in the industry. Good luck with that!
  • grimm6thgrimm6th Member Posts: 973
    Originally posted by Kopogero

That's right, at least 20 milion active players involved, which is going to destroy everything else. I'm confident about my recipe because I've been accurate with my predictions on the MMORPG's that's been coming out over the last 5 years as well as my hardcore MMORPG experience that spans over a decade. 

I was too busy gaming to bother giving ideas and helping a company develop a superior MMORPG. I was also not interested to make $, cuz I prefered the free time to enjoy MMORPG's. I know how badly companies need innovations and ideas for developing projects, but in same time I would not want to be taken advantage of.

Regardless, one thing is for sure I've been a hardcore MMORPG fan since the genre itself started and the community must agree that we deserve better, FAR better from what WOW introduced 8 years ago.

So since I find myself MMORPG free at the moment and without a really appealing upcoming MMORPG in near future, I have to go by "If its not happening, got to do it myself" or keep hitting my head in a wall, trying to enjoy what's avaliable"

So right now I'm trying to find info like which company would be most interested and willing or investors to begin business with and finally deliver justice to this genre. Anyone who've had similar path and experience as well as some tips or interested in anything else you're welcome to replay here or private message me, thx.

tl;dr  I've got a bridge to sell you.

Fixed.

ok, that joke aside, Ill respond for real.

If I were doing something like this, I would start by making a game in a different medium, such as table top RPG, both as a way to plan out what I want to do, and as a way to show others what you have, and what you want to do with it.  This may or may not be applicable to your idea, but in any situation, having a road map general and having a way to sell your idea is probably a good idea if you want others to pay attention to you.

I used to TL;DR, but then I took a bullet point to the footnote.

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

The question is how many successful games you made so far. Zero? Then then industry will most likely regard you as one of millions of kids, each of which think that it has the best idea, while lacking the experience in game developement to really know what works and what doesn't. Being a fan ain't enough.

So either you give the idea out for free, for the greater good, but even then it might be ignored (even if it's as good as you say). Or you create it yourself. Or you make friends in the industry. Or you create other great smaller games first, to build up a reputation.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• ultrastoatultrastoat Member Posts: 172

Yeah that's a horrible pitch, and I'm from the gaming industry. You can't say "I'll bring 20 million players to your doorstep" without any sort of concept to give or any prior experience.

There's no such thing as someone who gets paid to spout ideas all day in video games. Everyone working on a project is creative in one way or another and has both excellent and stupid gameplay ideas every day, and THEY know how to impliment them.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    D00d.  I consulted with Master Etna and she said your idea sucks. Master Etna told me to give you this link too, D00d.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

What's your ideas? And do you have a kick starter?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• anemisanemis Member Posts: 39
    Originally posted by Castillle
    D00d.  I consulted with Master Etna and she said your idea sucks. Master Etna told me to give you this link too, D00d.

LMAO

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

heres the winning formula

part one, have every weapon and unarmed combat style imaginable in game

part two, make the enemy in the game the most hated ethnicity of your target audience

part three, have full female nudity all the time

part four, reward the players with the best loot for looking at the nudity and killing off the enemy ethnicity

works in real life, has billions of players, would work in a game too im sure

• AlcuinAlcuin Member UncommonPosts: 331

Heh.  I can see the interview now...

"Welcome to XYZ MMO Company.  What position are you applying for?"

"Owner."

"Owner or Pwner?"

"yeah."

"Both?"

"Yeah."

• OrgoneOrgone Member Posts: 90

OP , where do I send the money. I'd invest. You have vision and this could be the next big thing!

(I give up with mmo's , people are getting stupider by the second)

• HardangerHardanger Member Posts: 226
    Oh yeah, sure.  Right.  

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916

Between Sony, EA, Ubisoft, Blizzard, and all the other companies and people who work in the gaming industry I'm sure ideas are raining down in buckets. Ideas don't bring a finished product to consumers. The original idea gets mutalated, mangled, time crunched, split into workable projects that get put back together, and then gets kicked out the door by a deadline.

All an idea is is picking a good spot to start to pour the foundation for the game.

I'm sure your 20-50 mil idea would be picked apart in seconds on these boards.

In fact a had a very doable awesome idea...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C0OY5vgkIk

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Pfft, that's nothing, OP.  I have a game concept that would attract 4.98730278 BILLION people and crush your puny game concept into the primordial ooze.  Keep hitting your head on a wall, puny human.
  • bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

If you have any credentials to back your idea up, you should look to China. No one in the west is investing in MMOs and the publishers who could self-fund have already done so, for better or worse.

Also depends on what type of MMO you're talking about, the genre covers a lot of things, but given you posted on this forum, I'll assume you mean something like UO, WoW, GW2, etc. In which case, no sane person, anywhere in the world, would believe they can get 20 million active players. That type of MMO just isn't mass market enough for that.

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059

Well OP, I figure you are just trollling. However, I hope you DO have a idea and can make it happen. The problem is that I figure you’re just delusional.

• redman875redman875 Member Posts: 230

Cool, send me a pm in 5 years when its ready for launch.

Oh you want people to pay you to make it for you...gotcha

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

Cause hes go hiiiigh hopes! Hes got hiiiiigh hopes! hes got apple pieee in the skyyy hopes.

This is what i heard while reading...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR14hsxNbm0

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• Goatgod76Goatgod76 Member Posts: 1,214
    Originally posted by HeroEvermore

Cause hes go hiiiigh hopes! Hes got hiiiiigh hopes! hes got apple pieee in the skyyy hopes.

This is what i heard while reading...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR14hsxNbm0

He's high alright.

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    It's amazing, how many replies a "bad" troll can get around here. O.o
  • dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Originally posted by Crazy_Stick

Yeah but nobody took it seriously so it didn't work as intended.

2/10 - at least it was a positive troll.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• 13lake13lake Member UncommonPosts: 719

I'll just go from a standpoint of this not being trollin' :)

You've got a whole wrong approach to this, your idea, good or bad, as long as its just in your head is useless, its a pipe-dream.

You have to put it on paper so to speak, you have to write down what you imagined, make a few drawings of key game mechanics that you think are revolutionary. You need to make a presentation, that can explain to basically anyone, from most tech savvy, to completely tech newb, what you want, why its good, etc. (if you are the only person in the world to understand your genius idea, then it will never see the light of day, a genius idea is only as good, as the ability of the genius  to explain it to non-genius people)

You need to choose a game type, rpg/fps/rts/racing, whether combined or not, you a concrete decision what its gonna be, you need to decide if its gonna be fantasy/sci-fi/real life, alternate reality whatever, and choose what theme its gonna have, you have decide if its gonna be PvE, PvP, combined or not, if its gonna have those seperate, you have to decide on the gameplay, is it gonna be action-oriented, passive tab-targetting, god of war interactive style, cover system or not, button-mashing, or combo like Age of Conan, is it gonna be a space simulation ? Eve Online with Freelancer/Ellite combat ? advanced economics, man i can go on iike this for ages, you need to decide on every game mechanic you want to do, how you want to do it, and then write it all down, either on paper, in a text file on pc, in pictures, a presentation, heck a holographic 3d something.

If you already have an answer for everything i've listed here, and you've come up with the answers to my question while you were reading them congratulations, you are the next mmo revolutionary genius, 

If on the other hand, you havent even thought of any of the game mechanics up untill now, and you dont have a clue what you want to implement and how you want to implement it right of the bat, im sry to say but your idea is nothing more than fiction then, alone you will never be able to achieve it even if you had infinite lifetimes.

A silver lining in the second case is, if you have a revolutionary idea for a game mechanic you need to find like-minded people to complement your idea, and help all the ideas flow together into a mmo.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Originally posted by Crazy_Stick

Aw, come on - he was funny!  It's not like anyone took him seriously.  Even the above poster is just being kind.   :)

• YaosYaos Member UncommonPosts: 153
    Is this some kind of joke? My idea will bring in at least 100 million players.
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by Yaos
    Is this some kind of joke? My idea will bring in at least 100 million players.

I'll see your 100 million and raise you 5 billion!

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.