Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What level is everyone?

Comments

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

28 Warrior 17 Guardian, few other random alts 2-3.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222

Ha, I have three level 10's.

I don't know why I'm suprised people have progressed so quickly.  I guess having a family eats so much time you don't even realize you are playing 80% less than you used to.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    lvl 20 now, with a guardian and engineer alt

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Originally posted by Wrender
    Originally posted by Xerith
    42 warrior. I took the weekend off. 

Any game that you can hit lvl cap or even 42 in one weekend is not for me. That's just stupid! I know I lvl slowly but why do that especially with a new game? Hell I have been playing TERA since launch and am only 35 and loving the combat and amazing graphics as well as a really great community.

It's funny, I don't think I could hit 42 if I played all day for a week.  I think some people have found some quick way to lvl because it seems fairly appropriate when you are playing the game.  Maybe if you just go to DE after DE and don't do some vista/point of interest finding.

• Serin101Serin101 Member Posts: 103
    Ran exploitable AC with some guildies on vent with my 35 Guardian. Have to say that they enjoyed the story mode, but REALLY enjoyed the challenge of explorable mode.
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

5 levels 10's.  3 4-9's.

And you people complaining about achieving levels...

Do you NOT remember GW1 where you could 1-20 and max out in a week?  Did that stop people from doing other stuff?  No.  Did that mean all the awesome instances stopped?  No.  So stop your complaining about it.  Not every game is for everyone.  That's just how life works.

• ZezdaZezda Member UncommonPosts: 686
    Originally posted by Zezda
    Level 50 at the moment and loving every second.

Lvl 50?? SOmeone has some serious issues and no life. I bet you havent even uttered a single word to anyone in game have you?

Yeah, I have no life at all. I sit on my own for 2 weeks at a time without even talking to anyone else. How did you know?

• Preacher26Preacher26 Member UncommonPosts: 381

5 characters between level 2 and 20.

Sadly I have spent the most time on my level 2... only took him through the quick tutorial and hes been parked for sPvP since.

The only reason I will advance all my characters pve-wise is so I have all my skill slots and traits unlocked for WvW.

Really wish WvW shared the same mechanics as sPvP but cant win them all I suppose.

• Serin101Serin101 Member Posts: 103
    He could have easily done some crafting to boost his exp gain....don't be so quick to judge.
  • WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Lvl 50?? SOmeone has some serious issues and no life. I bet you havent even uttered a single word to anyone in game have you?

There are several ways to level in the game and there is no exponential curve in leveling in this game. So not surprising some are at a very high level. Leveling isn't a main focus of this game.

But don't let me stop you from randomly insulting people for no reason.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

Originally posted by Serin101
    He could have easily done some crafting to boost his exp gain....don't be so quick to judge.

I've actually been going quite slow. About 60 hours in game so far since Saturday morning around 4am. I've been off work for about 4 months due to a motorcycle accident so I've got plenty of time to spend.

As for the guy assuming I have no life - I went out at the weekend with friends and then they came back over to see the game. I also went down to my work to catch up with my boss and played some DayZ with the flatmates as well.

Looks like people can have both a life and be good at games!

• AlcuinAlcuin Member UncommonPosts: 331

9, 1, 1, 1, 1

Played some during the weekend, but it just hit me last night... 

Started crafting and going to see what was over the next hill, ect.

This is really fun.

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

I've actually been going quite slow. About 60 hours in game so far since Saturday morning around 4am. I've been off work for about 4 months due to a motorcycle accident so I've got plenty of time to spend.

As for the guy assuming I have no life - I went out at the weekend with friends and then they came back over to see the game. I also went down to my work to catch up with my boss and played some DayZ with the flatmates as well.

Theres a big difference bwteeen being "good" at a game and having an ability to level fast :)

I know of at least 3 massively exploitable events that I have even seen people at AFK with AOE macro bound.    Botting an exploit is being "good" at a game ?

I'm not saying you have exploited or anything just saying the choice of word was odd.

• KendaneKendane Member UncommonPosts: 225
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly

There are several ways to level in the game and there is no exponential curve in leveling in this game. So not surprising some are at a very high level. Leveling isn't a main focus of this game.

Hey man, its his right to randomly insult people!!!!! I've hit level 40 myself. Way I ended up there is 1. No alts as of yet, liking my Engineer and sticking with it and  2. Doing events. Seriously, those things give stupid crazy xp. Started my chain without realizing at level 37, next thing I know I'm level 40.

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

Level 33 Thief here...I played alot on the weekend but am in no rush to hit cap liek in other games,hell Iw ated 2 hours trying to complete the jumping puzzle in the Sylvari start zone before giving up(couldn't get the second part doen and got tired of having to do the first part to get bakc to it.)

SOme guildies are 47+ but they ground it out on the level 40 insance for the alst 2 days coz it gives great xp...I have no intention of doing the same I'd rather enjoy all the content.

• ChillwolfChillwolf Member Posts: 33

45 almost 46.  I took most of the weekend and half days off of work on Monday and Tuesday to sort of get ahead of my friend group.  Back to work now, kids at full speed in school/sports so i will slow way way down. 

With that said I am having a blast, been exploring, following dynamic events, helping my boys and friends level, crafted, zone completions, city exploration.  Sheesh there is a ton to do, and I have missed entire zones I can go back and do at anytime. 

Originally posted by thamighty213

Theres a big difference bwteeen being "good" at a game and having an ability to level fast :)

I know of at least 3 massively exploitable events that I have even seen people at AFK with AOE macro bound.    Botting an exploit is being "good" at a game ?

I'm not saying you have exploited or anything just saying the choice of word was odd.

Maybe an odd word to use, yeah. Point still stands though, just because someone is high level doesn't mean they have no life. 50 isn't even that high, there's tons of people who are 70+ already.

Originally posted by Kendane

Hey man, its his right to randomly insult people!!!!! I've hit level 40 myself. Way I ended up there is 1. No alts as of yet, liking my Engineer and sticking with it and  2. Doing events. Seriously, those things give stupid crazy xp. Started my chain without realizing at level 37, next thing I know I'm level 40.

Yeah, I haven't made any alts either. Leveling is pretty fast pace in this game since just about everything in the game gives you xp.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

I wonder what's going to happen with the average MMO gamer when they hit this plateau "seemingly rather quickly". We're talking about a crowd who has played games over and over that were all about gaining every extra little bit of edge they could find, with updates that consistently add more of these edges. The name of the game has always been gaiing an advantage in some form or another. An extra attribute point here, an extra skill point there, a better defense here a better damage modifier there. I'm not sure they'll know what to do with themeselves.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by Distopia

I wonder what's going to happen with the average MMO gamer when they hit this plataeu "seemingly rather quickly". We're talking about a crowd who has played games over and over that were all about gaining every extra little bit of edge they could find, with updates that consistently add more of these edges. The name of the game has always been gaiing an advantage in some form or another. An extra attribute point here, an extra skill point there, a better defense here a better damage modifier there. I'm not sure they'll know what to do with themeselves.

That is one of the questions I have. Yes...I know the entire game is supposedly endgame according to their sales pitch but will the average player see it that way? I know what I plan on doing - explorable modes, WvW, alts, SPvP,etc. but I wouldn't say I'm the norm. Guess we'll find out when the majority hit 80.

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666

27 guardian

11 elementalist

7 engineer

5 warrior

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    i played tons on the weekend and monday and got to lvl 30. mostly because that's all i'm going to be able to play for a good while. that and i wanted an elite skill.
  • NaeviusNaevius Member UncommonPosts: 334
    I've spread about 45-50 gained levels across a few alts, but my highest is only about 24. No rush...
  • armodeusarmodeus Member Posts: 19
    lvl 14 playin only 2 hrs a day, cause im reading a very  very interesting book atm.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

That is one of the questions I have. Yes...I know the entire game is supposedly endgame according to their sales pitch but will the average player see it that way? I know what I plan on doing - explorable modes, WvW, alts, SPvP,etc. but I wouldn't say I'm the norm. Guess we'll find out when the majority hit 80.

Yeah that's what I will do as well minus the dungeons, then again all I did in SWG for 2 years was PVP after never needing to skill up again or get better gear. I loved just about every second of it, be it dueling or large scale guild wars. The advanacement came from learning which weapons were most effective against who and which skills. When I fought this guy  I'd strip my armor, others I wouldn't, that kind of thing. Getting better at actually playing made a difference, which seems to be the case with GW2. Yet the other side of this spectrum have always viewed this as "pointless".

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson