Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Massive Changes Arrive with v5.0.4 Patch

Comments

• TrionicusTrionicus Member UncommonPosts: 498
    Not much to say about the "massive" patch. Go back to elitist Jerks and REDO lol OR NOT
  • expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

So many people bitching about talent and glyph changes, not sure why, it's not like they are all the same talents as before and blizzard just decided to reset your spec and move some stuff about.

There is genuine choice in the talent system now - take a few minutes and really have a look, the days of you must be 12/34/24 spec to raid with us should be a thing of the past surley thats a good thing?  Yes there will be spec min/maxing but the margin's are so slim now that I don't think many will care what talet you picked out of the three for a specific tier.

I also think some people are confused over the new talent system thinking you'll only have 6 skills/abilites at max level, not you'll have more or less the same amount of skills you have now only you automaticly gain your class/spec skills as you level but you get pick 1 of 3 specific skills from the talent system every 15 levels.

I find it odd that people complain when blizzard don't chnage things and continue to complain when they do?  But it's always been that way.

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

A completely reworked talent system is quite a change imho.

I'd try it out, but I already got one of those scrolls, so if I'm right I can't get another. And currently not feeling like paying money just to try the changes.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Not a good patch.  I dont like the direction WoW is heading with their game.  If and only if they get back ot the founding principles they pioneered in vanilla then I might give it another go.

They completely change every class every expansion, and not for the better I might add.  My DK is a shell of his former self and the new talent trees.......err the new 18 abilities is a joke.  18, yes only 18 but you can only have 6 of them.  LOL SOME CHOICE.  This game is beyond childish any more.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by m0lly
    new graphics? new combat animations? new worlds to explore? new races to play? third faction? those are massive changes to me in this game.

all fluff no meat.  and no there is stil lthe same boring perpetual BFF's in Alliance and Horde.  No war to be found.  Still the same tired gear threadmill.  Yours and my definition of massive is completely opposite.  I see WoW as little more then a raid centric game with minimal meat for the average gamer. 

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• IfrianMMOIfrianMMO Member UncommonPosts: 252

The amount of WoW haters that infest every single WoW article without even possessing proper knowledge about the game, the patches or it´s current status is sickening.

I mean, i am perfectly fine with people disliking the game, but they just biasedly bash it over and over and spend several hours a week spewing shit about it,  it becomes literally pathetic.

if you do not like a game simply move on and go play the game of your choice.

• SweedeSweede Member UncommonPosts: 209
    bah had just grinded the justice points to get  a new iLvl359 relic on my druid, well i guess i get the justice points back but what about the stats from the item? and well having to redo talens of all my 23 chars, again is just not fun, think they change the core of the game bit often for my tastes.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Not touching this one with a 10-foot pole, i simply say that i am looking forward to try the new system... But then again as a druid i am used to radical changes in my class. 

This have been a good conversation

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    Originally posted by IfrianMMO

The amount of WoW haters that infest every single WoW article without even possessing proper knowledge about the game, the patches or it´s current status is sickening.

I mean, i am perfectly fine with people disliking the game, but they just biasedly bash it over and over and spend several hours a week spewing shit about it,  it becomes literally pathetic.

if you do not like a game simply move on and go play the game of your choice.

Do not worry dude :) It looks they got very disappointed with most hyped game ever .

• pekshmaerpekshmaer Member Posts: 58

LOL over 12 years be the first on the market , against all you guys and girls who scream hehe..pathetic ..i never bought the WoW and im not the fun, just some1 who is objectiv. :)

GW 2 ..TSW ..bla bla bla ...NWN..SWOTR ..RIFT ..etc ..fails with imba graphic for bench!!! :)

hmm

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    I'm glad this came after GW2 so that I don't have to download it.
  • ShaikeShaike Member UncommonPosts: 301

Edit: Ignore sorry

you may delete this

Just my 2 cents...

• roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402
    In a way this comes at the right time for me becauseI Im playing WoW as I cant play GW2 on my laptop which is the only computer I have access to given I'm away from home . Given so many of my friends appear they are going to jump ship to GW2 and given I loved what I saw in the beta  WoW just isn't as good . Its a little like going back to Elvis when you've heard the Beatles for the first time .

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

Well I have one month left on my annual pass so I could login and check things out but I simply have zero interest in wow now (after 6 years and 9xlvl 85's). I'm not a panda hater I just feel bored with the game overall and feel the experience is unbelievably dated now regardless of "big patches".

I want fresh experiences, not ones that are the same as before just with new skins and increased stats. I also feel pretty miffed that I paid for annual pass and got zero content in 9 months, worst financial decision connected to a game I've ever made.

Definitely won’t be logging in to check this out.

• GrrlGrrl Member UncommonPosts: 354

Wow, you QQ so much over the "new" changes. Did it really freak you out to uninstall the game because you are too lazy to deal with the changes and relearn the classes? At least this patch weeds out the nincompoops! :) 

Everyone will always come back. True story. 

• SweedeSweede Member UncommonPosts: 209
    Originally posted by Luxely

Wow, you QQ so much over the "new" changes. Did it really freak you out to uninstall the game because you are too lazy to deal with the changes and relearn the classes? At least this patch weeds out the nincompoops! :) 

Everyone will always come back. True story. 

True i am back in everquest :)

• YukmarcYukmarc Member UncommonPosts: 165
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    Originally posted by Purutzil

Maybe I'm missing it, but where is the 'massive' patch? It seems quite small really. Only "big" thing is Cross-realm zones and maybe if you want to call it big the world event (which no one ever calls those big). Its just a lot of little things and then the addition of the dumbe down talent system (sorry, we all know it is) and a few other areas dumbed down like weapon slots and all, which really aren't big updates.

"Big" you can get away with, but calling it massive is just silly. 

Yep, they really should just call it the "Dumbed down patch".   Makes the game far too easy.

Far too easy? Does it play itself now?

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    It looks like my last /wowquit is actually sticking for me.  I think I'm safe unless they release a "Return of the Burning Crusade" xpac, which I would almost surely fall for.
    Originally posted by Yukmarc

Maybe I'm missing it, but where is the 'massive' patch? It seems quite small really. Only "big" thing is Cross-realm zones and maybe if you want to call it big the world event (which no one ever calls those big). Its just a lot of little things and then the addition of the dumbe down talent system (sorry, we all know it is) and a few other areas dumbed down like weapon slots and all, which really aren't big updates.

Yep, they really should just call it the "Dumbed down patch".   Makes the game far too easy.

Far too easy? Does it play itself now?

Find it odd these people saying WoW is even more dumbed down are the same who say they cannot be bothered to go back and look at the changes, heaven forbid they need to re-learn their class and others to some extent, they just want to cruise through on auto pilot.. spunds more like the player is dumbed down rather then the game.

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386

How much easier can they make it? I quit playing it back in 2006 because of how dumbed down it was back then and havent looked back. Blows my mind how a game company could utterly destroy such a great game. WoW makes me feel like an ignorant little snot nosed brat everytime I think about it let alone actually play it again. Sry but that's just me.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

The direction WoW is heading is a childish one, they are aiming for young kids and teens.
    Not for adults, the Pandaran might have a tiny bit of lore behind them, but to actualy make them a playeble race is beyond belief.

pet battles - 0
    Pandaran race - 0
    Asia theme - 7
    Talent system - 0
    Death servers - 0

Vanilla - 9
    TBC - 9
    Wotlk - 7
    Cataclysm - 3
    Diablo 3 - 4
    MoP - 2

Blizzard making their game more shit with each gmae they release, i have lost fait in this company, the greed and arrogance they have has reached new limits.
    The way down will be hard, hope they get their feet on the ground again before they lose even more people who supported their games for over 2 decades.

I for one have zero interest in Blizzard games anymore, and many are following.

Ashame tough, as i never tought i could abandon Blizzard...

Cross realms sounds good, should make making alts so much better as there will be a healthy amount of players in every zone and seemless to. 

Might look odd with players appearing and dissapering as you cross the imagainary zone borders.  Imaging chasing a player who has been ganking you for hours only for him to run over the border and dissapear.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739

WoW was too easy at release...I'd hate to see how dumbed down it is now......

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Why do people keep saying the exact same thing with every expansion or even content patch they release?

Give it a rest already. The people enjoying WoW are playing it, the ones that aren't flock to topics like this and proclaim Blizzard's demise.

• gravesworngravesworn Member Posts: 324
    Wow is an afterthought in my current gaming state., but i enjoy seeing all the guild wars 2 referrences on a wow topic lol.