Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So what bothers you about this game?

MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,267

This is not another flame thread or anything.

I hope everyone enjoys the game just as much as I do. However, this game has some flaws. Probably its just because it just launched a few days ago. My gamebreaken (which is the first), and my problems atm are:

• Playing without your friends - It bothers me alot. Me and my cousin cant play together at all. Even though we are on the very same server, we always get overflowed to our own places. No join possibility or anything. I love the overflow system instead of being able to login, but at least make it so you join the same overflow server ANet!
  • Crafting - I really like crafting. Its fun, and instead of just learning some recipes you have to discover them yourself. However I would have loved, if it required less mats. Vial fo Weak Blood and all those Fine crafting ingredients is a pain to find if you also want to level your character at the very same time.
  • WvW often down - At launch I could allmost instant join WvW. Yesterday I was queued for several hours and never got my invitation for it. I would really love to WvW. But I also wanted to actually join the fight instead of running alone trying to find everyone :P But I guess thats the charm about WvW.
As said above, whats gamebreaking about these 3 is the first topic. It feels boring and like you have rolled on different servers when you cant see each other at all. Hopefully it will get fixed anytime soon.

Comments

• vee41vee41 Member Posts: 191

Good points. 

The joining with your friends is a bug, you have option to do so (right click their portrait in group interface) but due ArenaNets server problems it is not working correctly. It was working in betas.

Those WvW queues you mentioned are also annoying, I hope it evens up a bit in the future when the load on servers eases up a bit. I think this reddit thread sums up many minor annoyances in the game well, hope devs read it :)

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    • item shop. I mean come on: I'm level 11, and my bags and bank are already full. It's the tiniest bank I ever saw in any MMORPG. To increase the size, I seem to have to pay money. And I just bought the game. -.-
    • lack of tooltips. Wanted to see what my Mesmer traits do, and one ability says "reduces shredding cooldown". I spent half an hour searching my character for any skills or attributes that might have to do something with shredding. Asked in the chat, noone knew it either. I had to google to find out what it does. T_T That doesn't have to do with any lack of experience in gaming on my side, but simply in the developers not really caring about such things.
    • and the zoning every five minutes is a bit annoying. City to overflow, overflow to regular map, regular map to storyline, and back and forth.
    It's a good game, but these things are annoying.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

Originally posted by maji
    • item shop. I mean come on: I'm level 11, and my bags and bank are already full. It's the tiniest bank I ever saw in any MMORPG. To increase the size, I seem to have to pay money. And I just bought the game. -.-

Have to ask, what have you filled the bank with? I have some good items I've been saving, stuff I got from chests, few keys, crafting stuff and exp boosts and still plenty of space left.

• kDeviLkDeviL Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ

I hope everyone enjoys the game just as much as I do. However, this game has some flaws. Probably its just because it just launched a few days ago. My gamebreaken (which is the first), and my problems atm are:

• Playing without your friends - It bothers me alot. Me and my cousin cant play together at all. Even though we are on the very same server, we always get overflowed to our own places. No join possibility or anything. I love the overflow system instead of being able to login, but at least make it so you join the same overflow server ANet!
    haha it's kind of annoying at first but all you have to do is click their face if they're in you're party and click "join ___ in ____" and it'll put you guys together.
    • Crafting - I really like crafting. Its fun, and instead of just learning some recipes you have to discover them yourself. However I would have loved, if it required less mats. Vial fo Weak Blood and all those Fine crafting ingredients is a pain to find if you also want to level your character at the very same time.
    There's an app called "GW2 feild guide" that show's you alot of awesome things, especially where to find any item in the game from drops and other things.  Makes finding things much easier. If you don't have a smartphone I'm sure it's somewhere on the internet as well.
    • WvW often down - At launch I could allmost instant join WvW. Yesterday I was queued for several hours and never got my invitation for it. I would really love to WvW. But I also wanted to actually join the fight instead of running alone trying to find everyone :P But I guess thats the charm about WvW.
    There's a couple of problems with the way the que works, like when you move to an overflow system it seems to restart your que. really weird.  Just stay in lions arch for a few minutes after queing and it should let ya in.  I really hope this maint fixed alot of the kinks in WvW
    As said above, whats gamebreaking about these 3 is the first topic. It feels boring and like you have rolled on different servers when you cant see each other at all. Hopefully it will get fixed anytime soon.

Hope all this helps because they indeed are all very annoying until you figure out how to fix them.

If WoW was released today even in its' entirety it would be f2p in 3 months.
    Why is it still such a big deal?

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Well good points.

* WvWvW pvp is pretty fun.

* Personal Story line is pretty good.

* Fast loading times

*Graphics are actually not too bad a lot better than in closed beta, bump mappnig and spec maps but still not close to TSW or AOC.

* Character creation process is quite nice and kind of remids me of some old school rpgs where you created a character by selecting different backgrounds. I do think it could ahve been a bit more in depth but its nice.

Bad Points

* Very very very very boring heart quests, that have taken the standard kill or collect quests and made them take twice as long and boring. Good job

* So called dynamic events and not really dynamic other than the time they happen. Well this is the case in the first few zones I have been in. Only lvl 25 so far so still got a bit to go. Also some of the dynamic events are just as bad as the heart quests.

* Exploration would ahve been great fun except everything is clearly marked on the map for you so its not really exploring its going to points on the map where you know things are.. what a let down.

* Combat is just generic tab target stuff, in PVE you just kite everything, in PVP it dont matter how much thep erson im fighting tries to dodge or move out the way my gun shots hit them every time.. I was under the impression it was suppose to be a bit more action based but its not.

* Queue times are silly, both for getting into a normal zone and for the WvWvW pvp they should ahve realised somthing like this would happen and done somthing about it. WvWvW is the main part of the game and at the moment there is usualyl a 30 min wait and then when you do get in at times it can be very unstable and the cliant will crash. Of course when this happens you have to queue back up again.

Also im not going to mention any bugs as bad points as all MMORPGs ahve bugs at launch. In a few weeks time ill write up a proper review explaining my views a bit more. At the end of the day for me its not a bad game for a standard tab target themepark game but its certainly not living up to the gigantic amonut of hype this game had.

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,267

kDevil - Even if we were in the same party, and was in the same zone, neither of us could choose "join in xx" most of the time. The option wasnt even there.

And when the option came after reentering the zone 50 times, it did nothing at all.

• VegettoVegetto Member Posts: 841

[quote]Originally posted by maji
    [b][list]

and the zoning every five minutes is a bit annoying. City to overflow, overflow to regular map, regular map to storyline, and back and forth.
    [/list] It's a good game, but these things are annoying.[/b][/quote]

Ahh excessive zoning and sharding, always kills it for me. That on it's own is often enough for me to step away and not try it, think it's why i didn't even touch the first.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

vails of blodd drop alot from underwater mobs in low lvls :)

Originally posted by vee41

Have to ask, what have you filled the bank with? I have some good items I've been saving, stuff I got from chests, few keys, crafting stuff and exp boosts and still plenty of space left.

A few of these boosts, but the rest is mostly gathering resources that I currently don't need.

• kDeviLkDeviL Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Well the thing is that the bank is devided.   Any crafting material as well as other important types of items are put into a slot of their own.  You're normal bank is probably filled with ore and scales and vials of blood and other crap right? There's a whole nother bank just for items like that!

Also bags aren't too expensive to improve your inventory.

From your inventory there's a setting options, click that and click "deposit all colectibles" and it'll put all you're crafting mats and other things into your mats section of your bank automatically.

Carrying salvage kits to break down gear and put the broken down parts into you're bank from anywhere should also help.

• lack of tooltips. Wanted to see what my Mesmer traits do, and one ability says "reduces shredding cooldown". I spent half an hour searching my character for any skills or attributes that might have to do something with shredding. Asked in the chat, noone knew it either. I had to google to find out what it does. T_T That doesn't have to do with any lack of experience in gaming on my side, but simply in the developers not really caring about such things.
    Everything seems pretty clear cut to me so far.  But I'm not too familiar with mesmers =x
    • and the zoning every five minutes is a bit annoying. City to overflow, overflow to regular map, regular map to storyline, and back and forth.
    Would you rather be in an hour long que unable to log in?  sure it's annoying but it's there for a really good reason.  And much better then the alternative imo.
    It's a good game, but these things are annoying.

If WoW was released today even in its' entirety it would be f2p in 3 months.
    Why is it still such a big deal?

A few of these boosts, but the rest is mostly gathering resources that I currently don't need.

Go to ANY crafting location (workbenches, smithing benches etc, ANY).

Interact with it, and use the "collection" tab.

Throw all your mats in there. Then you have enough bag and bank space.

You've noticed the collectibles tab in bank? You can store all your ores and woods there, open your inventory and press that little wheel icon at the top and you got 'deposit all collectibles' option. :)

Originally posted by Caldrin

* Very very very very boring heart quests, that have taken the standard kill or collect quests and made them take twice as long and boring. Good job

* So called dynamic events and not really dynamic other than the time they happen. Well this is the case in the first few zones I have been in. Only lvl 25 so far so still got a bit to go. Also some of the dynamic events are just as bad as the heart quests.

Agree on hearts, luckily there should be less and less more you advance in the game. I usually skip them completely.

But dynamic events, sigh. :) I just wrote a blog post why dynamic events are awesome, I recommend you check it out!

• engellenengellen Member UncommonPosts: 83
    item shop still bieng broken and join in option bugged all to hell is enough for me not to have played it for the last 30 hours

played a million mmo's

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    I have had issues with joining group mates on overflow servers, sending mail, the blue dots representing group members not updating or displaying the correct position of groupmates.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    The overflow was a good idea as to not open twice the amount of servers than need be but it gets annoying. The way me and my cousin did it was to port to the same spot and hope it put us in the same space.

The thing I dislike is zone lines. I know that the internal world map is continuous but I would much rather prefer the ability to walk from one end to the other. Now, they did a good job with them so it isn't entirely bad. Reminds me of EQ where the zones are big enough to not feel fenced in but are not entirely.
  • KniknaxKniknax Member UncommonPosts: 576

The overflow system is to replace the server queues.

So, for everyone who is upset that they cant play with friends - your other option in another game would be to sit and stare at a queue number for hour after hour, knowing if you crash you have to go back to the start.

As soon as the game calms down, just like any launch, the queue / overflow will level out and everyone can play with everyone - so its not a bug or design problem - its a game solution.

"When people don't know much about something, they tend to fill in the blanks the way they want them to be filled in. They are almost always disappointed." - Will Wright

Originally posted by Kniknax

The overflow system is to replace the server queues.

So, for everyone who is upset that they cant play with friends - your other option in another game would be to sit and stare at a queue number for hour after hour, knowing if you crash you have to go back to the start.

As soon as the game calms down, just like any launch, the queue / overflow will level out and everyone can play with everyone - so its not a bug or design problem - its a game solution.

If you read all the replies, you would know that we all know this ;) However, it would have been great if your friends got into the same overflow server as yourself. That would be a good fix. I dont care if Im in a overflow server, as long as its with my friend.

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

This can be done in the inventory menu. No need to look for a bank or crafting table.

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571

The one problem I've had is the overflow servers splitting me and a friend up, even though we're grouped. We found a fix for the problem but it's a shame it's there at all.

For those that are seeing this problem try this: use TS or Mumble or some such, when you get split up log back to char select, when both there, do a 3, 2, 1, GO (click PLAY) and 4 times out of 5 you get put in the same overflow. Problem solved.

Learning is fun. :)

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

What bothers me most is being in party with a friend and only being able to see each other on the map when we're near each other. image

To a lesser extent: the Friends, Guild UIs often not showing info properly. Buggy/laggy chat. Combat with more than a few people is still a clusterfuck.

Hopefully the kinks will be ironed out quickly as me and a friend are enjoying ourselves immensely solving puzzles.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by Vegetto

[quote]Originally posted by maji
    [b][list]

and the zoning every five minutes is a bit annoying. City to overflow, overflow to regular map, regular map to storyline, and back and forth.
    [/list] It's a good game, but these things are annoying.[/b][/quote]

Ahh excessive zoning and sharding, always kills it for me. That on it's own is often enough for me to step away and not try it, think it's why i didn't even touch the first.

The excessive zoning is only for going into your personal story instances. Aside from those and the dungeons, the only time you zone is going to new maps and it only takes a few seconds.

If youre constantly popping in and out of your own instances, thats the only reason youre going to have excessive zoning and going into overflow repeatedly. If you stay on the map, you stay in the main server for good. You just lose your spot to make room for people actually on the map.

Personally though id have preferred them to not do a main and overflow, with the force overflowing and issues with joining friends, etc. Seems better to me if theyd have simply done a channel 1 and channel 2, and let you pick which one youre in as needed to meet up with friends and stuff.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Way more work than is needed. Just open your inventory, click the gear in top right and click the option to deposit all collectables. It sends them right to the bank for you from anywhere in the world.

Also its a good idea to constantly keep a salvaging kit or 2 on you when you venture out. lets you salvage the trophies and junk loot you dont want to keep/sell and then just deposit the mats as i said above and your bags will never get full.

• GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Too much zoning/instancing, no sandbox features outside of PvP, cash shop instead of subscription.