Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tips for the burdened - Better Bag Space 101

LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Been seeing some posts where people have said they needed more bag space so I wanted to toss a few tips out there on how to free up a bit of room for all your goodies.

• 8-slot Bags are easy to get - they're easy to make so hit up a friend, guildmate or significant other that is doing leatherworking, armorsmithing or tailoring for a set of three of them. That's 24 more slots.
  • Bank crafting mats - in the upper right of your inventory is a gear icon. Click it and select 'Deposit Collectables'. This will instantly move all collectable and crafting materials to your bank. This stuff has it's own bank slots, so it doesn't eat up your regular bank space. You can often empty half your bag this way.
  • Use salvage kits - salvage kits will destroy an item and reclaim crafting material from it. Crafting material stacks and each salvage kit has multiple uses so less slot space is taken up than if you dragged back 6 slots with a rawhide vest in each one. What you lose in individual item price you make up in stacked quantity.
  • Instant travel to your bank and back - Instantly teleport to the waypoint by your bank, dump your loot and instantly teleport to within seconds of where you last were.

Hope that helps! image

Edit: Thanks teak and Cres for the update!

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
"Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

Comments

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

Been seeing some posts where people have said they needed more bag space so I wanted to toss a few tips out there on how to free up a bit of room for all your goodies.

• 8-slot Bags are easy to get - they're easy to make so hit up a friend, guildmate or significant other that is doing leatherworking to for a set of three of them. That's 24 more slots.
    • Bank crafting mats - in the upper right of your inventory is a gear icon. Click it and select 'Deposit Collectables'. This will instantly move all collectable and crafting materials to your bank. This stuff has it's own bank slots, so it doesn't eat up your regular bank space. You can often empty half your bag this way.
    • Use salvage kits - salvage kits will destroy an item and reclaim crafting material from it. Crafting material stacks and each salvage kit has multiple uses so less slot space is taken up than if you dragged back 6 slots with a rawhide vest in each one. What you lose in individual item price you make up in stacked quantity.
    • Instant travel to your bank and back - Instantly teleport to the waypoint by your bank, dump your loot and instantly teleport to within seconds of where you last were.

Hope that helps! image

Armormiths can make 8 slotters as well, in fact two seperate types of 8 slotters if you happen to discover an unexpected discovery option

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359
    Originally posted by teakbois
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

• 8-slot Bags are easy to get - they're easy to make so hit up a friend, guildmate or significant other that is doing leatherworking to for a set of three of them. That's 24 more slots.

Hope that helps! image

Armormiths can make 8 slotters as well, in fact two seperate types of 8 slotters if you happen to discover an unexpected discovery option

So can tailors :)!  So every armor creation trade skill can do it.  Also, the sell junk option at any vendor will be help you get rid of vendor trash items right quick.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

Originally posted by Creslin321

So can tailors :)!  So every armor creation trade skill can do it.

Even if you dont want to craft, you can pick up armorsmithing for free, and the initial 8 slotters are 10 bronze apiece, easy enough to mine up (ore is easier to get than leather and cloth).  Youll have to spend 80 copper to get the tin to make your bronze ingots, but its a worthy investment and the 80s will cover all 4 boxes.

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

All three armor making professions can make 8 slot bags.  All three can discover 2 additional types of 8 slot bags.  1 unique one per profession, and 1 all 3 share.

All crafting stations have banks built into them, so you can bank out in the field, every zone (At least up into the 30s) has at least one crafting zone in it.  Doesn't even have to be a craft you know. :)

one more tip:

Crafting stations give you bank access, and most zones seem to have an outpost with crafting stations in the middle of the zone somewhere.  Can use em for your banking needs.

edit: got beat to the punch lol

• MimzelMimzel Member UncommonPosts: 375
    How do you instantly teleport to your bank with a regular account?
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Originally posted by Mimzel

I think he just meant to use the regular waypoints.

• DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

Just explore your city there where you start at.

Once you locate the port spot next to bank, just scroll map to where you can see it and hit your port.

When done port back to where you are playing.

But as said above.. once you find the trade station in the map you are playing in.. and have chosen a skill, just go there also and click the trade station and then click bank tab.

• MadKingMadKing Member UncommonPosts: 173
    I got seven 8 slotted bags just playing sPvP for those who didn't know and I think you can share them with different characters. :)
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by observer

Correct. Your hometown should have a waypoint located by the bank.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Meowhead

All crafting stations have banks built into them...

I never noticed that before. Thanks! image

• hehenephehenep Member UncommonPosts: 221
    Originally posted by observer

Huh.  I'm not really having any problem with inventory but figured I'd pop in here out of curiosity and my first thought on skimming that post was that he was referring to the ability fo deposit crafting materials to the bank from anywhere in the game.  It looks more like you're the one who's right though.

So yea, that's another good way to free up bag space.  Every once in a while after you've broken down unwanted items into spare crafting parts and salvaged the salvage materials ... just teleport them to your bank.