Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else annoyed by the story quests ?

JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849

And what I mean by annoyed is I feel like every time i am in my "Instanced personel story quest " I am thinking about being out in the game world and what potential DE i could be missing or what valuable "exploring time " I am wasting . I know people will respond "Well you don't have to do them" but as a somewhat completionist I feel compelled to finish my story quests , Plus the rewards are very good.

I guess A-net is to blame for making their game world so alive and awesome that I feel like the instancing of story quests kinds of breaks my immersion in game. Anyone feel this way ?

• Aloha Mr Hand ! 

Comments

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    Well I can say that I do feel the need to go into the world and explore but the further I get in the story the more I like it.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    No need to feel that way, plenty of time to explore and get to those de's afterwards. It's not like your paying a sub ;)
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Lol, I am 10 levels behind on my personal story...

But the point of the game is to have fun so just enjoy yourself, you can always do it later.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    No not really beacuse story quests gives really great loot.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Playing as an asura I am finding them engaging and fun.

But then asura are just pure entertainment right through. So much comedy :)

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    You are annoyed at content? Sorry I just don't understand the problem.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790

Played only PVP..lvl 25 now. ;)

I could care less about stories and PVE.

Bite Me

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Well I go as far as to say, SWTOR had the way better personal story; but then, that WAS their thing. Some personal stories are better than others. It sure is not kicking me out of my shoes, but it does serve me to give my character depth and background.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• KrytycalKrytycal Member Posts: 520
    I tried, or rather cringed my way through the human storyline in the starting area during the first few BWEs. They felt like something a prebuscent teen on ecstasy would write. Needless to say I stuck to DEs/Hearts/PvP from that point forward. They made SWTOR's storylines feel like literary masterpieces, which is sad because SWTOR wasn't even good to begin with.
    Originally posted by Elikal
    Well I go as far as to say, SWTOR had the way better personal story; but then, that WAS their thing. Some personal stories are better than others. It sure is not kicking me out of my shoes, but it does serve me to give my character depth and background.

I honestly didn't get the fuss about SWTOR's personal story myself... it didn't impress me any more or less then GW2s.

Speaking as an asura, the scripting and voice acting in mine has been first class, often laugh out loud.

• ictownictown Member Posts: 123
    i find the storyline quite good, trouble deciding which course should i take action, dormund, vigil or order of whispers.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Vesavius
    Originally posted by Elikal

I honestly didn't get the fuss about SWTOR's personal story myself... it didn't impress me any more or less then GW2s.

Speaking as an asura, the scripting and voice acting in mine has been first class, often laugh out loud.

i agree asura are hillarious.. actually only voice acting and story that starts to get annoying to me is norn in some places and some of the sylvari but aside from that i'm enjoying them all.. i also like my choices in the CC actually effecting parts of my story.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    So far I'm loving the Asura personal story line. 
  • I don't force myself to do the story quests, and some times I just want to roam around or do something mroe story based.  Works out fine.

Right now i am about to choose one of the three orders and I am fairl ycurious hwo that plays out.  The carnival bit with the grizwhorls was pretty good too.  Best human story so far.

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

My only problem with the Story Quests is that they oftne send you with NPC companions and thus increase the amount sof mobs you face.Problem is they ignore the friendly NPCs and go straight for you necessitatign a lot of dodging,evading and ranged kiting just to stay alive.

Not a huge issue but annoyign none the less.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    So far I'm loving the Asura personal story line. 

Ditto, I think it's one of the best in the game and really captures the feel of race perfectly. The voice acting is actually pretty decent in the Asura story as well.

Edit: as far as missing out on the DE's since they happen somewhat randomly, there is really no way to tell if you're missing out on anything or not. Besides, you can always revisit the zones later on. So just play the game and enjoy.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

I enjoy the stories. I don't feel like I'm missing out of "other stuff" when I'm still doing things I like.

It'd be like saying "anyone feel annoyed by DEs because I'm thinking about how much WvWvW I could be doing?"

• ChristoooChristooo Member UncommonPosts: 86
    Nop, because you don't need to do the Personal Story if you want to explore, do DEs then do them. But I am enjoying the story so far up to where I am (level 22) 
  • ScarlyngScarlyng Member UncommonPosts: 159
    Originally posted by Amjoco

Really.  After so many posters in other games beaching about lack of content, someone complaining about content is a touch on the wild side.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by Scarlyng
    Originally posted by Amjoco

Really.  After so many posters in other games beaching about lack of content, someone complaining about content is a touch on the wild side.

I was under the impression that when people talk about "lack of content", they automatically imply "lack of enjoyable content", but perhaps I am wrong there.

• voxnorvoxnor osMember Posts: 121
    Originally posted by Drakynn

My only problem with the Story Quests is that they oftne send you with NPC companions and thus increase the amount sof mobs you face.Problem is they ignore the friendly NPCs and go straight for you necessitatign a lot of dodging,evading and ranged kiting just to stay alive.

I absolutely agree. I consider myself a very skilled gamer - and on my theif at level 20 - doing personl story quests has proved EXTREMELY difficult - that is, until I switch to my pistols and run circles for 3-4 minutes. Necessitating kiting can get a bit old, I suppose is my fear.

As you said - not a huge issue, but annoying.

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237
    Originally posted by thunderC

And what I mean by annoyed is I feel like every time i am in my "Instanced personel story quest " I am thinking about being out in the game world and what potential DE i could be missing or what valuable "exploring time " I am wasting . I know people will respond "Well you don't have to do them" but as a somewhat completionist I feel compelled to finish my story quests , Plus the rewards are very good.

I guess A-net is to blame for making their game world so alive and awesome that I feel like the instancing of story quests kinds of breaks my immersion in game. Anyone feel this way ?

I actually find the story quests interesting, which I couldnt say for the slew of MMORPGs I have played prior.  But completely agree with your delimma of wanting to go out explore and find other cool things.  I am an Asura Engineer and find the technology-induced story surpringly compelling.  

In BWE I played a Norn and did not like that story as much, so I think finding the right one is important too.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by voxnor
    Originally posted by Drakynn

I absolutely agree. I consider myself a very skilled gamer - and on my theif at level 20 - doing personl story quests has proved EXTREMELY difficult - that is, until I switch to my pistols and run circles for 3-4 minutes. Necessitating kiting can get a bit old, I suppose is my fear.

As you said - not a huge issue, but annoying.

Agreed, the story instances are a tad too difficult.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Originally posted by Torvaldr
    My only gripe is that I wish we could partner up for them. 

You can..?

• MadKingMadKing Member UncommonPosts: 173
    I'm very surprise with the story quest atm, it started out slow and boring but I joined the Other of Whispers and it's starting to get a lot more serious. fighting hordes of Jormag and rescueing Quaggans, I can't wait to see what comes next.