Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The naysayers have arrived

Comments

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    Originally posted by Elikal
    There are always different opinions, which is fine. But I have yet to see a substantial critique towards GW2 which is based on more than "I don't like it".

Then you are as blind as the folks claiming the game sucks.  There are some very legitimate gripes about the game that don't fall into the "I don't like it" category.  So stop with that nonsense.  Anyone with any ounce of objectivity would be willing to say the game isn't perfect, even if it has lived up to their expectations.  

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Meh, no I don't think GW2 is perfect. The trader still being down and the overflow issue are pretty annoying. Does it subtract from the fun I've been having? No actually lol. Are these minor things that will be fixed? Yes :P 

So only having minor issues that are fixable and delivering the most fun I've had in an MMO for a very long time GW2 seems to be as close to perfect as an MMO can get to me. It's got pretty much everything I've asked for minus a few things that they actually plan on delivering later on so... 10/10 from me. 

And yes I'm a fan, be my guest and call me a GW2 fanboi. I don't really care lol, the games what I wanted it to be and I'm having fun and the few minor issues it currently has are fixable. So win for me :) 

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692
    There are always different opinions, which is fine. But I have yet to see a substantial critique towards GW2 which is based on more than "I don't like it".

And yet, in the end, that is the only thing that really matters to that individual.  They don't have to provide a "substantial critique" because it's their opinion.  You don't have to agree with them and they don't have to love your game.  That what makes life interesting, we don't have to agree.

Originally posted by RebelScum99

Then you are as blind as the folks claiming the game sucks.  There are some very legitimate gripes about the game that don't fall into the "I don't like it" category.  So stop with that nonsense.  Anyone with any ounce of objectivity would be willing to say the game isn't perfect, even if it has lived up to their expectations.  

Stop trying to talk common sense to those that obviously don't have any.

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    There's a reason many statistical analyses ignore the top and bottom x% outliers.  They're almost always anomolies, or in this case, trolls and bonkers fanboys.  
  • EnerzealEnerzeal Member Posts: 326
    $60 for the box to suffer at the hands of deep pocketed knowlifers with the ability to floor me in content beause of what they've purchased. You want gold? Go for it buy our gold, buy what you need to max all your tradeskills / buy from the auction house. 
  • geldonyetichgeldonyetich Member Posts: 1,340

This is the Internet.  People naysay habitually about everything.  (And if you're thinking about disagreeing with that, thanks for proving my point. ;)

Seriously, why get your knickers in a twist about 50/388 people disliking the game?  They've been largely drowned out.  It makes it look like you can't handle a little (and I mean a MICROSCOPIC AMOUNT) of criticism.  In which you probably need to grow up, or deflate your head, whichever is most appropriate given your age.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by Creslin321
    Originally posted by heartless
    Originally posted by Sephros
    The naysayers have always been here, drowned out by the rabid fanbois that claw and nash their teeth at anyone who speaks out against the mesiah.

I'm all for criticism but some of the posts on MC are obvious trolls. Broken quests? Buggy gameplay? One guy says that no game is worth 10/10 then proceeds to give it a 2/10. Seriously? Those comments are either created by trolls, professional or not, or some extremely butthurt individuals or both.

Exactly...I started a thread on this earlier and was told by several people that I was a fanboi, had an agenda, cared too much, didn't look at the other side etc. etc.

I don't think most people got that folks giving GW 0-3 are actual, completely genuine, trolls.  There is no logical reason to give the game that low a score.  And sorry, if it's your "opinion" that the game deserves a 0-3, then you really don't know much about video games.

The only game I can think of the top of my head that would warrant anything lower than a 4/10 is Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing. That's a solid 2/10 right there. I'm sure that there are others but that's the only one I can think of.

Games like SWTOR, TSW, GW2, WoW, etc. do not warrant 2/10 or a 0/10 and anyone who gives those ratings are obvious trolls. Like one guy on there said that he played the game for 3 days but found it mediocre. Then he proceeds to give it a 2/10 rating. You don't give a mediocre game a 2/10. A mediocre game is somewhere between a 5-7/10. Besides that, why would you play a 2/10 game for 3 days?

So whatever, I never put much stock in metacritic's reviews and this just underlines my belief. Usually, if I have to use metacritic, I compare the average professional review scores to the average user review scores. If they are close to each other, then the real score is probably somewhere in that neighborhood. If the average scores are very different, than the game is probably a victim of trolling or paid reviews.

• GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907

"The naysayers have arrived ! "

No, I have not "arrived". In fact I'm not naysaying GW2 at all.

Sheesh. Kids these days. Forgot what the creepy old man down the street looks like already.

;)

Relax... it's going to be OK...

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

You started a thread for what? To show us those .. comments ?

---

Aug 28, 2012

It looks like WoW, it plays like an asien mmo, it has a store that sells boosters for money. Its like someone took the worst things about mmos and put it in a singel game. I love mmo and have played them since Everquest. Guild wars makes me cry of what the future holds for the genre

----
    JeremyJo
    Aug 28, 2012
    Seriously, GW2 is a totally failed game. Boring quests like any other cookie cutter MMO, collect and kill, then deliver useless junk to cheap forgettable characters. Combat system is like 2003 WoW. Another medieval setting, laughable story, pathetic voiceacting, laggy as hell and graphics look like from 2006 at best. Cash shop will rip you off with treasure chest keys. No way, keep away from this one
    ---

Nubb
    Aug 28, 2012
    Game feels alot like Lord of the Rings Online, and basically any fantasy mmo from that era. Graphics were clunky and controls unresponsive. Apparently this was supposed to be "the game that changes questing", but so far I see "same **** different day". Weapon system is horrible too, in summary, this game was the worst 2 hours of any new game I have ever played. I'm going to give it a bit longer in a few days, because I've spent money on it. But damn I am disappointed :(

I would have be ashamed if I were you!

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

Anyone who gives this game a 1 out of 10 is a complete and utter moron pretty much. The game isn't perfect, it just won't appeal to some players at all but it isn't a 1 out of 10 game no matter how much you dislike it. 1 out of 10 makes sense for something like vanguard but not for most games. 1 out 10 is a spite vote and usually made by someone who didn't try a game or who had technical issues that just made it completely unplayable.

• Requiem1066Requiem1066 Member Posts: 274

Why do people get so upset when someone else's opinion differ's from their own ?

And that's all the MC player reviews are : Opinions 

You can't tell someone a game isn't worth 2/10 , to you it might not be , but to them to their tastes , to their preferences it might be . All you can do is accept their views differ from your own and move on, because the only opinion that matters at the end of the day is your own.

If you think a game is 10/10 then good luck, enjoy it for what it is. You shouldn't need to care if i like it or not. Since only you can judge your own enjoyment, not me, not John next door, not Betty in Nigeria but yourself .

Yes some of the reviews/opinions seem idiotic, but that is true at both ends of the scale . So if you want to judge you have to judge both equally.

Ie: Those saying the game isn't perfect, or in their opinion it has flaws but still scoring it 10/10 . If it isn't perfect you can't give it a perfect score. Or the guy who said it's only a 7/10 but gave it a 10 because of what it " might " be like in the future

So yes . Idiots are not just confined to the low scores

But hey what's it matter what Joe Bloggs thinks. Unless you need his permission to like or play the game :)

• A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842
    Originally posted by TheScavenger

people actually take metacritics seriously? I thought it was like Yahtzee and made for laughs and entertainment...but I guess some people take him seriously, too.

(edit: fixed typo)

Looking metacritic is as useful as trying to explain something with xfire statistics. :)

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

I have yet to see any critiques warranting further review of any kind. There's a ton of people saying the same lame things over and over again about how much they despise the type of game it is, fine hate it but your opinions aren't actual reviews. They are just opinions. I wish people would put reviews in one folder and opinions in another because they aren't the same thing.

IE saying "DE's are nothing but Rifts regurgitated" is an opinion whereas "DE's are events that heppen as a fascility to bring life to the game around you" is a review. People don't really notice sublties like that tho.

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

Originally posted by Requiem1066
    Why do people get so upset when someone else's opinion differ's from their own ?

Because some opinions simply make no sense and are flawed. So many posters see the world as a 10/10 or a 1/10 and it just isn't realistic. It is a well made game with a wide variety of modes of play and had a relatively decent release. There is no way that an opinion of 1/10 makes any sense barring a complete technical breakdown that made the game unplayable for someone. If you just hate the genre or disliked the gameplay or whatever a 2/10 or 3/10 makes some sort of sense but 1/10 is a review that says everything about the game was awful and the production values alone preclude that. A 1/10 is a spite review for a title like this, it just isn't an honest one.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by firefly2003
    Maybe people just dont share the same opinon as you, or the other people with blinders on, it was the same way with SWTOR as well raving reviews and scores and plenty of Biodrones that come raging with hardons at one that had legitimate complaints and concerns about the game, and looks like its repeating it self as well and please keep the GW2 threads in Guild Wars 2 forums, really tired of these spam posts.

Key words in red.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

Originally posted by Ender4

A 1/10 is a spite review for a title like this, it just isn't an honest one.

But's that your opinion ( which you are entitled to ofc ) but it only views things from your perspective . It's doesn't take into consideration other's views, tastes, play style, preferences etc etc .

Ie: You might think WoW's graphics are perfect , while myself I think they are a pig in lipstick  and we are both right , because it is just our own personal view

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198

But's that your opinion ( which you are entitled to ofc ) but it only views things from your perspective . It's doesn't take into consideration other's views, tastes, play style, preferences 

Ie: You might think WoW's graphics are perfect , while myself I think they are a pig in lipstick  and we are both right , because it is just our own personal view

The only way a 1/10 could be objective is if the game is just flat out broken as in I cannot even play this game due to how broken it is. I would say the people who would fall in that category are people who have some strange technical issues that Anet can't fix/won't fix/won't refund or whatever. I could see like a 4/10 being in the zone of I just flat out hate this game's design category.

• vort3xvort3x Member Posts: 129
    Originally posted by Deathenger
    If you have actually been playnig the game, then read most of thoes comments its plain as day they really havent played at all are are just negative rating for whatever troll purpos they stand for.

That's very true, and i have been pointing it out... And given up on it. Afterall, why would I care if someone that hasn't even played the game has a wall of text to say about how bad it is. Haters gonna hate. I enjoy the game for now and that's really all that matters. Can't wait to start playing some serious 5v5 tournaments with my buds...

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

But's that your opinion ( which you are entitled to ofc ) but it only views things from your perspective . It's doesn't take into consideration other's views, tastes, play style, preferences etc etc .

In the thread I started, someone else made a really good point on this topic.

And that point is that you can't just boil everything down to "opinion" and say that every opinion is equally valid when judging something in a fairly saturated art like video games.  There are objective characteristics that come into play here.  Like...

Are the graphics modern?  Is the art style aesthetically pleasing?

Does the music fit the mood of the game?

Are the controls tight?

Does the gameplay have depth?

Does the game give the player several options?

Is there a large amount of content, and is that content all of consistent quality?

These questions are not as subjective as some people would like to believe.  You can look at a game and OBJECTIVELY judge nearly all of these.  And that's what good reviewers do.  They come up with some kind of criteria, and then review games based on that, so that their reviews are relatively FAIR.  That's the point.

So when a user gives a game that is not Big Rigs Off the Road Racing bad a 2/10...yeah they got some 'splaining to do.  "It's just my opinion" doesn't cut it.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

Originally posted by VirgoThree

But's that your opinion ( which you are entitled to ofc ) but it only views things from your perspective . It's doesn't take into consideration other's views, tastes, play style, preferences 

The only way a 1/10 could be objective is if the game is just flat out broken as in I cannot even play this game due to how broken it is. I would say the people who would fall in that category are people who have some strange technical issues that Anet can't fix/won't fix/won't refund or whatever. I could see like a 4/10 being in the zone of I just flat out hate this game's design category.

Since when have opinions been objective ? By their very nature they are the opposite and do include personal bias, prejudice, interpretations etc.

People are confusing opinions with reviews . MC should maybe re-name that section to players opinions :P

Originally posted by VirgoThree

Again, this is your  opinion.  If someone totally hates a game then a 1/10 is appropriate to them.  You don't have to like or agree with them now do you.  It isn't your place to tell others how to rate this or any other game.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

That's it! I'm quitting now! I never realized the game was that bad. I wonder if I can get a refund...

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• kDeviLkDeviL Member UncommonPosts: 215

Honestly I don't think I've heard a single bad review or opinion of guild wars 2 unless it was

A. completely obvious from their post that they've probably never set foot in the game or

B. are completely baseless such as "epic fail" or "it didn't live up to the hype!" with absolutely no examples or reasons to back it up.

I don't have a problem with opinions, in fact I would love to hear honest reasons why people don't like it cause I REALLY want to know how they couldn't.  What I can't stand are the immature trolls that try to give it a bad name just because they seem to have a personal vendetta against it.

If WoW was released today even in its' entirety it would be f2p in 3 months.
    Why is it still such a big deal?

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785

I'm listen all negative/positive critics since headstart launch. And I like them, no matter good or bad,  can help improve the game. But, about metacritics...

Am I the only one who's seeing only spiting shit out the mouth of metacritics user-retards reviews? 

This discussion has been closed.