Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

damn the MMO hype monkey robbed me again!

Comments

• PurgatusPurgatus Member Posts: 342

You've supported it, you can't UNsupport it;

Stay tuned for another.....GAME OF INTREST!

• JayarisJayaris Member Posts: 308

Better you than me sonny, I don't know why people try to make a ten year history to make up excuses for why a guy might not like a game.

Some people think this game is great, some people think it's a steaming pile of shit.

Deal with it.

Hi

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325
    Originally posted by airborne1312

Luckily i only paid £44.99 from gamesplanet though!

I was expecting to be blown away...stupid me AGAIN.

I have given it my best 8 hours of playing but feel uninspired AGAIN.

The combat reminds me of warhammer which i hated and the graphics of rift/LOTRO which i hated also AGAIN.

The dynamic events are worse than the quest hubs...absolutely mindnumbingly tedious and repetitive AGAIN.

Perhaps im burnt out on MMOs but this isnt what i expected AGAIN.

The next game i will pay for is WarZ...perhaps sandbox is the way forward.

My final thought on MMOs:

This wil be the last one i ever motherfukin buy!

And i wont be reading this forum again..it is plagued by hidden subliminal messages telling me how great an MMO will be before it is released.

Back to Counterstrike until warz...........

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• redman875redman875 Member Posts: 230
    Quick...everyone use his post history against the OP...the unbeliever must be dealt with!
  • Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332
    The game seems to be fairly good at it's core. Right now all the launch issues are bringing the game down. If Arenanet can right the ship it should be a fun game to play.
  • DemandmanDemandman Member Posts: 57

What's with the martyrdom? If those are your opinions, cool enough. But atleast have the guts to face and discuss the responses to your own topic...

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by gestalt11

The combat reminds me of warhammer which i hated and the graphics of rift/LOTRO which i hated also AGAIN.

The dynamic events are worse than the quest hubs...absolutely mindnumbingly tedious and repetitive AGAIN.

And i wont be reading this forum again..it is plagued by hidden subliminal messages telling me how great an MMO will be before it is released.

Um what?  That highlighted part is verging on out of touch with reality.  I don't mean that as a flame.  I mean it seriously. 

You don't have to like the game and are entitled to your opinion but if you think the combat is even vaguely similar to Warhammer online you are really really missing something.  I don't know what but its something really important.

Yeah my thoughts on that highlighted part was "WTF?" That's like saying Gears of War combat is exactly the same as Halo's combat....Just using random comparison's but it's in the same league.

• bomber009bomber009 Member Posts: 21

You must have problems reading because half the posts on here are about how terrible the game are/were in beta...

• lightbladelightblade Member Posts: 219

My suggestion for OP: Stop buying any more AAA titles.

There are plenty of games on steam that goes for under $10 a pop. If you are looking for truly innovative games, go there. Also..kickstarter.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    I am back and forth on it. . I like the quick fix and accessability but miss some of the depth of other games.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• SysOpPsycheSysOpPsyche Member Posts: 103

Sorry to hear it.

MMOG Lesson #1: "Never trust Hype".

Based on what your looking forward to, I'd imagine GW2 would be WAY off your preferred tastes. Seems you like more Hardcore, Shooter and Survival games. My recommendations (on top of your stated WarZ) are:

• Dayz mod (hopefully the interface and low quality won't destroy it for you)
    • Planetside 2
    • Firefall (you probably won't like the graphics - they are 'Toony')Ravaged (Indie shooter not MMO - err I don't think)Dust 514 (if you have a playstation 3 - its also a Shooter but meshed with EVE Online MMO so its kind of an MMO and most definately Hardcore)The Repopulation - maybe, too early to tell what its going to actually 'feel' like.
    {EDIT: Defiance is also worth mentioning though it being a MMO & TV show is probably going to ruin it - depends.}

The target market of GW2 is going to prevent it from being THAT innovative. It is basically a 2nd WoW [World of Warcraft] in that it takes features that are common to a number of games and removes most of the annoyances in those games to make it more enjoyable but not necessarily different.
    Ie:

• Level scaling so grouping isn't hampered by levels
    • Events instead of fighting to 'tag' open world mobs/bosses to complete quests
    • Individual resource nodes so your not fighting with other players over crafting materials
    • etc.

All very non-Hardcore stances, GW2 was made to be accessable to casuals and enjoyable while still having niches in it to support some Hardcore play. Your not locked into certain content because of level, race, class, grouping preferrence [except with Storyline quests which are the 'Unique' elements to playing it for each character] or PvE/PvP/Crafting preferance [not much you don't get experience/rewards for doing other than Chatting]. Basically, the game probably wasn't your 'taste'/style to begin with. You'll need to shop around and research a bit.

Good luck with your next MMOG 'gamble'.

• SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Lol. Hype monkey should be on the front page banging a drum.

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

• Stuka1000Stuka1000 Member UncommonPosts: 955
    Originally posted by xalvi

As of right now GW2 is by far the best MMO in the market in terms of innovation and overall well on every aspect.

Seems to me like you are burnt out, i know this because im burnt out as well. GW2 will be the only mmo i will be playing, i went from hardcore to casual player because i can't seem to like MMO anymore (maybe because im getting more mature and find these things silly now).

It isn't your level of maturity that's the problem.  It's the fact that MMO's have beern simplified and dumbed down so much over the past few years that any intelligent adult finds them extremely boring.  A decade ago MMO's were deep and complex, needing patience and intelligence to advance in them; you actually had to think about how you built your character.  Now any 10 year old can follow the single path and join the dots with little effort.  It isn't a coincidence that the quality of the MMO community took a nosedive as the games got easier either.  WoW has much to answer for. 

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

You really have no one to blame but yourself, actually. You shouldn't let what other people say dictate your decisions. If you did, you have no right to blame them.

• dbgagerdbgager Member UncommonPosts: 175
    Well maybe MMOs just are not your thing. I am having a blast. Don't buy them anymore.
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    See ya.
  • rimaxo14rimaxo14 Member Posts: 118
    All the crybabies head to mmorpg.com now it sucks lol........

EVGA FTW-3 MOBO X58
    EVGA GTX 580
    G.SKILL RIPJAW 12GB
    INTEL I7 950
    CORSAIR H70 CPU COOLER
    CORSAIR 1200W 80+GOLD

• hehenephehenep Member UncommonPosts: 221

Originally posted by eric1000
    A decade ago MMO's were deep and complex, needing patience and intelligence to advance in them; you actually had to think about how you built your character.
     I'm sorry, but that's a load of bunk right there. They certainly needed more patience, but MMOs have never been deep and generally don't require much thought. Truthfully most all games seem to be easier nowadays as developers more and more tend to design towards the lowest common denominator, but that doesn't really have much to do with a game's complexity. Most of the games I've played lately actually seem to have significantly more layers of complexity to both the combat and the character customization than most of the games of yore.

Now I'm sure there's at least one exception (Asheron's Call for example, I never played it but I hear it was rather deep), but in general most of the games I played 10 years ago were very simple mechanics wise with relatively punishing leveling curves (some with XP loss on death).

• TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604

Oh too bad cause I"m having lots of fun. Honestly maybe you are just a burn out.

Good luck

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

lol

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Your opinion doesn't match mine.  Im loving the game and it is eveyrthing I want out of an MMO.  Sorry that you need your wee wittle hand held to enjoy a game.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• f0dell54f0dell54 Member CommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by Deathenger

I'll guarantee you never even stepped foot into the game, lol

Just because someone doesn't like something doesn't mean they didn't try it. I bought GW2 and I really don't care for the game. It isn't that big of a deal because it only cost $60 which is chumb change but the fact remains that I really don't like it. I'm happy you enjoy it and it's awesome for you but for me it sucks balls.

• f0dell54f0dell54 Member CommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by Zylaxx
    Your opinion doesn't match mine.  Im loving the game and it is eveyrthing I want out of an MMO.  Sorry that you need your wee wittle hand held to enjoy a game.

Sorry you need to insult someone who's opinion differs from yours just because you have a small wee in real life.

• mxishmxish Member Posts: 31

ive held back from buying this because iwant to see what people are saying 3 months later..  I bought into the SWTOR hype at the last second.... thought i loved the game but made it out of thne first zone and into the HUGE city and was like... my god this is gay. and now look where this game is lol. will be dead soon.

I was a vanila wow player,  then played SOME TBC ( did the first 4 raids.).. hated WOTLK and didnt even buy CATA. and the ONLY game i think is legit is RIFT. im back playin that now and having fun doing so with the fiance. playing VERY casual until the expansion comes out as work is pwning me.   out of all the teams out there making mmos... argue all you want,  rift's cares the most about it's players.

• Bakkoda24Bakkoda24 Member UncommonPosts: 257

Psst... Try Torchlight 2. I played the beta and was amazed.

They are announcing release date at PAX this weekend.

Still only 20 smackaroos on Steam, I believe.