Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Review] Continent of the Ninth Seal: All the Normal Fantasy Trappings

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Webzen's Continent of the Ninth Seal, or C9, is an action MMO akin to Vindictus from competitor Nexon. We've been putting C9 through the wringer to see how it measures up to the rest of the 2012 crop of MMOs. See what we discovered!

So basically, with C9, everything you do will pretty much take place in an instanced dungeon, whether you’re grouped or solo. It isn’t horrible, but it will definitely be a turn-off to the anti-instancing mob out there. I’m not anti-instancing really, I get the point of it and understand its uses, but the amount of it in C9 felt over the top even to me. Especially since you run to the same entrance point for each one, and then ‘choose’ which dungeon you want to enter. It just made the whole situation feel very repetitive… run around town, get quests, run back to same cave entrance I’ve run to a hundred times already. Anyway, I’ll get into that more later, let’s get on with the meat and taters of this review.

Read more of Richard Cox's Continent of the Ninth Seal: All the Normal Fantasy Trappings.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• VaporsVapors Member UncommonPosts: 407
    gameplay a 6? lol its one of best gameplays for a multiplayer game at the moment lol
  • nhatnhat Member UncommonPosts: 166

Eh that's the point of instance based dungeon games. You learn the moves of bosses and the dungeon to get better skill wise.

That's like complaining about spending a lot of time hitting the tennis ball over and over again since it's repetitive.

Also a lot of people don't know about the graphics but you have to bump the saturation to max too to see the best graphics.

• MvffinsMvffins Member Posts: 6

I haven't played C9, and am not going to try it out due to how im already head over heals for RaiderZ but  the fact that the reviewer didn't include his own screenshots in the review, makes me doubt he tried the game out long enough to give a good one.

Again, pointing out that I'm not a fan of the game, but I'd like to see screenshots of that '5/10 rated Aesthetics'.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by Vapors
    gameplay a 6? lol its one of best gameplays for a multiplayer game at the moment lol

Right, a highly instanced game has the best gameplay, I beg to differ.  You want good gameplay, try one of the better MMO's, not this game.  Instancing, when used appropriately is fine, using it for everything is a huge detractor.  Makes the game hard to even call a MMO.

• zengpaczengpac Member Posts: 1

• GODGANONDORFGODGANONDORF Member Posts: 59
    A mmo where ou actually use your fingers for something more challenging than right click skills? why you put so low number on this? its gameplay owns

DARK AND LIGHT I GOVERN BOTH

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Originally posted by Vapors

Well, I suppose that just illustrates how people have different tastes.

I tried it, there were things I liked, things I didn't and then uninstalled.

It felt like a weird lobby game. Almos tlike guild Wars except Guild Wars was better in my opinion.

After running the dungeons several times I lost interest.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • renzen2000renzen2000 Member Posts: 2

This game is for people who like killing things in a variety of flashy ways. It's in vein of the God of Wars, Bayonettas, and Devil May Cry's of the console world. It's like the perfect cross between the combos and  skill trees of Dungeon Figher Online and the graphics of Vindictus from the mmo world.  How the reviewer spent more time looking at the quality of the monsters in the game instead of KILLING THEM is beyond me... 

It's a free to play game. So, I can forgive the half-arsed cutscenes, and the 5-years-ago graphics, bc doing combos and seeing skill animations more than makes up for it.

Also, since it's f2p, the developers still stretch for ways to get you to pay up. One way is by spamming your inventory with all types of crafting junk or junk you can't use for the next 5 levels or so. But you can play a ton of the game casually without spending anything.

• nicolasrmnicolasrm Member UncommonPosts: 3

The arrow that points everything disapear soon after the few first quest's its like a tutorial arrow.

That just show how litle you tried the game, awfull review of a great game.

graphics are good, combat is really fun.

all character and subclases play so diferent that is like a diferent game for each of em.

really if you had spent a litle more time playing this game i bet the rates would have been a lot higher. sad.