Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EvE down, and forums, and battleclinic?

WaldoCornWaldoCorn Member UncommonPosts: 235

Man just started back to this game three days ago.

Today I log in and just get to an asteroid belt, and get a socket error.

So I try to reconnect, and can't. Try to go to the forums and can't. I tried to go to battleclinic and just look at their forums, and

can't.

This all happened 10 hours ago and still persists.

Anyone have any info on this?

See the world and all within it.
Live a lifetime in every minute.

Comments

• ElirionLothElirionLoth Member UncommonPosts: 308
    I'm in game and on their forums as we speak.  Have been on all day and last night with no problems.  I don't think the issue is on CCP's side.
  • WaldoCornWaldoCorn Member UncommonPosts: 235

Man I was afraid of that, had a wierd feeling about it when it happened. And no way to even send a ticket.

BTW thanks for the quick response, can start looking for another game I guess.

I think I got hacked, which is strange as I havent spent money on the game in years, this was a 14 days return for free deal.

Tried using the link in the emails from them just two days ago, and can't go to the host. Did a diagnose connection and it says the host is down also.

What a mess, it's not just my game client, I cannot contact them in any fashion, well except call them, but I dont have their phone number lol.

I'll try reseting the modem one time.

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059

You are not the only person having this issue right now. I found some reports at EVE University and you can follow the thread here: http://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtopic.php?t=58122&p=507399

PS: There's a big thread about this on the official forum but no one seems to have a reliable answer for fixing the problem and CCP is currently quiet. No one one knows anything substantial yet.

Originally posted by Crazy_Stick

You are not the only person having this issue right now. I found some reports at EVE University and you can follow the thread here: http://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtopic.php?t=58122&p=507399

PS: There's a big thread about this on the official forum but no one seems to have a reliable answer for fixing the problem and CCP is currently quiet. No one one knows anything substantial yet.

Thankyou very much for this info. As I must use the ingame browser to register for eveuniversity, or so it told me when I tried to, I cant post there.

But, just seeing those posts gives me some hope a sollution will be found, and that its not just me.

I notice several of the posters mention their are with charter, so am I.

Makes me wonder.

A big favor I would ask, if anyone can, should a sollution be found could you update me here, as so far, this has been the only access I have to the info?

Thanks again folks, very helpfull.

• FugglyFuggly Member Posts: 141

Bump.

I read it just because it wasnt a godforsaken GW2 thread ffs

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    I went and checked. I've not seen any new information posted elsewhere yet that could help.  Just a lot of anger and thumb twitching along with a few trace routes per say. O.o
  • dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Originally posted by Fuggly

Bump.

Great post!

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

Originally posted by dave6660
    Originally posted by Fuggly

Bump.

Great post!

Yeah it really is, lol.

They got it fixed BTW, whatever it was.

• EnikEnik Member UncommonPosts: 99
    You're better off if EVE is down. Find a better game to play -- it won't be hard.
  • UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by alexanys1982
    Where the heck is my 14 days free I had an account too wth?

You should be able to just start one if you want.  Won't be your old account though.

Originally posted by alexanys1982
    Where the heck is my 14 days free I had an account too wth?

They use to send me invites twice each year, then about four years ago went down to once a year. The last time was at christmas 2010.

About 6 months ago they sent me a survey, asking for my unbiased review of the game, and I told em it sucked, and to never send me anything again, lol, and here I am, already plexed once, guess I'll play for free, this shit is way easier now days.