Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Something *has* to be done about WvW queues!!

2»

Comments

• VanadromArdaVanadromArda Member Posts: 445
    Originally posted by Prenho
    Is it one instance per server? If it is the problem, just create more instances, it will solve this problem.

That's not wwhat ArenaNet wants. This is not a Battlegrounds, it's one instance per server. That instance is suppose to represent ONE SERVER.

One Instance = One WHOLE server.

This means "multiple instances" are completely out of the question.

They cannot increase the cap on WvW either, as it is balanced a certain way.

The only way to let more people join, at present, is to open more servers.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by grapevine
    Originally posted by Caldrin
    well there are already like 3 seperate ones why not more ?

Because WvWvW is league table based, measured on the performance of those servers in a persistent zone for the period of the contest.  Once the contest is over the winning server moves up the table, and which server fights which is recalculated.

but thats his point. it has 4 maps, why not 5, 6, or even 7 maps?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• PrenhoPrenho Member Posts: 298
    Originally posted by TemperHoof
    Is it one instance per server? If it is the problem, just create more instances, it will solve this problem.

That's not wwhat ArenaNet wants. This is not a Battlegrounds, it's one instance per server. That instance is suppose to represent ONE SERVER.

So good luck with queues(until at least the number of players decreases and stabilizes).

• Preacher26Preacher26 Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

Because WvWvW is league table based, measured on the performance of those servers in a persistent zone for the period of the contest.  Once the contest is over the winning server moves up the table, and which server fights which is recalculated.

This would work but atm Ide rather a few new servers be added. Going to overflow everytime I zone is getting old.

As far as the WvW ques, most complaints are people that only que Eternal... that is a fact. I play on Gate of Madness and although Eternal que is horrid at times... I can always hop into one of the borders.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by TemperHoof

Not necessarily, as I've stated above. Its just very tricky to pull off code wise.

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• LucioonLucioon Member UncommonPosts: 819
    Originally posted by Preacher26
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

This would work but atm Ide rather a few new servers be added. Going to overflow everytime I zone is getting old.

As far as the WvW ques, most complaints are people that only que Eternal... that is a fact. I play on Gate of Madness and although Eternal que is horrid at times... I can always hop into one of the borders.

going into Overflow is actually a bonus sometimes to me.

I always try to finish a DE and if I get to transfer back to my server from Overflow, after the DE and the Nodes, once I transfer, they are back up and I get to use the Node immediately again and the DE again. 

And also GW2 is not without problems, there is a bug currently affecting one of the Charr starting zone skill challenges, its only doable in the Overflow. So that in itself is cool. 

Life is a Maze, so make sure you bring your GPS incase you get lost in it.